Who will coach Obion County next season?

oc_rebel_25

Very seldom do I reply to post on here but this is a topic that I would like my opinion stated. Obion County Central has reached the point that it is now a laughing stock and a complete death trap to coaches. I played ball for Coach Lee in Jr. High and he was an assistant all through my high school and he is by far the best coach that I have ever been exposed to. He has a deep passion for winning the right way through hard work and defense and is a true student of the game. He is one of the most demanding coaches i have played for, yet unquestionably fair. One of the things I remember him telling me when we were playing ball and he took a bunch of our players out was that he would rather lose by 50 with players that played hard, than win by 50 with a group of individuals who didn't put out. Better yet, he means it. He is what Central needs, but what they really don't want because he is by far the most unconcerned person when it comes to the politics that is OCCHS. He will speak his mind and could care less what parents went after him, he will not buckle to their pressures. Will he be offered/take the job? I don't know. But if he ends up at OC I would bet that in 3-5 years they would be back to a powerhouse and maybe then SF would realize what they had and who they lost. I would want nothing more than to see OC straighten their problems out and be back on top and a coach as loyal as Coach Lee is their answer, but until the fans, parents, administration, and all of the other basketball gurus in troy decide that a coach may know more about the game than themselves, the pit will be just another gym and central on the schedule will be just another game.

825619264[/snapback]

If everything you say about Curt Lee is true,then by all means he is who Central needs coaching them....Not caring about what parents say is fine,but the problem is that the administration doesn't back the coach...You can suspend or try to discilpline a kid and that kid will go cry to mommy and daddy and then the coach ends up in trouble....The administration has got to back the coach...If not it wouldn't matter if Robert Montgomery Knight was coach at OC... thumb

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic