Who will coach Obion County next season?

oc_rebel_25

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real question is:  Will the parents and administration let whoever is selected to do the coaching?  Its baseball season, and softball will soon follow..... ;)

825575718[/snapback]

That is the real question.. thumb

Wouldn't Sisco coming to OC be interesting ???......OC and UC won't be in the same classification anymore but they would play twice a year.....Clint vs Shane and Marty... B)

If John Glisson has his off-court demons under control, why not. He can flat out coach the game. The real question is this, who would want to come to Obion? OCHS is going to have to hire someone who is willing to take the job, they can't go hand pick who they want. This just in... Obion is no longer a plum coaching job!

I don't know about Obion but I know the gold is about to run out at Peabody in aboyt 3 years. This is a good place for a coach who knows basketball. Good luck Obion. Cisco may be a good fit for you guys. I think he would be better with white guys anyway. He does not have a clue how to coach black kids. Look at what Coach Whitby has done at Lake County. He has adjusted very well. He's present team skin color is different but he is gettin the same results from them. Whitby should get coach of the year.

If I had my pick of the ones mentioned,I would go with Hatcher from Graves Co....

OC never was a plum job..It was WHITBY'S JOB!!!!! thumb

The white kid,black kid comment was,well just to be blunt,stupid.....

I don't think Davis will get the job,he never acted or coached like he wanted it...

Curt Lee would be a good choice......I don't know about John Glisson,seems like he was a choice when OC hired a coach last time......

OC has 4 feeder jr highs that have some kids that have been playing basketball since the first grade and some play on traveling teams in addition to the jr.pro league they play in...If the new coach can recognize the talent he has the potential to tap in to,OC could return to prominence...But it is going to be a total ground floor up rebuilding process....With the completion of the new school and new basketball gym.the job has some things to offer.....

The black, white statement was made to show those like you who you really are and your stand on issues you will never understand. One reason it was mentioned was to show you how Coach Whitby can do it all and is a pure Basketball Great. If you knew some of the remarks Cisco has made about predominate black teams, you would know what I mean. But you do have your opinion and I must respect that. Cisco would be a good fit at OC.

All the previous coaches mentioned have good qualifications and would do well in getting this program back on it's feet, but a few more have come to the forefront in recent days::: Tim Halford(would be a good fit), also some area Jr.High coaches

have been mentioned as well (let's make the move up fellas thumb ) Also someone

said Cal Luther could be interested :D

So applications are overflowing at the "PIT" ..

Someone mentioned Coach Lee, he's big on discipline and would do a great job as he get's the most out of his players, and also he speaks his mind which is probably

the best thing for those folks right now!!