Who will coach Obion County next season?

oc_rebel_25

I don't know about Obion but I know the gold is about to run out at Peabody in aboyt 3 years.  This is a good place for a coach who knows basketball.  Good luck Obion.  Cisco may be a good fit for you guys.  I think he would be better with white guys anyway.  He does not have a clue how to coach black kids.  Look at what Coach Whitby has done at Lake County.  He has adjusted very well.  He's present team skin color is different but he is gettin the same results from them.  Whitby should get coach of the year.

825576367[/snapback]

Can you explain the difference? :D

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if there is a shortage of applicants for the job (and considering the revolving door that school has had recently with all of its sports programs, except baseball where Buchanan is a fixture, it is certainly a possibility), then OC administrators could do the simple thing and assign a new coach from within the system's ranks. Curt Lee would be the logical choice. I think his style of coaching is more suited or boys anyway.

I've never thought it was a good idea for "legendary" coaches to return to the place of their past glory. Catching lightning in a bottle twice is next to impossible.

The black, white statement was made to show those like you who you really are and your stand on issues you will never understand.  One reason it was mentioned was to show you how Coach Whitby can do it all and is a pure Basketball Great.  If you knew some of the remarks Cisco has made about predominate black teams, you would know what I mean.  But you do have your opinion and I must respect that.  Cisco would be a good fit at OC.

825576919[/snapback]

Son,you have no idea how I understand...

If Sisco has made remarks like that and has had predominately black teams then he needs to go somewhere of brighter color...But not Obion Central....

BTW...It is spelled S..I..S..C..O...

I BELEIVE THAT COACH LEE WOULD BE A GREAT FIT AND WHOEVER SAID COACH SISCO WOULD BE, WELL THATS NOT AN EDUCATED THOUGHT. COACH SISCO HAS SQUANDERED TALENT THESE PAST FEW YEARS AT PEABODY. THEY NEED A STRICT COACH IN THERE. CAN ANYBODY TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT COACH HATCHER, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIM. NOR DO I EVEN KNOW WHO TIM HALFORD OR CAL LUTHER EVEN IS. IF ANYBODY KNOWS I WISH THEY WOULD LET ME KNOW.

I BELEIVE THAT COACH LEE WOULD BE A GREAT FIT AND WHOEVER SAID COACH SISCO WOULD BE, WELL THATS NOT AN EDUCATED THOUGHT. COACH SISCO HAS SQUANDERED TALENT THESE PAST FEW YEARS AT PEABODY. THEY NEED A STRICT COACH IN THERE. CAN ANYBODY TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT COACH HATCHER, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIM. NOR DO I EVEN KNOW WHO TIM HALFORD OR CAL LUTHER EVEN IS. IF ANYBODY KNOWS I WISH THEY WOULD LET ME KNOW.

825580300[/snapback]

Halford is from Gibson County and currently the coach at Covington. Luther is a legend in the coaching ranks. He coached Murray State, UT Martin and several other teams. In fact, he coached OC alum Robin Cude at UT Martin. He was also named OVC coach of the year several times. As to Sisco - Peabody is 21-10 this season...a bit better than 4-24.

If you can get Hatcher you had better get him. He is one of the top coaches in the state of Kentucky. He will do whatever it takes to be successful. The key for any coach that comes to Obion County is for the people there to get behind the coach and let them do what they are hired to do. I have seen them run off several coaches in the last few years and the legend Jim Whitby.

Who do you think will coach Obion County next year?

Russ Davis- interim coach

Allen Hatcher- Graves Co. coach

Clint Sisco- Peabody coach

Curt Lee- South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> Girl's coach

Anymore coaches applying that you have heard of?

825575602[/snapback]

After what I read about Sisco he definitely doesnt need to be there even though there isnt any blacks on the team if he has a color problem we dont need him.We may get a couple on there in the coming years so a big NO to him . Curt Lee I think would be a find choice as would Bill Kail the boys need someone to really be there and they respect you got to give it to recieve it .And no we dont want Davis back that is for sure we have enough humiliation and dont need anymore the only credit he should get is 4 taking the team but isnt that what he really wanted amyway think about it.He showed no remorse about losing but iwould when a parent says something about his kid or a kid show emotions and let the kids know you have faith in them without just sitting and smiling