Seeding procedures

deaddux

ironman55,

I am sure that Pat would do as you suggested and schedule the weakest D2 teams to wrestle each season.  That has been his pattern ever since he started coaching in 1980 and has been the reason for his success over the years.  Just take a look at the Ryan schedule the past few years and you can see that they are looking for the easy way to a title.

1.  McCallie Invitational

2. CBHS Duals

3.  Father Ryan Invitational

4.  Mater Dei Invitational

5.  Collins Hill, GA  Duals

6.  Helias, MO Duals

7.  Hamilton, OH Duals

It looks to me like they are trying to dodge everyone in both Tennessee and D2.

825581389[/snapback]

u make ur point well haha

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news, hopefully; we did vote as a group of coaches to seed the tournament next year, using criteria in the HS wrestling fed for seeding to eliminate politics. The reason is because of obvious flaws in the current interpretation as voiced by others. We are making progress; it's just a shame that others before didn't have this opportunity.

There are alot of unknown results when you start to change the procedure for seeding at state.  DII teams see each other enough during the season without forcing more inbred competition.  (McCallie, Ryan, Brentwood, Knox Catholic, State Duals).  DII teams need more new, fresh opponents.

The Ryan coach scheduled 2 phoney matches with MBA to make sure his wrestlers got to state if they were DQ'ed in the state duals.  Would he schedule the 8 easiest DII teams and avoid unfavorable matchups to make sure his wrestlers got to state?

825580067[/snapback]

The first paragragh of your statement is not right, actually the DII teams need to be required to wrestle each other more often, and less DI teams. If they wrestled 8 DII teams I would be happy now.The Ryan coach cannot schedule phoney matches with MBA without the MBA coach approval. If you don't know what you are talking about, why do you make yourself look like a fool. The results at the State tournament are not unknown.

The first paragragh of your statement is not right, actually the DII teams need to be required to wrestle each other more often, and less DI teams. If they wrestled 8 DII teams I would be happy now.The Ryan coach cannot schedule phoney matches with MBA without the MBA coach approval. If you don't know what you are talking about, why do you make yourself look like a fool. The results at the State tournament are not unknown.

825582649[/snapback]

yeah like you didn't make yourself look like a fool with that thread about the seeding process.

"you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best"

ULTIMATE MALE

825582649[/snapback]

Typical Ryan poster, someone disagrees with you and you call them names. Please set a better example for your wrestlers.

I believe DII wrestlers get enough DII matches and need more DI and out-of-state matches. If Ryan is big on DII matches, where are your annual dual matches with Baylor and McCallie?

Edited by ironman55

Typical Ryan poster, someone disagrees with you and you call them names.  Please set a better example for your wrestlers.

I believe DII wrestlers get enough DII matches and need more DI and out-of-state matches.  If Ryan is big on DII matches, where are your annual dual matches with Baylor and McCallie?

825594254[/snapback]

You are so WRONG that is not name calling, I do the name calling. Our wrestlers are just fine it is foolish to believe that a post on this prestigous board would influence their behavior.

We actually wreslte at the McCallie Inv that includes Baylor. So the question is foolish one, why doesn't Baylor wrestle at our Invitational?

You reply is that of a typical Ryan hater, or is it jealousy..never been quite sure....but I find your reply to show great ignorance about our program..

P.S. To all Ryan wrestlers please take note that I did try my best not to call this moron a name. Please use the same restraint in the future.

You are so WRONG that is not name calling, I do the name calling. Our wrestlers are just fine it is foolish to believe that a post on this prestigous board would influence their behavior. 

We actually wreslte at the McCallie Inv that includes Baylor. So the question is foolish one, why doesn't Baylor wrestle at our Invitational?

You reply is that of a  typical Ryan hater, or is it jealousy..never been quite sure....but I find your reply to show great ignorance about our program..

P.S. To all Ryan wrestlers please take note that I did try my best not to call this moron a name. Please use the same restraint in the future.

825595431[/snapback]

Typical Ryan poster, someone disagrees with you and you call them names. Please set a better example for your wrestlers.

"Whats the bottom man doin" is proposing 8 DII dual matches. Tournaments do not count because not all wrestlers will get a head-to-head match in a tournament.

All of this hate and contention goes back so far. Even though Baylor snatched up so much of our bluechippers from Hixson in the 70's and McCallie/ND got their share as well, I wanted to root for my friends being successful at each of these programs. I personally know it's hard to do this because we all knew how much better our own teams could have been.

This is just a reality of life we must live with. We have to make this lemon a lemonaide and not be sooooo bitter. I feel this issue with talent coming from our middle & elementry schools is what feeds much of this hate and bitterness.

I'm very happy with Bradley's success, and in a couple of years, it appears we'll be neck and neck with the most number of State titles, between Bradley, McCallie and Baylor.

I hope that one day we can have the individual tournament be just that, an individual tournament. Now that would be fun to watch and only keep team's scores/#'s of medals "unofficially" and not even kept on TSSAA records.

I would love that!!! thumb

Am I alone on this one? Any ideas from DI/DII coaches? What do you think, sly?

soms

All of this hate and contention goes back so far.  Even though Baylor snatched up so much of our bluechippers from Hixson in the 70's and McCallie/ND got their share as well, I wanted to root for my friends being successful at each of these programs.  I personally know it's hard to do this because we all knew how much better our own teams could have been.

This is just a reality of life we must live with.  We have to make this lemon a lemonaide and not be sooooo bitter.  I feel this issue with talent coming from our middle & elementry schools is what feeds much of this hate and bitterness.

I'm very happy with Bradley's success, and in a couple of years, it appears we'll be neck and neck with the most number of State titles, between Bradley, McCallie and Baylor.

I hope that one day we can have the individual tournament be just that, an individual tournament.  Now that would be fun to watch and only keep team's scores/#'s of medals "unofficially" and not even kept on TSSAA records.

I would love that!!! thumb

Am I alone on this one?  Any ideas from DI/DII coaches?  What do you think, sly?

soms

825596095[/snapback]

Soms,

I don't agree with the "not keeping score" officailly part. This is the tourament has more history of claiming and awarding state team titles than the duals does. It is a way different format and criteria for winning than the duals. That is why you will see one team win the duals and then a different team win the Traditional tourney. If a team is able to win both, then that is even a better case for debate of best team ever threads. Just my opinion.