Cookeville vs Lebanon

timbdp

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come it seams that when anybody loses a game, we have to blame the officiating, and we cannot give credit where credit's due.  Lebanon played a great game and could have won by more if they would have made more free throws.

Great game Lebanon and now it is time for siegel.

825582521[/snapback]

It's kinda hard not to blame the officials when the foulshot ratio was 49:22.

Can anybody ever win a game without it being the fault of the officials?  Lebanon just flat outplayed CookevilleCookeville made one spurt toward the end of the game and that was it. 

It wasn't the officiating.  There wasn't a play where Lebanon took the ball out of the cylinder.  The same thing did not happen last year against Siegel

Cookeville has a fine team.  I hate they cannot move on and represent our district in the regionals.  But, they got beat by another fine team.  Give Lebanon a little credit.

Just a little.

825581185[/snapback]

and yes a ball was pretty much taken out of the basket and goaltending was not called

If you are going to complain about a goaltending call, at least know what the heck you are talking about.

The shot in question was not even close to being in the cylinder. The ball was pinned against the backboard, not even in the square.

Goaltending? Probably. But don't let your imagination run away with you.

I can only imagine what we'll be hearing next...

"As he was shooting the ball, Donald punched him in the nose and denounced the moral fiber of his mother. Despite that, the ball passed completely through the net, after which a Lebanon player threw it back up through the net, and the referee made no call."

It's kinda hard not to blame the officials when the foulshot ratio was 49:22.

825583109[/snapback]

Lebanon shot 44 freethrows of which 22 came in the 4th quarter when Cookeville (as stated earlier) was intentionally sending Lebanon to the line. Of the 22 freethrows Lebanon shot in the first 3 quarters, 4 came on technical fouls.

The freethrow disparity is usually slanted toward the winning team because of all the extra attempts made at the end of the game. When you make statements like the one above, it would help if you would clarify for those people that believe everything they read.

And I will repeat, no Lebanon player took any basketball out of any cylinder. There was a questionable block call of which I agreed with. Had I been for Cookeville, I probably would have disagreed with it. That's basketball. Officials make calls. Some seem good, some seem bad. They usually even out.

I hate that a classy team like Cookeville (from a town in which I was born) has fans that can't seem to accept the loss. Again, Lebanon had to play a great game to beat a great team. They did. Congratulations to Lebanon for moving on and congratulations to Cookeville for a great season. With all the talent returning for Cookeville, they have great things to look forward to.