Sullivan Central vs. Unicoi County

brock20

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those guys who were not there for Volunteer play on the JV most of the time, they hardly even play varsity.  Don't try to even compare that lose to HV not having Carroll 100%.  If he was not hurt he would have dunked that opening tip at the first of the game.  Everyone there knew something was wrong with him from the get go.  I bet he played maybe 5:00 combined in the first half.

And stalling the ball is also ridiculous.  Yeah the object of playing is to try and do what it takes to win but when you stall the ball you are not really playing, you are just standing around.  If you want to do that how about each team just shoot a shot a piece and whoever makes one first wins?  Don't need refs, scorekeepers or a clock for that.  And Charlie B. may have done that back in 1946 or something but that was a different era back then....teams only stall the ball now so they will not get blown out of the gym.  Either way you want to slice it Volunteer is 0-3 againist Central and Hess has done pretty much whatever he wanted to againist them.

This thread was supposed to be about Unicoi and Central so I will try to get it back on subject.  Unicoi is pretty good.  I had only seen them one time before and that was when Central beat them at home.  Ike Weaver also looked good.  The last time I seen him was when he played summer ball about 2 years ago and he has improved a lot.  But like I said in an earlier post Central, HV and UC...3 good teams and anyone of them could beat each other.  I could easily see a District 1 sweep of the Region.

825588705[/snapback]

YOU NEED TO GET TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. Chadd Browder and Darren Mauk has more Varstiy Playing time than the number 32 Ray Carpenter who played JV all year long buddy but he helped lead this team to a Victory over our Preseason Confrence champs.

UC outplayed Central BIG time. If you were at the game, you would understand everything that happened. The devils outplayed the cougars. The cougar fans (the painted ones who sat behind us)... you can say whatever you want, but there was plenty of room for y'all elsewhere... and just to let y'all know, the "section where central should have sat but all the uc fans were sitting..." read it next time you're there.. it says UC FAN SECTION!... so complain all you want about the seating... no one said you couldn't stand up! :D as for Ike Weaver... all my props go to him! he is one outstanding basketball player who could, in my opion, out play any basketball player in our conference. :D IKE IS MY HERO! the team who deserved to win district.. DID win district. we have worked our butts off for this all year, and i am proud to say that i am a unicoi county blue devil! GO BIG BLUE!

Everyone knows who should have gotten it. Weaver did have 22, what did Sparks have 4 points and a million cheap shots? And Hess gave Sparks a bunch of turnovers.

825589703[/snapback]

You know i figured you would have said weaver, knowing he had the most points. Points ain't everything buddy. If it wasn't for sparks and his passing, weaver wouldn't of had his 22, nobody would get their points. Sparks had 10 points not 4. Plus his seven assists. Sounds to me like it was pretty good game for him.

You know i figured you would have said weaver, knowing he had the most points. Points ain't everything buddy. If it wasn't for sparks and his passing, weaver wouldn't of had his 22, nobody would get their points. Sparks had 10 points not 4. Plus his seven assists. Sounds to me like it was pretty good game for him.

825590236[/snapback]

Sparks Flat out was the MVP. Yes Ike had a heck of a championchip game but Like hvgal said Hunter won the Happy Valley game and 7 Assists in the Championchip game along with some great hustle doesnt go unnoticed (Diving on the Floor for lose balls- offensive rebounding-defensive rebouding-great passes and all that stuff) it isnt points it is Play Makers when it comes tournament time and Hunter Sparks was the playmaker during this District Tournament of the year 2005