Coaching Etiquette in Tournaments....

gunner2

How does everyone feel abou this....Should Coaches that have teams in the tournament cheer openly against other teams? I know most coaches dislike certain teams but most have enough respect and class to not cheer openly at the tournament against other teams. Just curious as to how some of you view this. Its happening at the 2-AA tournament in Morristown. Does it happen anywhere else or have you seen it in Morristown as well??

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sure most coaches quietly pull for certain teams to win (or lose) depending on who they will face in the next round, but I can honestly say that in my 15 years, i've never seen a coach in our district openly cheering for another team in the stands or courtside. not saying that it hasn't happened, i've just never seen it. coaches should demonstrate courtesy, respect and professionalism. never know when they will need a favor or game tape.

I was at the tournament on Monday (only day the girls have played so far) and I didn't see any coaches cheering for any other teams. I did see some of the players & fans cheering for teams, but not coaches. Of course, I might not have been in a position to see a particular coach, but I can tell you that our coach did not cheer for any team. She sat across the floor from us and did not express any emotion during the other games.

Are you talking about coaches or fans???

I was at the tournament on Monday (only day the girls have played so far) and I didn't see any coaches cheering for any other teams.  I did see some of the players & fans cheering for teams, but not coaches.  Of course, I might not have been in a position to see a particular coach, but I can tell you that our coach did not cheer for any team.  She sat across the floor from us and did not express any emotion during the other games.

Are you talking about coaches or fans???

825583378[/snapback]

LadyTigersMom you might need to watch your coach a little closer......before you comment on this.

LadyTigersMom you might need to watch your coach a little closer......before you comment on this.

825583398[/snapback]

Gunner2....I did watch my coach and like I said...she did not cheer for or against anyone. If you think otherwise, give details...which game, etc. The only cheering going on was some of our parents were cheering for GP because they are friends of ours.

You might be trying to stir something up, but you are making false implications.

Gunner2....I did watch my coach and like I said...she did not cheer for or against anyone.  If you think otherwise, give details...which game, etc.  The only cheering going on was some of our parents were cheering for GP because they are friends of ours. 

You might be trying to stir something up, but you are making false implications.

825583410[/snapback]

She sat right behind me and she was cheering against SG and CD. I think your girls have a great team. Good Luck.