How is TNT a state championship?

justforfun?

I don't understand how TNT is considered a state championship.  I thought it was an invitational tournament.  Did a team have to fight up a bracket and win their section of the state first?

Could someone expain?

Also, what does TNT stand for?

825583883[/snapback]

For a long time this was the only tournament for middle schools,the last two or three years every little town has come up with their own tournament,so why not be considered a state tournament?

You have to send in your record and only the best are invited unless you are the Champs the year before. I think I am right if not correct me. I have watched several Tournaments this year, regular season games, and some travel league games. There were some good players at all of these games but at the TNT I saw some girls who will be playing Divison 1 some day. Lake City had one, USJ had a couple, Livingston had one who could shoot a NBA 3 all day. Forrest has some who has a chance at playing college ball. Travel league teams you usually see several all stars on one team. But its different when they play at home. TNT did a great job. CONGRATS to all the teams in the TNT. Also congrats to the Forrest lady rockets on their second championship. UNDEFEATED over the last two years, and 61-3 over the last three years. WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to send in your record and only the best are invited unless you are the Champs the year before. I think I am right if not correct me. I have watched several Tournaments this year, regular season games, and some travel league games.  There were some good players at all of these games but at the TNT I saw some girls who will be playing Divison 1 some day. Lake City had one, USJ had a couple, Livingston had one who could shoot a NBA 3 all day. Forrest has some who has a chance at playing college ball. Travel league teams you usually see several all stars on one team. But its different when they play at home. TNT did a great job.  CONGRATS to all the teams in the TNT. Also congrats to the Forrest lady rockets on their second championship. UNDEFEATED over the last two years, and 61-3 over the last three years. WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825585030[/snapback]

You are correct in the way teams are selected.

• 7 months later...

You have to send in your record and only the best are invited unless you are the Champs the year before. I think I am right if not correct me. I have watched several Tournaments this year, regular season games, and some travel league games. There were some good players at all of these games but at the TNT I saw some girls who will be playing Divison 1 some day. Lake City had one, USJ had a couple, Livingston had one who could shoot a NBA 3 all day. Forrest has some who has a chance at playing college ball. Travel league teams you usually see several all stars on one team. But its different when they play at home. TNT did a great job. CONGRATS to all the teams in the TNT. Also congrats to the Forrest lady rockets on their second championship. UNDEFEATED over the last two years, and 61-3 over the last three years. WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are correct in the way teams are selected. I also think that teams can play in more than one of these "State Tournaments". I personally think TMSSAA needs to divide the classifications and regions up just like they do in High Schools. This will help with scheduling and will produce a true state champion.

I don't know that I would consider it a state tournament at all. It seems that the very best teams were playing in the TMSAA tournament. That is the ruling body of althetics in Tennessee, isn't it?

There is no real "State Championship" for MS, as there are a ton of very good teams that do not even belong to TMSAA. The TNT gets some high quality teams fron around the state. Usually better than TMSAA, at least in the Mid-State. Very well run tournament.

I think that the TMSAA is the only "official" state tournament. Alot of schools are not part of the TMSAA because they dont follow their guidelines. Therefore, the only alternative for them are tournaments like the TNT. They probably just call it a state tournament because they only select the top teams like mentioned above.

TNT stands for Tops-N-Tennessee.. I think..

• 2 weeks later...