Powell Playday

VTEC

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seymour 0 - Karns 0

Great game...Seymour 2 hit Karns, although they didn't score a lot of runs, Karns looked good all weekend. Ogg was a great addition, and by the looks of this weekend, she will be hard to keep of the bases this year. Getting Blosser back from basketball and putting her in front of McNew will make for a tough line-up this spring. Karns will be a contender....

Seymour 9 - South Doyle 1

Seymour no-hits South Doyle....and explodes for 7 hits in one inning.

Seymour 1 - Halls 2

Seymour 1-hit Halls through 3...but gave up back to back hits to Lloyd and D'Apice to tie in the 4th. Seymour lost it shortly thereafter with another early season throwing error.

Seymour 0 - Central 1

The best game of the weekend....if you like pitching! Best friends Monday (soph) and Irwin (soph) go at it for the first time ever! The result....12K's for Monday, 12K's for Irwing in 5 innings. Central wins scoring 1 run on timely hitting (a 1 hitter for Seymour) after a costly throwing error (this seems to be a recurring theme). With 24 K's in 5 innings...what more could you ask for in a pitching duel. Just like last year, Central will be hard to beat with Irwin on the mound....

Seymour had a good weekend against some 3-A powerhouse teams....once the bats get going...and they will....they will be hard to handle.

Did anyone have a problem with the time limit rule? In one game WB was home team and the visitors got to play their half of the inning, but WB only had one batter and time ran out,game was called and ended in a tie. Same thing happened in another game and the inning was finished after time ran out........

Seymour 0 - Karns 0 

Great game...Seymour 2 hit Karns, although they didn't score a lot of runs, Karns looked good all weekend.  Ogg was a great addition, and by the looks of this weekend, she will be hard to keep of the bases this year.  Getting Blosser back from basketball and putting her in front of McNew will make for a tough line-up this spring.  Karns will be a contender....

Seymour 9 - South Doyle 1

Seymour no-hits South Doyle....and explodes for 7 hits in one inning.

Seymour 1 - Halls 2

Seymour 1-hit Halls through 3...but gave up back to back hits to Lloyd and D'Apice to tie in the 4th.  Seymour lost it shortly thereafter with another early season throwing error. 

Seymour 0 - Central 1

The best game of the weekend....if you like pitching!  Best friends Monday (soph) and Irwin (soph) go at it for the first time ever!  The result....12K's for Monday, 12K's for Irwing in 5 innings.  Central wins scoring 1 run on timely hitting (a 1 hitter for Seymour) after a costly throwing error (this seems to be a recurring theme).  With 24 K's in 5 innings...what more could you ask for in a pitching duel.  Just like last year, Central will be hard to beat with Irwin on the mound....

Seymour had a good weekend against some 3-A powerhouse teams....once the bats get going...and they will....they will be hard to handle.

825590619[/snapback]

I would't say that Halls,Central,Karns and South Doyle are powerhouse teams...

825590860[/snapback]

Why would you say any of them are not powerhouses?

Also How many people realized that the pitching distance was off by 3 feet on the first two fields....Confirmed by the Umps it was at 37 feet....maybe a little less.....

Boys and there pitching mounds.....why couldn't they move the portable mounds?

Did anyone have a problem with the time limit rule? In one game WB was home team and the visitors got to play their half of the inning, but WB only had one batter and time ran out,game was called and ended in a tie. Same thing happened in another game and the inning was finished after time ran out........

825590698[/snapback]

Yep seen it happen two different ways.....Ed the ump ruled that he would complete the inning....another time game was stopped with runners on base and the home team had no outs.....

oh well jam---boree.....I guess that is what jam stands for to jam as many games as possible....

825590860[/snapback]

You would if you were Seymour.... but seriously, maybe powerhouse is a little strong....but give credit where it is due! I will leave out S.Doyle...but Halls and Karns are contenders every year....some of the most consistent programs around. And Karns will be tough this year....I would say they are a powerhouse. Pitching is good, defense is very good, and they have some of the best offensive weapons in Knoxville. Also, Central finished 4th in the state last year....losing the two games in Memphis by a total of two runs. So what if they lost 5 seniors last year, they only batted .160 something at state....and they only need one run with Irwin on the mound (barring defensive collapse, which sometimes happens). No matter what you think, Central outperformed EVERY east TN team except Soddy last year. Thats a powerhouse in my book!

No matter what you think, Central outperformed EVERY east TN team except Soddy last year.  Thats a powerhouse in my book!

825591108[/snapback]

Can't let this one go!! Outperformed every E. TN team! You were not at the Region II finals last year, right. Farragut and Central played two games last year, Farragut won the Regoin II finals and Central won by one run in 11 innings at state. I wouldn't call that outperforming.

Kandice and Central are good, no doubt. And all this talk is preseason jiberish. But my two cents worth is that Karns will emerge from District 3 this year, not Central. (that's from someone who has never been wrong on a preseason prediction, HA HA).

Can't let this one go!!  Outperformed every E. TN team!  You were not at the Region II finals last year, right.  Farragut and Central played two games last year, Farragut won the Regoin II finals and Central won by one run in 11 innings at state.  I wouldn't call that outperforming.

Kandice and Central are good, no doubt.  And all this talk is preseason jiberish.  But my two cents worth is that Karns will emerge from District 3 this year, not Central.  (that's from someone who has never been wrong on a preseason prediction, HA HA).

825591247[/snapback]

Then I predict Heritage to to put Farragut out of the Districts :P Its getting good already.......