Region 5AA Tourney

War Eagles

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as giles and cheatham i see giles winning by around 20.

Harpeth and page will be a good game but i see harpeth winning.

Waverly beats loretto by about the same margin giles beats cheatham

I will say sycamore upsets lewis by 10

2nd round

i see giles taking care of harpeth but not by much. Wilson will have harpeth ready for them.

And i see the Waverly sycamore game being much closer than in district and sycamore could perhaps pull the upset to make it 3 games against giles in 3 years.

In the end giles is to much for any team simply because no one can match up with tyler smith. But i see some of the 10aa teams playing with giles i just dont really think any could pull off the upset

ill say giles co will easily beat cheatham, harpeth will prob beat page, waverly will beat loretto by at least 10, and sycamore will pull an upset to lewis co.

giles will have a closer game with harpeth but will come through with the win, waverly will face sycamore for the 4th time and do the same as the last 3 games but it will be a lot closer than the district game. Giles Co. and Waverly will be the 2 teams in the championship game, it will be a really good game with both star players (Ricco, and Tyler) scorein around 30 pts. but when it is over waverly will come out with the win. but this will only be possible if waverly's BLUE CREW is there in Page LOUD and WILD!!!

Go TIGERS!! thumb

Guest catfish-hunter

If you all want to consider a Sycamore win over Lewis County an "upset" then go right ahead. I think that both teams are pretty darn equal, kinda like Sycamore & CreekWood. I'll take Sycamore by 5-6 in this one.

Cheatham County needs to avoid an early spurt from Giles County. If they can do that and Noel can get hot, who knows??? I feel like Giles County will win this game because of their athleticism inside, but Cheatham's coaching is far superior than that of Giles County. I'll take the Bobcats by 15!!!

Harpeth and Page will be a really good basketball game. The Patriots are solid as their record indicates. They beat Cheatham over the Christmas break, so they must be decent. Playing at home, I think they will keep it close but I still like Harpeth to come away with a win. Wilson has the Indians playing pretty well right now, so it's hard for me to pick against 'em. Harpeth by 5!!!

I've said it before and now I'm saying it again: Loretto would not be here had Marshall County's players not quit. The Mustangs are in unfamiliar territory now and Waverly is about to show them what it is like to play with the big boys, just like Giles did last Wednesday night. Waverly by 25, just because I feel sorry for Loretto.

Guest catfish-hunter
Waverly will have to win another game before the state tournament!!  If they beat Giles it doesn't autormatically guarantee them a state berth the team they will play in the sub-state will probally be tougher than giles co.

825590463[/snapback]

That would be in the Sectionals against either Lexington at home OR they would have to travel to Bolivar.

If you all want to consider a Sycamore win over Lewis County an "upset" then go right ahead.  I think that both teams are pretty darn equal, kinda like Sycamore & CreekWood.  I'll take Sycamore by 5-6 in this one. 

Cheatham County needs to avoid an early spurt from Giles County.  If they can do that and Noel can get hot, who knows???  I feel like Giles County will win this game because of their athleticism inside, but Cheatham's coaching is far superior than that of Giles County.  I'll take the Bobcats by 15!!!

Harpeth and Page will be a really good basketball game.  The Patriots are solid as their record indicates.  They beat Cheatham over the Christmas break, so they must be decent.  Playing at home, I think they will keep it close but I still like Harpeth to come away with a win.  Wilson has the Indians playing pretty well right now, so it's hard for me to pick against 'em.  Harpeth by 5!!!

I've said it before and now I'm saying it again: Loretto would not be here had Marshall County's players not quit.  The Mustangs are in unfamiliar territory now and Waverly is about to show them what it is like to play with the big boys, just like Giles did last Wednesday night.  Waverly by 25, just because I feel sorry for Loretto.

825589616[/snapback]

CATFISH-HUNTER

CHEATHAM IS DONE! THEY POUTED BECAUSE THEY DID NOT MAKE IT TO THE FINAL ROUND OF THE DISTRICS AND THEN GOT POUNDED BY SYCAMORE. GILES CO. MAY WIN BY 50 BECAUSE CHEATHAM HAS BECOME A LISTLESS TEAM. GILES COUNTY COULD GET MORE OUT OF SCRIMMAGING AMONGST THEMSELVES THAN PLAYING CHEATHAM. NOEL SMITH FOR DISTRICT MVP. THAT WAS A JOKE. CHEATHAM'S SEASON ENDED WITH HARPETH AND THAT IS SAD TO SAY, BECAUSE I THOUGHT THEY HAD A DECENT TEAM.

Guest catfish-hunter
CATFISH-HUNTER

CHEATHAM IS DONE!  THEY POUTED BECAUSE THEY DID NOT MAKE IT TO THE FINAL ROUND OF THE DISTRICS AND THEN GOT POUNDED BY SYCAMORE.  GILES CO. MAY WIN BY 50 BECAUSE CHEATHAM HAS BECOME A LISTLESS TEAM.  GILES COUNTY COULD GET MORE OUT OF SCRIMMAGING AMONGST THEMSELVES THAN PLAYING CHEATHAM.  NOEL SMITH FOR DISTRICT MVP. THAT WAS A JOKE.  CHEATHAM'S SEASON ENDED WITH HARPETH AND THAT IS SAD TO SAY, BECAUSE I THOUGHT THEY HAD A DECENT TEAM.

825590929[/snapback]

If Giles comes out flat and plays like they did in the first half against Marshall County and Loretto, then I promise you that Cheatham will make them pay. Giles does not want to let the Cubs hang around and build up confidence because that can often times be a very dangerous thing. Giles County's goal should be to feed Tyler and Channing the rock early and hope that they can put the Cubs away before halftime. If they are losing this game at halftime, like against Marshall County and Loretto, then I just don't see them beating Cheatham by 30-40 points in the second half. That is why I have Giles winning by only 15!!!

Only advantage Cheatham has is in coaching. Coach Jackson will have to devise a way to foul out Coffee and Smith. And quickly!! Otherwise this game will get ugly. Giles County will dominate inside. It will be interesting to see the intensity level that Cheatham has. They had plenty to play for in the consolation game against Sycamore and played flat, which is out of character for them. Or maybe it was Sycamore's effort which made it appear that way.