The Dynasty is over!

slimdaddy2005

Well gang, its over. Fairley ended our season tonite. They beat us by 3 or 4. I dont really remember the final score. The game was played just like the city championship game. We were up by 10 in the 2nd quarter and we let them back in. Its been an up and down season and i hate to see it end. I hope somebody from Memphis wins it all since we cant. Gotta say Congrats to the seniors J.P, Colin, David, Marcus and Joe, and myself. We went undefeated at home in our four years with 3 state championships. I hate we couldnt get four but i guess my three rings will do. I know yall are happy to see us out of it now. This is Slim signing off for good. Ill holla.

White Station Spartans

State Champions

2001-2002;2002-2003;2003-2004(The 3 I were a part of)

1999-2000

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did this happen?

825592027[/snapback]

Volsbig,

What happened is very simple: the better TEAM won the game...AGAIN. No fluke. No gimmicks. No "box-n-1." Fairley just beat W.S. the old-fashioned way-- straight up, man-to-man!

The game was NOT as close as the final score indicated: Fairley was up 10 pts towards the end. W.S. had to foul...Fairley missed most of those free throws in the waning seconds, then just stood back and allowed W.S score uncontested layups, repeatedly.

This was Fairley's 2nd-straight win over White Station, this year. Fairley was just too athletic & balanced, on both sides of the ball, for W.S... I haven't seen the stats, but -- Fairley absolutely slaughtered W.S. on the boards, especially offensively!

Fairley has an OUTSTANDING team, Volsbig. They've been UNDERATED most of the season (BTW, so has Mitchell)! They have all the necessary ingredients to win the AAA state title. Those of us here in Memphis have known that for quite some time!

As for White Station...Congratulations on a good season. I think most people (myself included) are surprised that they had as sucessful a seaon, as they did. Most knowledgeable fans are NOT surprised, however, that they did NOT make it out of Memphis. I'm sure not!

Good luck to Fairley and all the remaining Memphis teams. I'm pulling for you...

Edited by TraderB