Giles Co/Cheatham Co

afan1222

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28-17 Giles Co. at the half. Both team still aren't playing up to there potential. Game is slow paced with Cheatham playing a 2-3 zone defense and cheatham is having a tough time getting shots over Giles Co's size with several blocks for Giles in the game.

Giles Co. Scoring

Smith 10 (2dunks)

Coffey 2

Garret 4

D Holt 3

Z Holt 3

Nelson 3

Cheatham Scoring

Smith 10 (2 long threes)

Davidson 2

Moss 3

Hoeh 2

Cheatham heats up could be a good second half. Cheatham has done a pretty good job on Tyler Smith in the 1st half in there zone defense.

Oh my, Giles County is up 48 to 17 in the 3rd quarter. Giles County is on a 22-0 run in the 3rd. They will not be denied tonight. They came out flat, but whatever Holt said at half-time got dem boys fired up.

Cheatham County has gotten 2 intentional fouls called on them in the 3rd quarter. I guess they don't like getting dunked on. However, trying to take a player out of the game because you can't stop them is totally uncalled for.

Edited by GCfan79

53-19 giles co after 3. this one has gotten out of hand with cheatham only scoring 2 points in the qtr. Tyler Smith has 15 pts. now. Dansby for cheatham is only person to score for cheatham in the 3rd qtr. Someone for giles made a fool of themself in the 3rd qtr on a fancy dunk they missed, but i am saying no names!! <_<

Oh my, Giles County is up 48 to 17 in the 3rd quarter.  Giles County is on a 22-0 run in the 3rd.  They will not be denied tonight.  They came out flat, but whatever Holt said at half-time got dem boys fired up.

Cheatham County has gotten 2 intentional fouls called on them in the 3rd quarter.  I guess they don't like getting dunked on.  However, trying to take a player out of the game because you can't stop them is totally uncalled for.

825592570[/snapback]

dont say stuff that isn't true! trying to take someone out of the game??? I guess you are listening to a differnt game than i am on the radio. Cheatham held them so they wouldnt dunk. It wasnt dirty!

Does anyone in the Region tourney really want to play Giles County. I feel bad for the winner of the Harpeth vs. Page game tomorrow night, especially if it is Page. Holt still has his starters in the game...unbelievable. I am a Giles County fan, but that is uncalled for. Cheatham County couldn't come back if you spotted them 20 points. This is just asking to get someone hurt.

Yeah, we must be listening to two different games. I know what the commentators are saying on the Pulaski radio station. I think one of the fouls was referred to as the Goldberg spear.

Edited by GCfan79

haha i am listening to the cheatham co. radio station. NO wonder i guess giles county commentators dont like when someone touches there players. Commentator has been calling for the subs for a while and still most of them are in with the exceptioin of Smith b/c he picked up his 4th foul early in 4th qtr.

Edited by afan1222

67-45 Giles takes it. The game was no contest after the 22-0 run in the 3rd qtr. Cheatham couldnt throw it in the ocean in that qtr. Smith didn't have his best game tonight only 18 with 3 dunks by my count.

Cheatham Scoring

Brink 2

Smith 22

Davidson 4

Moss 7

Hoeh 2

Dansby 2

Miller 6

Vaughn 2

Giles Scoring (dont have the complete scoring for Giles Co the one i know are below)

Smith 18 (3 slams)

Coffey 14

Roberts 1

Garret 7

Hayes 4

Z holt 5

??????

??????

Giles plays Harpeth/Page winner

Guest catfish-hunter

Giles County has now ended the Cheatham Cubs season for three straight years. Tonight was Noel Smith's last one as a Cub, as well as seven other seniors for the Cubs. As a Sycamore War Eagles fan I'd like to say to Noel it has been a blast watching you play for the past four years. Your finest moment had to without question be the 39 point performance against Sycamore earlier this year when the Cubs won in 2OT. I truly hope that Noel goes on to play at a small college somewhere because with his shot and work ethic he deserves it. Great season Cheatham County Cubs!!!

Giles County will move on and play the winner of tomorrow night's Page-Harpeth game. Page will give Harpeth trouble because this game is being played in Franklin. I still like Harpeth to win because of players like Robert Derrick, Scott Erland, Davis, Collins, and Newton. Harpeth's coaching is FAR superior to that of Page's, and Giles County for that matter. They would be the first real test Giles County will get this postseason. If Page wins, then Giles will get another 30-40 point win.

From what I heard on the radio, this game sounded like a DUNKFEST. Tyler, Channing, and Garrett were apparently throwing down all night long here. It sounded like to me that Giles County was not hot from beyond the arch. Coffey hit a few shots, but Darrin and Zach Holt did not shoot particularly well from listening to Gibbs and Causey on the radio. Giles County did break alot of hearts here tonight though because they had a big lead in the first half and they did not play particularly well either. When Giles turned it up a notch in the third, Cheatham was simply overwhelmed. Giles County's athleticism took over and the rest is history. Harpeth & either Sycamore or Waverly are better matchups for Giles because each of them have some size inside. I'll discuss that later, but now I'll say congrats to Giles County on a solid effort tonight.

As far as dirty play goes, I remember last year when wneely started the thread after the Cheatham-Giles game talking about the Cubs being a dirty team. I wasn't there tonight, so I can't comment on the situation too much BUT I will say that coach Jackson is anything but dirty. If any of you think that he is trying to pull a John Chaney vs St. Joseph's act, then you are DEAD WRONG!!! :)