how to get started

volnative

I know of at least 15 young men who attend either Fulton, Gibbs are Halls that have told me they would like to put a team together and star playing. It seems lacrosse in Knoxville is centered in the West Knox area. If anyone can give me some info onwhere to go in the Knoxville area to see a game are a practice, maybe I could bring some of these kids by. Maybe we could even form a team or teams in this part of the city.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of at least 15 young men who attend either Fulton, Gibbs are Halls that have told me they would like to put a team together and star playing. It seems lacrosse in Knoxville is centered in the West Knox area. If anyone can give me some info onwhere to go in the Knoxville area to see a game are a practice, maybe I could bring some of these kids by. Maybe we could even form a team or teams in this part of the city.

825594816[/snapback]

I'd say the best team in Knoxville is Farragut. If you want to see a game, the link below should take you to their schedule, and good luck with your program.

http://www.laxpower.com/update05/binboy/XFGTTN.PHP

brian maskarinec is the head coach of west knoxville. this is the community team for knoxville. players come from bearden, west, maryville, and few other schools. his number 919-6077.

chris kelley is the head coach of farragut. his number is 742-4807.

rico silvera is the head coach of webb. his number is 986-9841. he also is the vice president of the tsla and does a lot to promote the sport.

any of these guys can assist you.

• 5 weeks later...

You should bring your guys down to the West Knox vs. Farragut game next wednesday the 6th. It will give you a good feel for the game, as both teams play completely different styles. May I add that those are the top three goalies in the state. Brandt (1st, West Knox), Tipton (2nd, West KNox) and Walker (3rd, Webb)

May I add that those are the top three goalies in the state. Brandt (1st, West Knox), Tipton (2nd, West KNox) and Walker (3rd, Webb)

825636288[/snapback]

Those three are definitely below Rainer, Taylor, Hansen, and the Webb goalie at least. The only way in which that might be the case is if you completely exclude D1.

Sorry, I got the teams wrong, It is West Knox Vs Webb, and the Webb Stadium. And just check the save percentage and goalkeeper average

825637077[/snapback]

There's a lot more to being a goalie than numbers. The caliber of teams faced, the caliber of player's faced, all give the Westknox keepers a statiscal edge over some of the other keepers.

I would dare to say that all of the goalies in DI are better than the goalies at West Knox. And that Mcconnell and Barnes from Centennial and Ravenwood, respectively , are far better than West Knox's. Stop making accusations like that. I think everyone else here can agree with me and i believe it has been addressed before.

Stats are just numbers. They do not represent the players skills in cage. Sure they do record the number of saves, percentages, etc. I agree with redtwin, save percentages depend on the caliber of the team being faced. For alli know, the west knox goalie could be the next tillman, orr he could have had every shot hit post and been given a save. Let's focus on getting the "W".

Back to the forum topic. It's good to hear about possibly another lacrosse program in Tennessee starting up. Does anyone know if this might be a high school or middle school team? great to know more kids are interested.

Stats are just numbers. They do not represent the players skills in cage.  Sure they do record the number of saves, percentages, etc.  I agree with redtwin, save percentages depend on the caliber of the team being faced.  For alli know, the west knox goalie could be the next tillman, orr he could have had every shot hit post and been given a save. Let's focus on getting the "W".

Back to the forum topic. It's good to hear about possibly another lacrosse program in Tennessee starting up.  Does anyone know if this might be a high school or middle school team? great to know more kids are interested.

825638112[/snapback]

The team that he is talking about would probaly be high school. I do agree that it would be great to get another team, especially in knoxville.

You should bring your guys down to the West Knox vs. Farragut game next wednesday the 6th. It will give you a good feel for the game, as both teams play completely different styles. May I add that those are the top three goalies in the state. Brandt (1st, West Knox), Tipton (2nd, West KNox) and Walker (3rd, Webb)

825636288[/snapback]

I think you have been flamed about this enough already so I will take it easy. From what I am seeing your Goalies, which are not the top in the state by any means, let in 20 goals against both Cordova and Father Ryan. Since you like to talk about the numbers, that little fact right there doesnt go in your goalies favor. Before you make another comment about top goalies in the state try to not make it so biased.

Edited by BHSLax