who has the best coaching?

bigred09

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TN is blessed to have some really dedicated coaching staffs. I obviously think that Coaches Cooper, Harvey, and Yanicky to a great job at MBA rebuilding a program that really had no direction for the previous four years. I personally think a great deal of Coaches Dent and Dimento at MUS. I went to a week long camp down in Memphis one year and they showed great hospitality the whole time. Coach Kemp at McCallie has put so much effort in to building that program. He's also great to play against in club ball. Coaches Gould and Douglass have built the program at USN. They really do a great job with that program, especially when you consider how many less guys they have to draw from. I don't know any of the other coaches but these are just a few that have really had a lasting impression on their programs

Maybe the best way to judge the best coach from year to year is to look at tnlax.com rankings. unless you believe that is a flawed system, then it should lessen the impact of simply having a "bad year" (i believe it takes last year's rank into account).

The ultimate test may be (for tenn lax) the state champs, but everyone who has been to state knows that once your at state, the responsibility lies more on the players and less on the coaches. of course, this requires the coaches' preparation of the players, but i'd say that the final game is up to the players.

Thus, i would look at tnlax ratings for the "best" coach- not "nicest" or "most hospitable", but "best"

Just for reference here are some of the coaches credentials in the league:

MUS:

Coach Dent: Hampden Sydney

Coach Dimento: Air Force

Others i don't know about

McCallie:

Coach Kemp: Football and Lacrosse at Colgate

USN:

Coach Gould: ?

Coach Douglass: Princeton

MBA:

Coach Cooper: Washington College/Hartwick

Coach Yanicky: Notre Dame

Coach Harvey: UVA

Webb:

Jon Bloom: W&L (I think)

Those are just the ones I can remember off of the top of my head. Feel free to chime in.

Edited by Redtwin

Obviously its hard to really say who is the best coaching staff, but MUS, MBA, and McCallie are all very lucky to have devoted and knowledgeable coaches. I know others have said this, but it really has made the difference in TN lacrosse that we have had such good examples and teachers.

Here's my input:

Coach Kemp certainly has to be the best motivator in the TSLA.

Coach Cooper has the most enthusiasm in that he isn't the most pleasant guy to be around the day after a loss.

Coach Dent is the most successful. One simple reason.

Coach Bloom does the most with less.

Coach Bernatavitz was the worst coach in the history of coaching whether it be Badminton Women's Doubles style or his wife's lemans class.

No offense to anyone left off, I've got class.

Coach Bloom (Webb) went to Franklin and Marshall.

Just for reference here are some of the coaches credentials in the league:

MUS:

Coach Dent: Hampden Sydney

Coach Dimento: Air Force

Others i don't know about

McCallie:

Coach Kemp: Football and Lacrosse at Colgate

USN:

Coach Gould: ?

Coach Douglass: Princeton

MBA:

Coach Cooper: Washington College/Hartwick

Coach Yanicky: Notre Dame

Coach Harvey: UVA

Webb:

Jon Bloom: W&L (I think)

Those are just the ones I can remember off of the top of my head. Feel free to chime in.

825599446[/snapback]