Jackson County Vs David Lipscomb

Ragland_JC_1

Man oletimer, it's people like you that make everyone else not like successful programs! GET A CLUE!!! I bet Jim Brown never mentioned the referees to his team after the game, because he knows that no matter how bad the officiating is that both teams had to deal with it. I respect Jim Brown and Jackson County, prolly one of the top 5 basketball programs in the nation over the past 7-10 years, but it's idiot fans like you that make other people root against your team. I have always supported 7AA once they have knocked 8AA out of the Region tournament, and i wish you all would do the same! Oh yea, a person from Jackson County calling someone else dumb now thas funy i doncare hoo u r! I had to write that is Jackson County language you IDIOT!!! Take it like a man, you got beat!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with tennisguy on this. "T"ing up the kid with the clipboard from Macon Co. and "T"ing up Coach Brown for making eye contact is what these teams have had to put up with, all Reg tourney long, from the best officials that the Officials Association in the Athens area has to offer. As I recall, the '03 R4AA tourney, had the same incompetent bunch.

David Lipscomb:

Karen Doris was called for three fouls early in the first quarter and sat out the rest of the first half.. :D

Miriam McAlister looked like a coach on the floor. :)

Good luck and good health in the Championship to both Hume-Fogg and David Lipscomb. :unsure:

Edited by jimbo44

Jimbo, I'm gonna try to get that roster on there at work tomorrow. I looked at it just for a few minutes today and I'm still not sure how to get that on there but maybe I can figure it out  thumb

825598469[/snapback]

Put in: Number, name, class('04-'05 season),position(use your memory), and height(if available). :unsure:

Edited by jimbo44

Well Well Well! I Dont Know where to start! THis is going to take a few minutes!

First of all, to all you people that run your mouth about us whining, you can hush it now! You know the refs, cost us that game! Its too late to cry over it now, but that (Whitey) ref, cost us the game, and for our girls, and one especially, a championship! Coach Brown did not deserve a technical ! Coach Brown isnt the type of Coach to get a technical! He doesnt go off like most coaches, and last night the opposing coach was alot more "erupt" than Coach Brown! How many times was Coach Brown ejected this season? I bet I could count on one finger! The ref was just looking for a reason to give him a T, and when he made eye contact with him, there it was! The same way with us in the student section! You dont turn around and stare down an entire cheering section, because your just asking for trouble! He knew that, and thats y he did it, so he could get rid of us, because he cant handle the TRUTH! D.L., nothing against you guys, but we had the better game, and you know you got away with two games! So enjoy it, because you probably wont even make it out of sub-state! The sad thing about it all, is that you may, or may not, pending on the sub- and state tourney, could have cost us a C'Ship, in our last year as AA! We wont have anymore Battles in AA Districts and Regionals, and to take our game away from us, is HORRIBLE! To the ref that called all those terrible calls, how do you feel! Well, you probably could care less, your probably at home on the couch, eating some doughnuts or something, thinking, " hey I made my money, thats all that matters, it was just a game!" Well, to some of us, it wasnt just a game! From some of us die hard Blue Devil fans, you shattered our dreams, of going back to the state, and for our girls, you just crushed them! For one inparticular, Danielle Kelley! I wanted her to get a Championship more than anything, because she deserved it!! She played very hard, and was great throught the season as the lone senior! And you, (Whitey), had to go and screw it up, how do you feel? Well, there is nothing I can do now, but I hope that ref gets what he deserves! :D

Congratulations on a great season LAdy BLue! It didnt end how we wanted, but there isnt anything we can do! You all did a FANTASTIC job! Same to you Coach Brown! Your definately the best coach ever! WE are proud of all of you! We're sorry to see our 7AA run end at Regions, but we all know why! Best of Luck to you all next year, and best of luck to Danielle in whatever you choose to do in life! We love you all, and we hope you dominate in 7-A next year! :unsure:

Well here we go, let the excuse parade start.  You are all right the refs have been horrible, but both teams play with the same referees and they favor nobody!  OK Jackson County fans go ahead and say it we got beat!!!  That's all you have to say.  I am wondering if anyone in York has thought about what kind of team you would have had if the Ross twins had played there again this year.  I believe they would be the state champs hands down.  Once again practice a little humility and just say we got beat!  I have been to numerous state tournaments over the past few years and have enjoyed rooting on 7AA to the state championship.  If DL or HF do make the state tournament, I hope you 7AA fans get behind them like we have you all the past 100,000 years it seems like and root them on!

825598434[/snapback]

QUESTION:

Were you at this game? Did you see what happened? Or what didn't happen? Or are you just mouthing off? If you saw the T do you really think it was deserved? and Do you think that the entire student section truly deserved to be ejected? AND what gives you the idea that 7AA won't be well represented at the state tournaments to lend support for whoever plays?

Man oletimer, it's people like you that make everyone else not like successful programs!  GET A CLUE!!!  I bet Jim Brown never mentioned the referees to his team after the game, because he knows that no matter how bad the officiating is that both teams had to deal with it.  I respect Jim Brown and Jackson County, prolly one of the top 5 basketball programs in the nation over the past 7-10 years, but it's idiot fans like you that make other people root against your team.  I have always supported 7AA once they have knocked 8AA out of the Region tournament, and i wish you all would do the same!  Oh yea, a person from Jackson County calling someone else dumb now thas funy i doncare hoo u r!  I had to write that is Jackson County language you IDIOT!!!  Take it like a man, you got beat!

825598453[/snapback]

NICE STATEMENT FROM SUCH A CULTURED/EDUCATED PERSON, THE USE OF THE WORD IDIOT IS HILARIOUS (LOL).

Let's talk about the "Good sportsmanship" shown at the end of the game when the DL girl is "laying" on the floor holding the ball with one second to go and the JC girl does her best "WWF" move by jumping on her and landing an elbow to the side of her head. The game was over and there was no need to do anything. I know JC is not used to losing, but it is a part of life and how you handle defeat as well as success tells alot about a person. If you watched the DL girls carefully, they may foul the JC player but immediately pick them up, pat them and move on. I did not see any of that from the JC girls and maybe they feel they are better than their opponents. There is an old say "Win with class, lose with class".

Where do they get these refs? All week long they have been horrible for both teams. Last night in the first half they called 10 fouls on DL to JC's 3 and then in the second half they called 10 fouls on JC to DL's 3. Dorris had 3 fouls in 3 minutes in the first quarter for DL. JC should be thankful that they got to play DL without their best player for a half. Dorris has lead the team in scoring for four years. McAlister is a player, but even better when Dorris is with her and visa versa.

As far as all the complaining about DL's coach not getting a technical and JC's coach getting one. Please! There is a way to work the refs and then there is crossing the line. DL's coach knows where the line is. It is obvious JC's coach is a yeller. Good night. I heard a JC parent sitting by us stand up and yell at the coach to not yell at his daughter that way. He also said that he does not yell at the girls he recruits into the county and yells at the girls that were raised there. Recruit? What's that about, you are a public school and people say we recruit. Ha. Every girl on that team has been at DL for at least since the fourth grade. Now let me tell you if you can pick out talent in the fourth grade, you should be coaching at a higher level than DL.

I am tired of the whinning! 7AA was not as strong this year, admit and move on. Well, got to go watch two 8AA teams play in the finals. I doubt anybody will be there but the teams playing.

D.L., nothing against you guys, but we had the better game, and you know you got away with two games!  So enjoy it, because you probably wont even make it out of sub-state!  The sad thing about it all, is that you may, or may not, pending on the sub- and state tourney, could have cost us a C'Ship, in our last year as AA!  We wont have anymore Battles in AA Districts and Regionals, and to take our game away from us, is HORRIBLE!    :D

825598605[/snapback]

NEWSFLASH FROM THE TENNESSEAN

David Lipscomb gives the win back to Jackson County!

Coach Smith after being told by ejected fan "D" that they probably will not make it out of sub-state decided to give the win to JC! Smith said, "Why should I waste my Saturday night if we probably can not win sub-state." Once Coach Smith also heard that he (or the refs, hard to decipher D's post) may or may not, pending on the sub-stat and state tourny, could have caused JC a state championship, decided it wasn't fair to JC to take the win. Afterall Smith said, "JC could have won a championship, pending one the sub-state and state tournament, and that is not fair to them."

Smith concluded the tough news conference very emotional and said, "I am just glad they are going to single A, because I hate giving wins back, even if it is the right thing to do." Once Smith found out that DL should have lost the York game also, he decided, "what the heck, they can have the win too".

NO WORD YET IF HUME-FOGG IS GIVING THE UPPERMAN VICTORY BACK.

Edited by Mr. B

Wow, I have heard about sore losers and I have heard of blaming referees for losing games, but this is easily the best example of either I have seen. Ragland, to go off trying to give DL a guilt trip for winning the game is beyond ridiculous. You can blame a ref all day long for all I care, but don't try to make high school girls think they do not deserve to be in a sub-state game. I had not heard anything about the outcome of this game until today and, as I read the entire thread, at first I thought it was hilarious that your entire student section got thrown out. After reading the explanation, I still think its funny, but also undeserving. Yeah, I know it hurts to see your team, and your friends have their season end, and I'm not telling you to "let it go." However, I will be glad to ask you to stop telling DL that they "got lucky," "got it handed to them," and "don't deserve to be there." Have a fantasatic day, and Hakuna Matata. Kudos for the level of sarcasm, Mr. B, I was thouroughly impressed.

Edited by BombSquad

I am pretty sure that the bad remarks are not meant for David Libscomb or their girls. Good Luck to you and hope you win it all. The way I understand it, the one ref in particular is horrible. If he did the things he is accused of he should be strung up by his whistle. Schools need to get together and fight tssaa into having a system for punishing these officials for obvious infractions in character and judgement. Suspend and fine them. I have seen one game this year that was obviously called for a team. As bad a game of any I have seen. This sounds like this official was there to create a hostile atmosphere and calm it. York and Jackson both sound like they got the screws put on them. Some say it is whining, but that is only the ignorant and blind. True basketball watchers know the truth, and know that it is not fair to do these things to young girls who are giving their all. Like some said, he is probably laughing all the way to the bank and saying that it was just a game. That person should not be officiating.