Jackson County Vs David Lipscomb

Ragland_JC_1

Rootintootin you are right a student section should never be ejected from the game, and the T probably wasn't deserved. However, just like one of your own fans said on another post Dorris got slapped with her third foul early and had to sit for a long time. That is what i am trying to say. All you see is the technical, you don't see the thousand other fouls these refs called that also affected the game. Both teams could have found some call to blame the refs had they lost the game. I just thought Jackson County had too much pride to do something like blaming the game on the refs. 7AA watcher and Jimbo I am sure you are not happy about losing the game, but you seem to be handling it better than most of your fellow Devils. Tell them that eventhough you are Jackson County there will come a time when you will lose again. It won't be very soon, because you all will dominate single A, but when you do lose again tell them to accept it and stop acting like crybabies. I don't doubt 7AA won't be at the boro, i was just hoping to get a little fan support for the 8AA teams should they make it that far. As we all have seen through tourney time they don't get a whole lot of fan support.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok ragland, I've enjoyed reading your posts in the past and I've considered you to be a knowledgable fan. UNTIL I read that post. I'm not taking up for 8AA here because Lipscomb ranks up there as one of my least favorite teams of all time. I would even post this if you replied to the hated 13AA knocking you out of the state tournament. You act like this is the worst thing that has ever happened to you. You blame the refs for taking a state championship away from your girls and how Lipscomb stole it from you.....you blamed everyone but your own team. I guess they must have played the perfect game. If this is the worst thing that has ever happened to you or the senior that you mentioned, I would love to live your life. I wasn't present of the JC DL game though I wish I was but I had to cover another game for the paper that I work for. But I did get to see the DL York game and if Lipscomb wouldn't have played so sloppy down the stretch then that wouldn't have even been close. If Lipscomb would have lost on a last second free throw then I would have blamed DL's poor second half performance, not the call. There is enough that the players can control that will decide the outcome of a game. If a call is the only thing that goes wrong for you in a game then you will win every time. I know that you do not represent all of 7AA because most all of them are knowledgable fans that take girls basketball very seriously, but they would never post something that ridiculous.

Let's talk about the "Good sportsmanship" shown at the end of the game when the DL girl is "laying" on the floor holding the ball with one second to go and the JC girl does her best "WWF" move by jumping on her and landing an elbow to the side of her head. The game was over and there was no need to do anything. I know JC is not used to losing, but it is a part of life and how you handle defeat as well as success tells alot about a person. If you watched the DL girls carefully, they may foul the JC player but immediately pick them up, pat them and move on. I did not see any of that from the JC girls and maybe they feel they are better than their opponents. There is an old say "Win with class, lose with class".

Where do they get these refs? All week long they have been horrible for both teams. Last night in the first half they called 10 fouls on DL to JC's 3 and then in the second half they called 10 fouls on JC to DL's 3. Dorris had 3 fouls in 3 minutes in the first quarter for DL. JC should be thankful that they got to play DL without their best player for a half. Dorris has lead the team in scoring for four years. McAlister is a player, but even better when Dorris is with her and visa versa.

As far as all the complaining about DL's coach not getting a technical and JC's coach getting one. Please! There is a way to work the refs and then there is crossing the line. DL's coach knows where the line is. It is obvious JC's coach is a yeller. Good night. I heard a JC parent sitting by us stand up and yell at the coach to not yell at his daughter that way. He also said that he does not yell at the girls he recruits into the county and yells at the girls that were raised there. Recruit? What's that about, you are a public school and people say we recruit. Ha. Every girl on that team has been at DL for at least since the fourth grade. Now let me tell you if you can pick out talent in the fourth grade, you should be coaching at a higher level than DL.

I am tired of the whinning! 7AA was not as strong this year, admit and move on. Well, got to go watch two 8AA teams play in the finals. I doubt anybody will be there but the teams playing.

825599028[/snapback]

Dear Mustang Maniac,

I'm sorry but I just have to respond to your comments. Jackson County lost last night to David Lipscomb. I for one was glad to see that they played as well as they did against an obviously stronger team.. I do need to clarify that the technical was evidently for (EYE CONTACT) not (YELLING) and honestly, truthfully, the recruitment statements are just plain silly, this county has a very strong program and sometimes parents decide to move their girls here to play. They have not printed their reasons for such decisions in the newspapers so I really can't give specifics but if they are printed in the future I'll let you know. The 4th grade statement is the most interestering. In Jackson County, Coach Brown in fact, holds try-outs in the 4th grade and from that point choses a team and begins working with these girls. Yes probably your right this is a very special talent of his. Thanks for the compliment. Congratulations to the Mustangs and good luck.

Edited by rootintootin4

Where do they get these refs?  All week long they have been horrible for both teams.  Last night in the first half they called 10 fouls on DL to JC's 3 and then in the second half they called 10 fouls on JC to DL's 3.  Dorris had 3 fouls in 3 minutes in the first quarter for DL.  JC should be thankful that they got to play DL without their best player for a half.  Dorris has lead the team in scoring for four years.  McAlister is a player, but even better when Dorris is with her and visa versa. 

As far as all the complaining about DL's coach not getting a technical and JC's coach getting one.  Please!  There is a way to work the refs and then there is crossing the line.  DL's coach knows where the line is.  It is obvious JC's coach is a yeller.  Good night.  I heard a JC parent sitting by us stand up and yell at the coach to not yell at his daughter that way.  He also said that he does not yell at the girls he recruits into the county and yells at the girls that were raised there.  Recruit?  What's that about, you are a public school and people say we recruit.  Ha.  Every girl on that team has been at DL for at least since the fourth grade.  Now let me tell you if you can pick out talent in the fourth grade, you should be coaching at a higher level than DL. 

825599028[/snapback]

I don't think you know what you are talking about, Jim Brown spares no one when yelling. Either you don't know what you are talking about, or the parent doesn't. I put my post in as you guys were posting, but it seems to me you guys are as poor a winner as JC is supposedly a poor loser. You have to be ignorant not to see why there is such a bad taste, DL may have won anyway, but the playing field was not even and the advantage that DL gained was enough to take the win. This is not blaming your coach for not getting T'ed up, or your girls for the officiating. There were obvious misjudgements by the official and if you were on the flip side you would feel the same way. Some fans are more emotional when expressing how they feel. So stay off of the girls, I do not believe that anyone from Jackson has attacked your girls or sportsmanship. You have definitely crossed that line and you need to cross back. Once again, Good Luck to your girls, hope that they win it all, that just makes 7AA look better.

Edited by options86

Newsflash from The Tennessean

Because JC fans having poor sportsmanship, like taking back their good luck, Lipscomb's Coach Smith has called another press conference and is taking back the win that he previously gave away.  Smith, "If they can take back a good luck thing, I can take back the win." 

Coach Hubbard of Hume-Fogg is becoming frustrated because she does not know who to prepare for.

Developing...

825599307[/snapback]

Dang it, I acted too fast again!! Have to learn to post faster. :blink:

OK now I am tired of reading all this crap about JC being unsportsmanlike and blaming everything on the refs, coach not getting "T"ed up, etc... You as well as everyone else knows that if it was the refs on our side not DL's, that you all would be posting the same thing!!! I have to give it to DL, they played a great game all around! Every player on their team played very hard and sportsmanlike! BUT so did JC!!! JC girls played a hard game! In my opinion, they played better than DL and deserved it all the way, but evidentally the ref got tired of us makin it to state sooo MANY times and had to give DL a chance!!! And also i do believe it is necessary to blame the refs for our loss considering all of the fouls that were called on both teams in the first quater were self explanatory!!! The last half of the game there were some TOTALLY rediculous calls made!!! The DL players made some OBVIOUS fouls, MANY MANY MANY of them, against JC, and the refs didnt even hesitate to give us a call. The JC girls have come a LONG way since the beginning of the season. At the very beginning of the season, JC was having lots of struggles team wise. But about mid-season, the Ross twins became more adapted to Coach Brown's way of playing his girls and JC became very strong!!! JC deserves more than they got!!! But hey stuff happens and there is nothing that can be done about it!!! Good game DL! Good luck to you DL and Hume-Fogg!!!

I will wish you all good luck but you will not see me at the games cheering you guys on!!! I have thought about it but after reading all the posts made, my mind has changed!

Great season Kelley!!! You as well as the rest of the team, had a great season! Yes, last nite wasnt pleasant but we gotta deal with it!!! When I seen the girls coming out of the gym, crying(Especially #24), tears came to my eyes too. It was a MAJOR heartbreak for many people, but hey girls you all have next year!!! Good luck next year girls! I wont miss one game! I'll be there supporting you all every game as I did this year!!!

Coach Brown, keep it up! You are a great coach!!! At the beginning of the season most heads were turned away from JC but you coached the girls in a way to show everyone that they was WRONG and needed to turn back around and follow!!! AWESOME season!!! You getting "T"ed up last nite was really uncalled for!! But great game and MAGNIFICENT season!!! We all love ya!!!

And as for the cheering section getting ejected, that was just totally REDICULOUS!!! It isn't our fault that 7AA crowds support their teams more than 8AA teams do! The ref just could not handle JC crowd telling them (the refs) that they played a good game. Oh well though, its done and over with!!!

Good luck next year Coach Brown and girls! Love you all and God bless!!!

I just want to respond to some of the accusations that Jackson County recruits. In no way does Coach Brown go out and recruit players. I think parents and students look and realize that if you play for a winning program and you have the connections that Coach has made through the years then there is a greater chance of a player receiving a basketball scholarship. I can remember when J county was not that good so why didn't this so called recruitment start then. Jackson County's best player in many years Andrea Davidson was born and raised in Jackson County, Marissa Hensley born and raised in J county a freshman starter at TTU, Alyssa Bowman and Deanna Apple just to name a few all from J county. They say success breeds enemies and that is what is happening in Jackson County. I wonder if some people think that just because a player tranferred from another school do people not trust coach browns judgement to decide if their skill level is adequate to play over someone who happens to originally be from j county. To win as a coach you must play your best talent to give you the best opportunity to win not get caught up in politics of where people are from. I give Coach Brown credit for being able to play the best talent and not get caught up in these politics.

Edited by jcballfan

I will wish you all good luck but you will not see me at the games cheering you guys on!!! I have thought about it but after reading all the posts made, my mind has changed!

825599477[/snapback]

...[imagine young child screaming the following at the top of his lungs, making each word into at least 2 syllables] Oh No!!!

And as for the cheering section getting ejected, that was just totally REDICULOUS!!!  It isn't our fault that 7AA crowds support their teams more than 8AA teams do! The ref just could not handle JC crowd telling them (the refs) that they played a good game.  Oh well though, its done and over with!!!

825599477[/snapback]

RIDICULOUS*

Can someone elaborate on the "eye contact" T that Coach Brown received?  I was not at the game and do not understand what happened.  Thanks.

825599518[/snapback]

He was telling the player that got the foul called on her to fall and take the charge next time, guess the ref was in the same path. The ref said Coach Brown was looking at him when he said this. He wasnt even yelling. The ref looked away for a minute, then turned back around and then gave him the T for no reason.

On top of the two free throws from the foul, DL got 2 technical free throws and got the ball back and got fouled again. 6 Free throws one possesion, went from JC up 2 to DL up 4 on one possesion.

Edited by bob77