8AAA Predictions For 2005

goingdeep

District 8AAA should really be a competitive district this year. I think Lincoln County may have the edge with returning experience. Columbia is tough & Tullahoma won the tournament. Coffee won the regular season. Which one of these programs will be there when it is all said & done! Support your team & players-Goingdeep

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your talking about returning experience, Coffee only lost 3 starters from last year and the girls filling in for them have started games before. Most of the best talent from last years team is back anyway.  They have dominated most scrimages so far and look real good at this early point.

825598749[/snapback]

Didnt coffee lose two college signees?

Just Love the excitement that comes from 8-AAA and all the hostility. Here we go

Lincoln does bring back 7 starters. Defense and pitching is not the problem. Can they hit time will only tell they lost 9 games last year by the score of 1-0.

Columbia brings back everybody and a stable full of pitching four of them if I am correct. Columbia will be a team to watch out for.

Tullahoma pitching is back with duke great speed and also the addition of Kimbro from Coffee then Riverdale who knows. Also barnes is back from somewhere

Coffee County Meeks and Duncan can handle the pitching and like someone said they only lost 3 starters so they should be fine also price is back after surgery so they shouldbe right in the thick of things

Lawrenceburg another new coach lost alot of seniors. Heard they have a pretty good young pitcher. Don,t know much else

Shelbyville lost pitcher of last year to Cascade Got some young pitching and some girls that are returning with valuable experience from last year any studs from basketball going to help her this year

Franklin County pitching got better as the year went own last year. they just have to find a way to get over the hump Franklin Co could be a sleeper this year do not count them out of the hunt

Where is McGee and Sportalcholic

Didnt coffee lose two college signees?

825598921[/snapback]

yeah, but the year before they lost 5 signees and were able to be successful. The girls they lost last year were good, but the top 5 of the lineup are all back except for Shayna Fleenor. They are very good, and have 4 or 5 players now who will be playing college ball in the future. Coffee is to the point of just being able to reload every year, because they will always have players go on to college each year. This team is very good though, and the expectations are much higher than last year.

District 8 looks to be a top district due to all the "returning talent" eh?

Barnes back for Tullahoma huh....

I think it will be log jam at the top between Lincoln County, Coffee County, and Tullahoma. I have a gut feeling it may be the year for Tullahoma, but who knows.

I guess I'll put them something like this:

1. Tullahoma- Did lose Darlington, but got back Barnes. Everyone else should be improved.

2. Coffee County- Great program with some very good players, but I'm not sold on their pitching after their #1.

3. Lincoln County- I thought last year they would establish themselves as the best team for the next few years and that didn't happen. Will be improved and probably SHOULD win the district.

4. Columbia- I know nothing except they have Everyone back.

5. Shelbyville- Their very good coaching staff will find a way for them to be competitive.

6. Franklin Co.- Until the prove otherwise I have to leave them near the bottom.

7. Lawrence Co.- I wish them the best.

Edited by mynameis

If you are interested in seeing almost all of the 8AAA teams play, you should attend Columbia's Playdays on Friday & Saturday. Tullahoma & Franklin County are the only district teams that are not listed to play. There will also be many teams from other districts competing.

ok here goes my prediction which never proves to be right but ill take a run at it. 1.Columbia 2.coffee county 3.tullahoma 4.lincoln county 5shelbyville 6franklin county 7lawrenceburg,but if lincoln county can find some bats and put some runs on the board this year i believe they will win the district but not going out on limb to pick them untill i see some bats come through. in my opinion they have the number 1 pitcher and the best overall defense returning and also they only lost 1 starter last year not 2.But one thing is for sure in district 8 softball,IT WILL NOT BE BORING!

Barnes back for Tullahoma huh....

I think it will be log jam at the top between Lincoln County, Coffee County, and Tullahoma.  I have a gut feeling it may be the year for Tullahoma, but who knows.

I guess I'll put them something like this:

1. Tullahoma- Did lose Darlington, but got back Barnes.  Everyone else should be improved.

2. Coffee County- Great program with some very good players, but I'm not sold on their pitching after their #1.

3. Lincoln County- I thought last year they would establish themselves as the best team for the next few years and that didn't happen.  Will be improved and probably SHOULD win the district.

4. Columbia- I know nothing except they have Everyone back.

5. Shelbyville- Their very good coaching staff will find a way for them to be competitive.

6. Franklin Co.- Until the prove otherwise I have to leave them near the bottom.

7. Lawrence Co.- I wish them the best.

825599048[/snapback]

825599689[/snapback]

Mynameis, I am going to have to agree with you. I just have a gut feeling that it will be the year for Tullahoma. They will have a stable of pitchers with Duke, Barnes & Carr. Young, Kimbro & the catcher Duke are all good athletes that grew up playing travel ball for Coffee County during the summer. I project that Tullahoma will be the best hitting club in the district from top to bottom in their lineup. I hear that Lincoln County has the best picher in the district so who really knows-I have seen great pitching silence good hitters! Thats why they play the game! Good luck to all the district teams

ok here goes my prediction which never proves to be right but ill take a run at it.    1.Columbia 2.coffee county 3.tullahoma 4.lincoln county 5shelbyville 6franklin county 7lawrenceburg,but if lincoln county can find some bats and put some runs on the board this year i believe they will win the district but not going out on limb to pick them untill i see some bats come through. in my opinion they have the number 1 pitcher and the best overall defense returning and also they only lost 1 starter last year not 2.But one thing is for sure in district 8 softball,IT WILL NOT BE BORING!

825599534[/snapback]

LINCOLN COUNTY all they way, we got the best pitching, defense (especially 3rd base...go whitney, and congratulations on signing), all ya need is to bring out the bats and its in the bag. Lincoln "only lost *ONE* starter last year, not two" (isn't that right Ricky??...hmm, i believe thats correct, not that it mattered either way though, right?) So ya should definitely have the strongest team in 8aaa. Don't dissappoint me ladies! I love you guys.