National Anthem

peabodymom

I sure would like to see EVERYONE acknowledge the playing of the National Anthem.  MOST people do, but I see several young people and some adults talking on their cell phones, sitting, chewing their gum and blowing/popping bubbles, etc. 

What do these people think this song is?

825598660[/snapback]

Everyone should stand and keep quiet during the national anthem. It only takes a minute for it to play, I know I sing it at LC games. Even if you don't want to you should respect the people who do. Stand up for your country.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One crowded day at the state tournament in Murphreesboro I overheard a small kid complaining to his dad that we had to stand at the entrance while the National Anthem was played. His answer and I thought a great one was "A lot of people have died so we can stand and honor this song". I think that preety well explains it.

My Personal opinion is if you can't stand with respect during the playing of the National Anthem you are not a true American and need to get the heck out of the country.

825599029[/snapback]

I agree with almost everything said on here, one thing I do not agree with is telling people to get out of the country especially if they are natural born citizens.

Should everyone have respect for the flag and what it stands for...yes

Can we make them ...no

I dont think we have the right to tell people to leave, if that is the case then every liar, theif, rapist, child molester, and drug dealer and murderer should get out of the country also

The National Anthem is something everyone should stop what they are doing and listen to the words and what they are suppost to mean. As a former player, the national anthem gave me chills all over and relaxed me before a GAME, becasue before the games started i would think of all those soldiers that are out there risking their lives for us. and i would realize that it is just a game i am playing and should enjoy it becasue some people dont have that brivilage. so everyone leave the cell phone's in your pocket, take off the hats, and put your hand over your heart, and stand tall to show that we love this nation and everything it stands for.

This is no comment towards anyone who has said either way. I am just stating how i think it should be. thumb

History Lesson::

Revolutionary War -- About freedom and establishing our own country.. That's the freedom we received. Those guys like George Washington who among others made the huge sacrifice for the freedoms we have today. The troops of our generation are putting it on the line for the folks of those countries, so they can have freedom or "OIL" whichever comes first :blink:

As for the playing of the national anthem, everybody oughta stand, know their role and shut their mouth while showing respect for the stars and stripes.

I like the fact that the guy over at Gleason one evening first started out by singing God Bless America and then performed the National Anthem. A nice touch of class and did an outstanding job as well.. thumb

...I know when they play it at the games and im there for it...which isnt often, never on time :blink: ...but all jokes aside...I know I take the time to pray and thank the Man Above for giving us everything we have in this great land...and thank the men who took the time to fight for it and gave up their lifes for this great land so I can attend a basketball game when I please...we are very fortunate to have people in thie History Books like we have...that died for the wellbeing of this land, even though they might have been outnumbered and outpowered...they took up for what they believed and then like said above, some people take it just as a song...not as the song of our freedom...

Amen Sister!

As a U.S. Army veteran, it makes me want to slap some sense into a few folks!

Then I try to remember that our troups fight and die to secure their freedoms too.

Unfortunatly, that includes the freedom to disrespect everything that most of us stand for, and the freedom to act like morons in public places.

I console myself with the hope that they will learn to appreciate the sacrifices that have been made that allow them to gather in public places without fear from the government, or from attacks by an enemy.

Keep your respect, and pray that the others wise up soon!

825598760[/snapback]

I guess thats true.

Whether you want to or not, you should still stand and honor those who gave you the option to do what you please.

Edited by GETACLUE