Sub-state Matchup

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, great game to both teams. They both wanted it and they both played tremendous. Ezell was alot better than I thought and played excellent. Congrats to both teams. But I was wondering...there during the 4th quarter was Ezell just looking for an open shot or were they running the clock down? Becasue if that's the case, it just prooves why a shot-clock is needed in highschool basketball. But nontheless, great game both teams!

Great season Tigers! MP is very proud of you guys!! As for Dee, Kee, and Jamarcus, you guys have been a joy to watch through the years and have played the game the way it should be played! Keep your heads up!!

As for the game, I thought Mp could have took advantage of Ezell's turnovers a lot more in the first half. Mp should have been up by at least 10! In the second half, MP did not play there kinda ball, And in half court sets we did not get it into Jamarcus as much as i thought we should! Yes he did get some shots blocked but he held his own pretty dang good!! Ezell was good but not as good as i expected, a very well coached team and good coach!! I thought MP was the more talented team but just didn't make the shots that we needed!! Good luck to Ezell!! I think yall have a pretty good shot! For MP, great season and lets get back here again and take another step further!!

First off, great game to both teams. They both wanted it and they both played tremendous. Ezell was alot better than I thought and played excellent. Congrats to both teams. But I was wondering...there during the 4th quarter was Ezell just looking for an open shot or were they running the clock down? Becasue if that's the case, it just prooves why a shot-clock is needed in highschool basketball. But nontheless, great game both teams!

825608482[/snapback]

Shot clock will not happen in high school ball any time soon. Too much extra money most schools do not have to spend. I would rather see better officiating.

Good Luck to EH and good year MP.

Congratulations, Ezell for making the state. Also, we hope you represent District 9 well.

Congratulations, MP, on a good season. After seeing WC play tonight, it is impressive that you beat them in Region, but of course, CPA beat Ezell and couldn't handle WC. Go figure!

As I have said before, when it gets down to the final 16, any team can beat another if they have a good night and the other team lets up a bit.

I just don't understand? Not blaming anybody all I have got to say is to jay dee and kee keep your heads up be proud of what you have done and keep that tiger pride forever. And to larry and don don be proud of yourselves because MT.PLEASANT is proud of all of it's athletes. EZEL goodluck in the state. PS. To the radio guys great job herd yall might do some baseball games hope so the football games and basketball games where a blast to listen to sure baseball will be great too. :ph34r:

Well, I called Ezel winning this one but I was pulling for MP. I just want to say after being around both of these teams this year the MP team has alot of class. The MP guys just go out and play. I have not seen any negative emotion from any of those guys. Now Ezel as good as they are always seem to show themselves in one way or another. Last night for example the kid that gets his 5th foul on a technical. That was the 2nd or 3rd time he has argued a call. The Ezel kids are always complaining about something or just being arrogant. Now this is not the same Ezel team that was in the Boro in the 01-02 seasons Piercy does a better job than Burnette ever thought about doing but the kids still show attitude. I think Piercy does a great job with the coaching and intangibles. Good luck to the eagles in the boro. MP congrats on a great season!!!!!

Well, I called Ezel winning this one but I was pulling for MP.  I just want to say after being around both of these teams this year the MP team has alot of class.  The MP guys just go out and play.  I have not seen any negative emotion from any of those guys.  Now Ezel as good as they are always seem to show themselves in one way or another.  Last night for example the kid that gets his 5th foul on a technical.  That was the 2nd or 3rd time he has argued a call.  The Ezel kids are always complaining about something or just being arrogant.  Now this is not the same Ezel team that was in the Boro in the 01-02 seasons Piercy does a better job than Burnette ever thought about doing but the kids still show attitude.  I think Piercy does a great job with the coaching and intangibles.  Good luck to the eagles in the boro.  MP congrats on a great season!!!!!

825609249[/snapback]

<_< GO EAGLES!

Great season Tigers! MP is very proud of you guys!! As for Dee, Kee, and Jamarcus, you guys have been a joy to watch through the years and have played the game the way it should be played! Keep your heads up!!

As for the game, I thought Mp could have took advantage of Ezell's turnovers a lot more in the first half. Mp should have been up by at least 10! In the second half, MP did not play there kinda ball, And in half court sets we did not get it into Jamarcus as much as i thought we should! Yes he did get some shots blocked but he held his own pretty dang good!! Ezell was good but not as good as i expected, a very well coached team and good coach!! I thought MP was the more talented team but just didn't make the shots that we needed!! Good luck to Ezell!! I think yall have a pretty good shot! For MP, great season and lets get back here again and take another step further!!

825608543[/snapback]

mp is definitely not the more talented team....more athletic, but not more talented...

on another note... ezell student section sure did a good job supporting... they were very loud...definitely louder than mp's fans...only thing bad about them was the humming in the national anthem, what was that all about?