COALFIELD VS UNAKA

jackets4ever

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And for what it's worth, with the addition of the new benches on both ends and behind the bleachers, Unaka seats 1050 people.

825601998[/snapback]

No Way!!! Been there too many times even after the additions. It would be tough to get 1050 kindergarden kids in there. :unsure:

Let a legitimate fire marshall catch you trying to cram 1050 people in there

825604402[/snapback]

Yeah, I've heard that's a small gym as well. Is that bases on the 18" seating area requirement?

And for what it's worth, with the addition of the new benches on both ends and behind the bleachers, Unaka seats 1050 people.

825601998[/snapback]

No Way!!! Been there too many times even after the additions. It would be tough to get 1050 kindergarden kids in there. :unsure:

825604402[/snapback]

Yeah, I've heard that's a small gym as well. Is that bases on the 18" seating area requirement?

825601998[/snapback]

825604402[/snapback]

They are not the defending State Champions.  They got put out in the first round of the state tournament a year ago.  Anyways, congrats to Coalfield.  I have never seen yall play this year, so I look forward to watching you in the 'Boro.  However, you now have Peabody in the first round, who just so happens to be the best team still left in this thing (last year state Runner-ups, 2 years ago State Champions, 3 years ago state Runner-ups), so the best of luck to you.  As to Unaka, I honestly thought yall would be there again this year.  I looked forward to seeing you all again in the 'Boro since I never get to make it out East to watch many of the games.  However, it just wasn't your night.  Keep your heads up, because what you seniors have done for that program at Unaka has been amazing and that's something to be proud about (I'm sure Krich would agree).

825604439[/snapback]

I think it's hard to say Peabody is the best team still in the tourney, especially when you have the DEFENDING STATE CHAMPS

I think it's hard to say Peabody is the best team still in the tourney, especially when you have the DEFENDING STATE CHAMPS

825604621[/snapback]

Snow was the difference last year and without her I'm not sure they have the interior game to handle Peabody. I could be wrong, but I've seen both teams this year and I think Peabody is the way better of the two. I expect a Peabody and Clarkrange final if Clarkrange can get by Summertown in the 1st round.

I think the big floor really hurt Unaka. The Lady Rangers aren't as athletic as Coalfield and playing on a floor that size really helps the more athletic team.

Anyway, Congrats to Coalfield although now my Lady Eagles aren't the only team from Morgan County that's been in the state tournament.

Also congrats to Unaka on a great season. It's not the finish you wanted, but definitely still great.