Elizabethton wins, Unaka loses

daizee

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the Lady Rangers, no they don't have anything to hang their heads over. They are a great bunch of kids and outstanding players. Hats off to them!!! Today their record should be 33-1. I have to say that their last two games were the worst coached games I have ever seen. Their shooters were taken out of the game (not allowed to perform to their ability) by their "coach". If anybody remembers this was done two years ago in the Regionals. If he'd stayed at home, they'd be leaving for State on Tuesday.

Rikki is a great high school basketball player but to say she could play at UT is a little far off. Compare Rikki to a recruit of UTs that most of us are familiar with, Cait McMahan, I just dont see Rikki being on that level. Dont get me wrong, wherever she goes any plays will get a quality basketball player, but I dont see her in the SEC espically at the #5 nationally ranked Lady Vols. Does anyone know any other schools that are interested in her?

Coachtcyclone do not get on here spread crap. Pat Summitt does not want anyone from EHS. Rikki will be a good player at Milligan or somewhere at that level. Watch Division 1 women's basketball before you get on here saying stupid stuff. What does Chester County have? I know nothing about them. GLee I will be waiting on you about August and we can argue about the Indians coming to town on August 19th. You know what my prediction will be :) . EHS girls hopefully will win one game but they will be hard pressed to win 3 games in a row.

Edited by rvd

As for the Lady Rangers, no they don't have anything to hang their heads over.  They are a great bunch of kids and outstanding players.  Hats off to them!!!  Today their record should be 33-1.  I have to say that their last two games were the worst coached games I have ever seen.  Their shooters were taken out of the game (not allowed to perform to their ability) by their "coach".  If anybody remembers this was done two years ago in the Regionals.  If he'd stayed at home, they'd be leaving for State on Tuesday.

825605493[/snapback]

The first two lines I agree with. But you've got one of the best girls basketball coaches in East Tennessee. Did it ever occur to you they shot 0 for 14 from behind the three point arc in the loss to Coalfield. The kids did their best and so did the coach. He gave his heart and soul to those kids from the time they were junior high players until now. It's easy to second guess the coach but coaching didn't beat Unaka the last two games. Cloudland won and so did Coalfield.

The biggest factors that hurt Unaka in the end was teams like Jellico, J.Frank White and University High. The level of competiton dropped off hurting Unaka in the end.

Give Coach Chambers, how many coaches won 31 games in a season. Unaka's record since last Christmas is something like 52-4 Not bad for a coach who doesn't get the credit he deserves. Best of luck to all the Ranger seniors. You are a great group of ladies.

Coachtcyclone do not get on here spread crap. Pat Summitt does not want anyone from EHS. Rikki will be a good player at Milligan or somewhere at that level. Watch Division 1 women's basketball before you get on here saying stupid stuff. What does Chester County have? I know nothing about them. GLee I will be waiting on you about August and we can argue about the Indians coming to town on August 19th. You know what my prediction will be :D . EHS girls hopefully will win one game but they will be hard pressed to win 3 games in a row.

825605700[/snapback]

rvd

don't lecture me,I just repeated what a BB man with 30 plus years experience told me at EHS last night.If it's bad info,he passed it on!

Do not believe everything you hear in High school sports? Just because you do good in your sport does not make you a star. Just look at how many athletes in upper east Tn has ever played division 1 college sports, not many. Remember that cyclonecoacht you can believe golfers, fishermen and poker players more than you can believe bias fans. Does anyone know anything about Chester County?

As for the Lady Rangers, no they don't have anything to hang their heads over.  They are a great bunch of kids and outstanding players.  Hats off to them!!!  Today their record should be 33-1.  I have to say that their last two games were the worst coached games I have ever seen.  Their shooters were taken out of the game (not allowed to perform to their ability) by their "coach".  If anybody remembers this was done two years ago in the Regionals.  If he'd stayed at home, they'd be leaving for State on Tuesday.

825605493[/snapback]

I'll have to agree , The last 2 games He just got out coached. plain and simple , questionable subs & times for the subs. But I think I said the same thing last year at times. It was a REAL Heartbreaker to see those ladies cry leaving the floor those last 2 games. KEEP your Heads up Ladies !!!! You've had a GREAT SEASON and GREAT High School Career !!!

How ever , Kenneth IS a great coach. He has had most of that group of Ladies since they were in the 6th grade, and They are probablly some of the most tallented players any coach could ask for. Next year will be the true test for him . 7 seniors this year , 5 of them starters , and the other 2 usually number 6 and 7 in rotation.? How far will the Lady Rangers go ? I think he still has some talent left to work with , Hopefully they will go just as far.!! :lol:

Go Lady Rangers !!

I understand your point of view. I have seen almost every game these girls have played since they were freshman. I don't understand why he used the subs that he used. One of them plays more than the starters. There was another senior on the bench that could have done just as good of a job, but was never given the opportunity. I am aware of the the stats from behind the 3 point arc. They made 3. I just can't figure out why he didn't let his two guards run the game like they have all season long. He wouldn't allow it when it mattered most.

The first two lines I agree with.  But you've got one of the best girls basketball coaches in East Tennessee.  Did it ever occur to you they shot 0 for 14 from behind the three point arc in the loss to Coalfield.  The kids did their best and so did the coach.  He gave his heart and soul to those kids from the time they were junior high players until  now.  It's easy to second guess the coach but coaching didn't beat Unaka the last two games.  Cloudland won and so did Coalfield

The biggest factors that hurt Unaka in the end was teams like Jellico, J.Frank White and University High.  The level of competiton dropped off hurting Unaka in the end.

Give Coach Chambers, how many coaches won 31 games in a season.  Unaka's record since last Christmas is something like 52-4  Not bad for a coach who doesn't get the credit he deserves.  Best of luck to all the Ranger seniors.  You are a great group of ladies.

825605979[/snapback]