Underestimating Dyersburg

bratygurll2001

lets see, dyersburg thumps greenville up at shelbyville this past summer, and that was without our district and region mvp player, and one other starter, and you think on paper that greenville is the winner?

please, explain yourself why on paper greenville is the winner? i have seen greenville, have you seen dyersburg? if so, tell us about the match-ups where greenville is better?

you might want to check harpeth halls schedule, and look at some of those results...

like harpeth beat greenville by 10, harpeth squeaks one past ridgeway, and dyersburg beats ridgeway by 30?

turn that paper your reading rightside up and you will see it says dburg baby!

825607110[/snapback]

Ill tell you one matchup ill take all day long. and that is Meagan lyons. u actually think u can shut her down??? just keep thinking that and oh yeah shes a complete player so manuel will be heavily involved too. and havent you been around basketball long enough to know that it doesnt matter who beats who by what thursday is all that matters and oh yeah we have expierence down there that you dont have.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Athough Greeneville has been playing better D as of late, i truely believe Powell plays the best defense of anybody in East Tennessee.

That being said, it will be the Greeneville offense that gets it done....If Manuel gets the job done in the paint. What makes nakeisha so dangerous is the fact that when she is playing good enough on the inside that other teams have to double team her, that opens up anderson on the outside. and we all know how deadly she is from 3 point.

Athough Greeneville has been playing better D as of late, i truely believe Powell plays the best defense of anybody in East Tennessee.

That being said, it will be the Greeneville offense that gets it done....If Manuel gets the job done in the paint.  What makes nakeisha so dangerous is the fact that when she is playing good enough on the inside that other teams have to double team her, that opens up anderson on the outside.  and we all know how deadly she is from 3 point.

825607774[/snapback]

Sounds like the voice of experience DZ. She heated up at just the right time against your girls in the district.

I have heard Dyersburg is a bit weak down low. If this is true Keisha and Meagan will light them up. if they manage to double team Keisha then Lauren can drain a couple of her patented 3's and open up that sweet little pull-up jumper that Meagan is so good at.

Wish you Jeff County fans could feel this excitement. I know you all are with us as we represent the IMAC.

Sounds like the voice of experience DZ. She heated up at just the right time against your girls in the district.

I have heard Dyersburg is a bit weak down low. If this is true Keisha and Meagan will light them up. if they manage to double team Keisha then Lauren can drain a couple of her patented 3's and open up that sweet little pull-up jumper that Meagan is so good at.

Wish you Jeff County fans could feel this excitement. I know you all are with us as we represent the IMAC.

Well barb, I guess it is about time you checked Dyersburg's roster. We have some great post players that are not going to be pushed around by any means. We have a 6'3 sophomore who means business in Kayla Holloway. We have Latroya Mitchell down low aswell and I haven't seen anyone all year push her around. Lacelia Newman is also great down low. She is an all around player that can post up one time and hit the three the next. We also have Natalie pick that may suprise you with her defensive play. I haven't seen Greenville play so I am not going to predict Dyersburg to win. But if they don't there is no way that they will lose by much. So Greenville is in for a fight. And with a little Trojan Trouble in the stands you better bring your A game or you may end up shooting below par.

yep, dburg is not very big, their tallest player is only about 5'10, and she is the third string.....

their post player is pretty dog gone good, not tall and a little heavy (5'7, 185lbs), but she runs the floor well....she actually was asked to play full-back...

their best shooting guard has a sprained paripizim...should be able to play this thursday, but will have to wear a strap.....

i think one of the coaches is suffering from dipsomania, as a result of the sub-state win, but should be 100% for state..

also, they have never been to the state tourney before and are really excited about seeing a gym with electric lights....man, can you believe playing in a gym with lights? now that is up town....

they also were going to start AAU, but everytime they called the number, it was some auto club, and had nothing to do with nothing

my understanding from the scouting report, is that the biggest question ...should dyersburg girls continue to shave their legs.....or let the hair grow so they won't look out of place when they play greenville?

Well barb, I guess it is about time you checked Dyersburg's roster.  We have some great post players that are not going to be pushed around by any means.  We have a 6'3 sophomore who means business in Kayla Holloway.  We have Latroya Mitchell down low aswell and I haven't seen anyone all year push her around.  Lacelia Newman is also great down low.  She is an all around player that can post up one time and hit the three the next.  We also have Natalie pick that may suprise you with her defensive play.  I haven't seen Greenville play so I am not going to predict Dyersburg to win.  But if they don't there is no way that they will lose by much.  So Greenville is in for a fight.  And with a little Trojan Trouble in the stands you better bring your A game or you may end up shooting below par.

825607862[/snapback]

I promise you that your girls have not seen a girl as talented as Manuel(if she plays hard she is without a doubt one of the best big girls in the state, excluding Clark from MJ.)

<_< I enjoy & appreciate everyone picking dyersburg's opponent rather than them..keep it up!! Thus far, they've managed to get a district champonship, a regional champonship and a substate win when the opponent was the "pick"...at this rate, they'll bring the gold ball to Dyersburg!!!!

Go Lady Trojans....others may not believe but I sure do!!!!!

As of now, these two teams are having great years with both 30+ wins, and both have played very stiff competition You can talk about who you have lost to all you want. I don't care how good you think some of you're players are because in the state tournament it's going to come down to who wants it more and who plays with the most heart I have seen some of the most underrated teams come up big in the state tournament although Dyersburg doesn't seem too much of an underdog I am just saying everyone can predict all they want, but it will all come down to who comes to play Thursday night at the boro', cause from what I have heard these two teams are pretty even.

On paper, Greeneville is a decided favorite against Dyersburg. However that is why you play these things. All things considered and barring no major injuries, Greeneville should win and based on their bracket, should also advance against the WE/Oakland winner and play for the crown on Saturday night. Everyone in the other half of the bracket has a chance including high scoring Cleveland.

I just wish safe travels to all teams and that Greeneville brings home the gold.

825607094[/snapback]

OK yeah d'burg has been the underdog all season what is different. We were the underdogs when we played northside for the district(whcih we won), for the regional(which we won) and what is different about this game.

MY LAST WORDS ARE GO D'BURG AND GREENVILLE WE WILL SEE YOU THURSDAY!!!

Edited by ilovesoftball19

Thump your chest allyou want over beating a bunch of freshman and sophomores at summer camp. Greeneville was without a couple of player at Shelbyville as well. You won't be playing them in the State tourney. You will be facing girls that played AAU for the National runner-up this past summer. You will be facing Greeneville's all time career leader in points and assists in Megan Lyons and she also holds the single game scoring record at 46. Nakeisha Manuel is an AAU all-american. All 5 starters made either all-district, all district tourney, or all regional tourneyteams. 3 different girls were MVP. Their freshmen and sophomores come from back to back large middleschool sectional champs that had only 1 loss over 2 years. They have height and speed. They are brutal underneath but can be deadly from outside. Point spread doesn't mean diddley my friend. A win is a win.  Teams that play really challenging schedules will lose a few games. Greeneville has won 30 games and lost 5. Those  games included Mt. Juliet, Powell, Oak Ridge, Heritage, Jefferson County, defending Louisiana state champs Cabrini,AA semifinalists Elizabethton and Austin-East, AA powerhouse South Greene and div II champs <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=215&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Harpeth Hall</a>. They lost to some pretty stiff competition because they played some.

Dyersburg would have had more respect if they played a tougher schedule. One that included more AAA power outside their region. Now they will have to earn it at state one game at a time.

825607227[/snapback]

Thump your chest allyou want over beating a bunch of freshman and sophomores at summer camp. Greeneville was without a couple of player at Shelbyville as well. You won't be playing them in the State tourney. You will be facing girls that played AAU for the National runner-up this past summer. You will be facing Greeneville's all time career leader in points and assists in Megan Lyons and she also holds the single game scoring record at 46. Nakeisha Manuel is an AAU all-american. All 5 starters made either all-district, all district tourney, or all regional tourneyteams. 3 different girls were MVP. Their freshmen and sophomores come from back to back large middleschool sectional champs that had only 1 loss over 2 years. They have height and speed. They are brutal underneath but can be deadly from outside. Point spread doesn't mean diddley my friend. A win is a win.  Teams that play really challenging schedules will lose a few games. Greeneville has won 30 games and lost 5. Those  games included Mt. Juliet, Powell, Oak Ridge, Heritage, Jefferson County, defending Louisiana state champs Cabrini,AA semifinalists Elizabethton and Austin-East, AA powerhouse South Greene and div II champs <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=215&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Harpeth Hall</a>. They lost to some pretty stiff competition because they played some.

Dyersburg would have had more respect if they played a tougher schedule. One that included more AAA power outside their region. Now they will have to earn it at state one game at a time.

825607227[/snapback]

GREENEVILLE LOST TO CABRINI, HARPETH HALL, MT JULET, JEFF CO AND ELIZABETHTON. NOT HERITAGE, POWELL, SOUTH GREENE AS REPROTED ABOVE