Underestimating Dyersburg

bratygurll2001

ok that is just one person!!!!

HELLO it takes a team to win not just one person and i bet one thing that Greeneville dont have is depth on the bench!!!

just like i said early we will see u in the boro

825610299[/snapback]

I find that to be hilarious!!

The thought that Greeneville doesn't have any depth. They only have the strongest 5 and support cast in Tennessee. When you stop Megan, then you gotta stop Nakeisha Manuel. When that happens, Lauren Anderson is gonna burn you with a three. After you deny those three, Rachel Collins pulls a jumper at the free-throw line. Then who's left to guard Sienna Forney's penetration. Dyersburg may be good and may have depth. But to say Greeneville has a lack of it, is absolutely ludacris. And how could I forget Whitney Carter who is an increadible spot shooter. .....Now to me, that sounds like a little more than one person! :P

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that to be hilarious!!

The thought that Greeneville doesn't have any depth. They only have the strongest 5 and support cast in Tennessee. When you stop Megan, then you gotta stop Nakeisha Manuel. When that happens, Lauren Anderson is gonna burn you with a three. After you deny those three, Rachel Collins pulls a jumper at the free-throw line. Then who's left to guard Sienna Forney's penetration. Dyersburg may be good and may have depth. But to say Greeneville has a lack of it, is absolutely ludacris. And how could I forget Whitney Carter who is an increadible spot shooter. .....Now to me, that sounds like a little more than one person! :P

825611631[/snapback]

Don't forget Stephanie "The Enforcer" Freeman who Burkey goes to when he needs to apply a bit more pressure. Then there are sophomores White and Lamons who sub seamlessly. And we are fortunate to be able to count on freshmen Duncan, Payne,King and McIntyre when needed. Greeneville has been fortunate this season to be able to play most of their bench in most of their games. Some of these Freshmen had games where they saw nearly a full half of playing time. They won't be going to the state without big-game experience. They were part of Greeneville Middle's sectional Championship team last year as were the sophomores the previous year. This teams bench is as talented as a lot of schools starters. I am sure Dyersburg has an equally talented bench. I think we can agree that we will see 32 minutes of whirlwind basketball from 2 teams with nothing to lose and everything to gain. I don't think we will be disappointed.

Florida stinks at women's basketball. I'd be ashamed if i was going there. Meagan could have went to a major conference school, but she chose to stay close to home.

825611885[/snapback]

Dude you are getting a bit out of line... these are young ladies we are talking about and somebody's little girls so show you have some home training and don't embarrass yourself or any of the rest of us from G'Vegas. It really should not concern any of us where these young women have decided to continue their education. We should just be proud that they have used their talent to enable them to do so.

Now back to the game at hand... I haven't heard too much about the Dyersburg fans about their team. They just keep posting about teams they played with DI prospects and girls that graduated almost 20 years ago. How is your height and speed. Who is your best player? How bout some stats?

You all seem so confident in your girls but, with the exception of thumpkins,don't seem to be able to back it up with anything. Wheres the beef?

Sorry, i didn't mean to offend anybody, but if these girls are going to play SEC basketball then they need to get used to having people say bad stuff about them. I didn't say anything that wasn't true. Florida does stink. I do agree with barb about dyersburg not saying anything about their team though. I just know about people that they've played from what they say. I would like to know who the good players are and if they walk the ball up the court or run and gun.

P.S. I've had people say a lot worse about me on these message boards.

Edited by dodgerdude

Dude you are getting a bit out of line... these are young ladies we are talking about and somebody's little girls so show you have some home training and don't embarrass yourself or any of the rest of us from G'Vegas. It really should not concern any of us where these young women have decided to continue their education. We should just be proud that they have used their talent to enable them to do so.

Now back to the game at hand... I haven't heard too much about the Dyersburg fans about their team. They just keep posting about teams they played with DI prospects and girls that graduated almost 20 years ago. How is your height and speed. Who is your best player? How bout some stats?

You all seem so confident in your girls but, with the exception of thumpkins,don't seem to be able to back it up with anything. Wheres the beef?

825612021[/snapback]

Dburg has 6'3 sophomore center that has dominated evry1 she has playd. They hav a guard that can shoot and break sum ankles. Their point guard shoots good from everywhere and is excellent at defense. Their power forward is solid. Their small forward is an awesome slasher and can get to the rim with little effort. Their bench players get pretty good minutes and are all good enough to start on most teams.

825612021[/snapback]

Dburg has 6'3 sophomore center that has dominated evry1 she has playd. They hav a guard that can shoot and break sum ankles. Their point guard shoots good from everywhere and is excellent at defense. Their power forward is solid. Their small forward is an awesome slasher and can get to the rim with little effort. Their bench players get pretty good minutes and are all good enough to start on most teams.

Boys and girls i got one thing to say everybody stop running there mouth about everything, like they know everything because nobody knows anything about either team. they are from opposite ends of the state. lets just go down to the "boro" and play some basketball and gets this thing on the road and settle it there. we will see you there if you come because us dyersburg fans are going to rock the house. hope you greeneville fans can hang.

Go lady trojans

Boys and girls i got one thing to say everybody stop running there mouth about everything, like they know everything because nobody knows anything about either team. they are from opposite ends of the state. lets just go down to the "boro" and play some basketball and gets this thing on the road and settle it there. we will see you there if you come because us dyersburg fans are going to rock the house. hope you greeneville fans can hang.

Go lady trojans

LIVE FROM THE BORO - UPDATE FOR DBURG FANS BACK ON THE RIVER BLUFF...

although some think that dburg’s schedule is weak, then consider this: there are 6 teams that are at state which dburg has played this year, four in regulation and two in scrimmages...... 4 of those team are or have been top 5 teams in polls and the other 2 are top 20 teams in coacht sos polls... dburg is currently ranked at #4 in coacht sos

of the 8 teams in AAA, mt juliet has 10 tourney appearances, followed by dyersburg with 8, jackson northside with 8, powel with 3, oakland with 2, cleveland with 1 and greenville with 1.......(from tssaa program)

note...last time dburg was at the boro was 2001, when dburg drew oakland first round...dburg lead in that game until the last few minutes when oakland pulled it out, and went on to face and lose to shelbyville by 7 in the finals... dburg also made sub-state in 2003 and 2004 was put out by craigmont last year by a couple points, after having a 10 point lead, ... craigmont made the finals last year....

greenville and dburg are the 2 smallest AAA teams at state (school populations)...dburg will drop to 13AA next year......hmmmm, that means that there are three teams at state this year that will be in 13AA next year....very tough...

yo, trojan trouble, hope to see yall fill it up tomorrow night...

Edited by mg

LIVE FROM THE BORO - UPDATE FOR DBURG FANS BACK ON THE RIVER BLUFF...

although some think that dburg’s schedule is weak, then consider this: there are 6 teams that are at state which dburg has played this year, four in regulation and two in scrimmages...... 4 of those team are or have been top 5 teams in polls and the other 2 are top 20 teams in coacht sos polls... dburg is currently ranked at #4 in coacht sos

of the 8 teams in AAA, mt juliet has 10 tourney appearances, followed by dyersburg with 8, jackson northside with 8, powel with 3, oak ridge with 2, cleveland with 1 and greenville with 1.......(from tssaa program)

note...last time dburg was at the boro was 2001, when dburg drew oakland first round...dburg lead in that game until the last few minutes when oakland pulled it out, and went on to face and lose to shelbyville by 7 in the finals... dburg also made sub-state in 2003 and 2004 was put out by craigmont last year by a couple points, after having a 10 point lead,  ... craigmont made the finals last year....

greenville and dburg are the 2 smallest AAA teams at state (school populations)...dburg will drop to 13AA next year......hmmmm, that means that there are three teams at state this year that will be in 13AA next year....very tough...

yo, trojan trouble, hope to see yall fill it up tomorrow night...

825612761[/snapback]

I can't believe you would actually use scrimmages to make a point. And you are still using your teams PAST. This is the present. Nobody really cares what any of these teams did last year.

Greeneville played 5 of the teams in this tournament... none of them scrimmages.

Big deal.

Note:You should visit TSSAA web site sometimes and look at the state tournament records. Mt Juliet has 3 trips to the finals, Dyersburg has 0, Jackson NS has 0, Powell has 0, Oak ridge however has 9( don't know how the program got that one wrong since they have 3 gold balls)And by the way, Oak Ridge is not in the tourney this year cause Greeneville BEAT them in the sub-state!!! So I would say the program is wrong and you look like an idiot. Greeneville made its first appearance ever in the state tournament and lost a close one late in the semi's to Shelbyville. (who went on to beat Craigmont) This means what???? Thats right... they went home and started practicing for this year's return trip. No they haven't been here 8 times but they will be back again. I personally like the fact that there are a few relatively new teams in the tourney this year. Hard to scout a team you haven't ever heard of.

I can't believe you would actually use scrimmages to make a point. And you are still using your teams PAST. This is the present. Nobody really cares what any of these teams did last year.

Greeneville played 5 of the teams in this tournament... none of them scrimmages.

Big deal.

Note:You should visit TSSAA web site sometimes and look at the state tournament records. Mt Juliet has 3 trips to the finals, Dyersburg has 0, Jackson NS has 0, Powell has 0, Oak ridge however has 9( don't know how the program got that one wrong since they have 3 gold balls)And by the way, Oak Ridge is not in the tourney this year cause Greeneville BEAT them in the sub-state!!! So I would say  the program is wrong and you look like an idiot. Greeneville made its first appearance ever in the state tournament and lost a close one late in the semi's to Shelbyville. (who went on to beat Craigmont) This means what???? Thats right... they went home and started practicing for this year's return trip. No they haven't been here 8 times but they will be back again. I personally like the fact that there are a few relatively new teams in the tourney this year. Hard to scout a team you haven't ever heard of.

825612891[/snapback]

Hey smart man if you will notice, MG is saying we have been to sub-state the last 3 years because most of the girls that are on our team this year have started or played an important role in the two previous seasons. We only lost two seniors last year and one didn't play much due to a knee injury. Living in the past for this team is building up to this state tournament team.

Oh MG, I think we will have a little to much Trojan Trouble in the house tonight and all weekend long. You just bring your butt down there.