Class A State Tournement

I think it's pretty sad that someone had to mention Pamela. Obviousely bball is on Lamar's mind. After all, they ARE in the State aren't they. Trust me, a man with 7 gold balls in his possession and way to many wins to count, has only one thing on his mind when he steps on the court!! As a former player, I can guarantee you that!!!!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everyone in 1A is all that worried about Jackson County dropping down.  Yes they have "skyscraper" as I like to call her, but she has been shut down before in middle school and in AAU (even though no one was even close to being as tall as her).  JC will get their fairshare of opposition from within their own district.  While there is no denying that they will, or should, be the favorite over the next 5 years, you're not going to see any 1A teams roll over for them.  In fact, the better of the 1A teams are welcoming the challenge of having to deal with them year in and year out.

825607444[/snapback]

I agree with you 100%. Jackson County is tough but the teams in their new district and region will be abl to compete with them. They will not blow everyone out. They will be moving in to one of the toughest regions in the state in class A ball with Clarkrange,Westmoreland,Gordonsville,and Clay Co. in their region. They will certainly not have the district, region, or state championship handed to them next year. Probably not many people agree with me but we will see next season.

on behalf of peabody high school i would like to apologize for the rediculous amount of winning we do. i know it upsets some people but myself, the coaches, even the alumnists have talked to the girls and they just refuse to stop winning. so i am very sorry. look out coalfield

Did Oneida beat Clarkrange at Clarkrange? If memory serves me right they did. The Buffs didn't impress me too much that night, but Oneida is a good team. Have they improved since then?  jtown, I don't think anybody meant anything mean by mentioning Lamar's daughter, they were just asking if that would affect his coaching.

825607898[/snapback]

Memory served you wrong. C-Range by 25 in Oneida and C-Range by 13 at home.

I was at both games and yes, they were impressive...

GO LADY BUFFS

My bad, I was thinking of York, whoops.

825609918[/snapback]

Thats an easy mistake to make, they are both from fentress county. York wasnt impressive because they were without the best player that i have seen play all year..Brandy Brown. she broke her foot. When she came back, they elimited the defending state champion Livingston Lady Wildcats. They lost by two points to David Libscomb in the region. david Libscomb won their sub-state going away. She also lit it up in the district tournament. She had 46 in one game and 36 in another, just coming back from a broke foot! So, thats why York didnt look impressive...