Wilson Central- Mt. Juliet

WCBalla

After our big regional championship victory over Mt. Juliet last Thursday night, I just couldn't wait to get up the next morning, run out to get the local paper, and sit back and read all about it. As I was reading, something Mt. Juliet's Coach Chris Fryer said caught my eye. HE GAVE WILSON CENTRAL ALL THE CREDIT! I couldn't believe it. Here was the coach of the 33-0, #1 ranked team in the state, #2 ranked team in the NATION giving all the credit to the team that won. He said, "it was a matchup of 2 great teams" and "it was a great high school game." He also went on to say what "a great job Central did shutting us down." He said the better team won.

On CoachT, we see the word 'Class' passed around as if it was nothing more than shaker of salt. Because of that, I regret having to use the word. But, CLASS is the only word I can think of to describe Coach Fryer. An emotional and heartbreaking loss to probably your most heated rival, and he has nothing but complimentary things to say about his opponent. Did Mt. Juliet play poorly? Probably. Did Coach Fryer use this as an excuse? He never mentioned it. Again, all the credit went to the Wilson Central Lady Wildcats.

In the 3 previous Wilson Central- Mt. Juliet games (all Mt. Juliet wins), Coach Bud Brandon has yet to give any credit to the Lady Bears. It's always about how "we shot terrible," or "we turned it over too much." I have the newspapers to prove it. It's always about what we did wrong, not what Mt. Juliet did right. I would hope that Coach Brandon, after this huge win, would read the quotes by Coach Fryer and learn how to handle adveristy. I think it would serve him well.

Good luck to both teams in the state tournmament. Two teams from Wilson County in the final 8. That is exciting. I'm pullng for Central, but Mt. Juliet has a new fan.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not Bud's fault...he comes by it honestly through genetics. Coach Fryer is a class guy, a good man who works the girls hard, really hard to achieve success. If you beat us, then you get all the credit because you had to have earned it. Good luck to both teams but I hope the Black & Vegas Gold brings home the ball. thumb

class is not something unheard of at mt. juliet...mt. juliet is an awesome team overall...not just out on the court...this team consists of more than just the girls on the court...fryer is the brain of this club...he knows how to accept things...he also knows how to win...mj for state? heck yes!

FLGRVY....Wow to take a shot by saying its in his geitics that sounds tliek you are taking a shot at Campbell as well you know sometimes coaches do believe that there team lost it and not that the other team did everything right its more like "we" did everything wrong...Fryer is sometiems asclassy coach but theere are other times that we wont get into that i have mentioned before where he has shown no class ....i know Coach Brandon and Coach Campbell to be nothing less than classy with the record to show it good luck gentelman we are all behind you

FLGRVY....Wow to take a shot by saying its in his geitics that sounds tliek you are taking a shot at Campbell as well you know sometimes coaches do believe that there team lost it and not that the other team did everything right its more like "we" did everything wrong...Fryer is sometiems asclassy coach but theere are other times that we wont get into that i have mentioned before where he has shown no class ....i know Coach Brandon and Coach Campbell to be nothing less than classy with the record to show it good luck gentelman we are all behind you

825606546[/snapback]

Poor Mailman, yes I guess kicking chairs and throwing jackets is class. And yes I have known Bud since we were teens and yes he is a good coach, blah, blah blah. Bud needs anger management when it comes to playing Mt. Juliet. Every game its a bet as to who will jump up out of his seat and go after the ref, Bud or Campbell. I have watched Chris Fryer become one of the classy coaches around. He never jumps up in the refs face. He calmly ask for an explanation and yes his face may turn red and he may look like he is going to stroke out but he does not EXPLODE like Bud. You grow with experience when you are put in situations like that, Bud needs to show not only the crowd but his girls that control is what it is all about.

Edited by doedoe1961

Hey give me a coach thats going to fight for me anyday ill take it in a heartbeat....and hey if the refs would have made a terrible call as they did i would have thrown my jacket two......you know how many games these guys has been thrown out of Bud none that i can remember and campbell only 3 soo these guys are awesome coaches and they show class by now running the score up

Hey give me a coach thats going to fight for me anyday ill take it in a heartbeat....and hey if the refs would have made a terrible call as they did i would have thrown my jacket two......you know how many games these guys has been thrown out of Bud none that i can remember and campbell only 3 soo these guys are awesome coaches and they show class by now running the score up

825607037[/snapback]

like I said control is class

MAILMAN is the King of NO Class!! Wilson Central has alot of very good fans that support the team in the correct way and we have fun. Then you have people like Mailman that try and make the whole fan base look classless. Hey, Mailman you might want to start proof reading your posts or get someone to help you one.

Good luck Girls!!!!

well said BigBoy---its fans like ole mailman that can really make ya dislike a team....it's totally acceptable to be a fan and support your team but everytime an MJ post is put up on here, mailman goes in and talks about central and how superior they are to all living things ever created. I agree, central does have a very good fan base and i am almost willing to bet if you ask all of central's fans about demeanor and calmness, they would also agree that fryar is one up in that category....Aside from mailman--hope to see all you central fans up in the boro, and hope to see you saturday night in the championship!!!!

Edited by mjbear12

Both Wilson Central and Mt.Juliet are class programs.The region tournament at Wilson Central was run as if it was an NCAA first round site.Both of these programs will continue to be outstanding.Great coaches,Great players,Great facilities,Great administrations,Great programs period.It would not surprise me for both to be back at the state next season.