Who is the best shortstop in East Tennessee?

Patspitcher16

Senior Phillip Gehron of CSAS I'd have to say is the best shortstop in East Tennessee and is one of the best all-around players in the area. Not many people know of him because of some set backs he had as a Sophomore and Junior. But as a Freshman he led the team in most of the batting statistics. Last year he had surgery on tendons that had been crossed since birth that had been giving him shoulder problems for years. But everyone watch out and look for this guy to have an awesome year.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard hes graduating after this season even though he is a junior anybody heard anything about this?

825607389[/snapback]

Bizzazz posted the following on hsbaseballweb

Posted March 03, 2005 01:10 PM

Nice article in Baseball America about Tony Delmonico and his decision to graduate early.

He actually turns 18 this month per the story.

He had an impressive showing at the East Coast Showcase.

http://baseballamerica.com/today/highschoo...302hsnotes.html

Patspitcher16 Posted Yesterday, 10:52 PM

Senior Phillip Gehron of CSAS I'd have to say is the best shortstop in East Tennessee and is one of the best all-around players in the area. Not many people know of him because of some set backs he had as a Sophomore and Junior. But as a Freshman he led the team in most of the batting statistics. Last year he had surgery on tendons that had been crossed since birth that had been giving him shoulder problems for years. But everyone watch out and look for this guy to have an awesome year.

He is probably the best shortstop SOUTH of the river, maybe!

Yeah, you're probably right, he's better than Delmonico.

825607526[/snapback]

The only thing I saw mentioned in the original line was hitting statistics...nothing about arm strength, speed, fielding, etc. Last time I checked, the shortstop position had do do with all around play, as does most of the other positions. If you opened up your eyes to the world around you and got out a little more, you would know who the best shortstop was...Tony D at the FHS.

825606813[/snapback]

I know that kid, I played on the 14-15 yr old Colonels with him. I know this is irrelevent but just thought i'd put that tid bit of info in. He's a great kid although at that time he was a better pitcher than fielder. But that was 3 yrs ago, so I have no clue.