Wilson Central (28-6) vs Ridgeway (30-4)

WilsonCentral22

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P

Ridgeway by 30?  LMFAO!  White Station only beat us by 17 last year and most of that was on one big run in the second quarter.  You think Ridgeway is going to win by 30?

825610962[/snapback]

Only by 17...they put their 3rd team in the end of the 3rd quarter. They could have beaten you by 40 if Coach would have wanted too. WC will be lucky not to be down 25 at half. WC better run a stall, if they want to have a minscule chance of only getting blown out by 25. lol :P:lol:

:P

Only by 17...they put their 3rd team in the end of the 3rd quarter. They could have beaten you by 40 if Coach would have wanted too. WC will be lucky not to be down 25 at half. WC better run a stall, if they want to have a minscule chance of only getting blown out by 25. lol :P  :lol:

825611676[/snapback]

Wow, that was a great post. You are obviously an intelligent high school basketball fan. I really enjoy your insights. I would actually enjoy more of the reasoning behind why "WC will be lucky not to be down 25 at half."

Have you even seen Wilson Central play this season? I would venture to say no due to the amount of ignorance your last post reaked of Sports Nation. Wilson Central may lose, but it will not be by 40, and I guarantee you they will not be down 25 at the half. They are a very athletic team and have the athletes to match up with Ridgeway. However, I do not think they have the scoring talent of Ridgeway. This game will be much closer than you think.

Wow, that was a great post.  You are obviously an intelligent high school basketball fan.  I really enjoy your insights.  I would actually enjoy more of the reasoning behind why "WC will be lucky not to be down 25 at half." 

Have you even seen Wilson Central play this season?  I would venture to say no due to the amount of ignorance your last post reaked of Sports Nation.  Wilson Central may lose, but it will not be by 40, and I guarantee you they will not be down 25 at the half.  They are a very athletic team and have the athletes to match up with Ridgeway.  However, I do not think they have the scoring talent of Ridgeway.  This game will be much closer than you think.

825611744[/snapback]

Bond is one of the few Middle Tennesseans that understand the "Memphis" game.......but the kid just doesn't have the hosses.....I would love to see that game but I will be in Rupp Arena next week...either watching or coaching. Roadrunners by 12.

Wow this post is terrible has anyone here seen WC play i mean seriously.....I know that all the memphis fans think they can come up here and just take all the games against these slow non athletic Middle and East Tn teams but Wilson Central is not your typical middle Tn team.....WC has as much athletic ablity as any team in the state they can much up with anyone just based on that the thing that sperates them from other teams is one word Discipline thats what will put the over the top they have the horses to stay with anyone but they have heart and HUSTLE!!! which is something that is very difficult to find in this age of SHOWTIME basketball....i say WC by 7 and they do have the post to containe the big man everyone is raving about.....also though this doesnt mean much we did play them in camp and beat them though it was only camp and i understand that..it shoud be a fun and interesting game

Ridgeway by 30?  LMFAO!  White Station only beat us by 17 last year and most of that was on one big run in the second quarter.  You think Ridgeway is going to win by 30?

825610962[/snapback]

If the game is called evenly, I'll take Ridgeway by about 15 to 20 points! Pierre is not only a monster in the post, but he is also a valid three point threat. They also have two or three other guys that can fill it up. Plus, they know how to ball!

they lost to Northside by 6 and White Station by 1 but they also beat both of these teams this year....they lost a fluke to a solid AA Kingsbury by 2 and they lost to Saint Marys from New York by 6, they are ranked top 25 in the country right now i believe.

825619079[/snapback]

Btowntigers,

Didn't Mitchell beat Ridgeway (@ the beginning of the season), during a tournament, or some kind of "hall of fame" game?

Perhaps (Mitchell fan) Galilee can weigh in, here?

An any rate, I'd like to offer up a few observations about Ridgeway and its upcoming game vs. Wilson Central:

Ridgeway is a solid, fundamentally-sound basketball TEAM, with an uncanny knack for winning the close games. They play the type of basketball that I just LOVE to watch--unselfish, lots of ball movement (without STALLING), controlled fast breaks.. Their passing game is spectacular, especially on the interior. Even the big dude, Niles, gets his share of assists!

Ridgeway is a versatile squad that plays with lots of heart and energy. They don't have the depth & imposing team height of Raleigh Egypt, the complete balance of Fairley or the athletic deluge of Mitchell. Instead, Ridgeway's forte is... old fashioned, consistent production from 6 or 7 guys that KNOW their roles. They play their roles. Plus, they excell in those roles. Nothing fancy.

Ridgeway has a good inside-outside attack & can play ANY style of basketball necessary, to win the game. They shoot the 3-ball reasonably well, though "streaky" is more indicative...Free throw shooting is good, and the defense is sound.

I would like to see Ridgeway take care of their defensive boards, better--MUCH better (Fairley seemed to annihilate Ridgeway on the offensive boards...though, in all fairness, Fairley outrebounded MOST all of the teams it played against!)

Pierre Niles gets most of the headlines for Ridgeway but, IMO, their POINT GUARD (Mincy) is the key to Ridgeway's success. If he were considered for the MVP of their team--I would NOT argue against it! No--this is NOT to say that Mincy is better than Niles; just that Niles (AND his teammates) performs more EFFICIENTLY when Mincy is in the game.

Mincy's is a "textbook" floor general, as he does all the things a point guard should do: get everyone involved, timely passing, recognizing mismatches, ball handling, poise, minimal turnovers, clutch shooting, tough-nosed defense, tempo-control, court awareness, directing his teammates, etc.

Here's my acid test for Mincy's value to Ridgeway's team: What happens when when Mincy goes out of the game? Ridgeway tends to struggle! Conversely, when Niles goes out...well, Ridgeway seems to hold up much better.

Now, as for Ridgeway's matchup with W.C.... I have no idea of how this game might unfold, since I know NOTHING about W.C (except what I've read on this board...they obviously have a good team). I will say this, however: To win this game, Wilson-Central must minimize turnovers & be able to withstand Ridgeway's defensive-pressure! If not, then Ridgeway will be able to score lots of easy buckets--FAST (ask Fairley)... that's when they're most effective-forcing turnovers.

Plus, it would benefit W.C's cause GREATLY... to get Mincy into foul trouble!

Bottom Line: My money (& heart) is with Ridgeway. Hey--I'm a Memphian. I gotta' support my area teams! thumb

Edited by TraderB