Peabody Golden Tide

SportsNation

Did a Peabody fan actually say something about 1996?  Wasn't that when a "lowly" bunch of scraggly kids from Boyd Buchanan beat Trenton in the semi-finals?  Didn't Trenton have the Class A Mr. Basketball winner that season?  I would think most Peabody fans would want to put that bad memory to rest! 

My suggestion?  Don't overlook anyone!

825611838[/snapback]

I'm not sure about all of that, but we all know that having a Mr. Basketball finalist doesn't assure you of a State title. We are proud of our tidemen and we wish them well!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a Peabody fan actually say something about 1996?  Wasn't that when a "lowly" bunch of scraggly kids from Boyd Buchanan beat Trenton in the semi-finals?  Didn't Trenton have the Class A Mr. Basketball winner that season?  I would think most Peabody fans would want to put that bad memory to rest! 

My suggestion?  Don't overlook anyone!

825611838[/snapback]

Yes Peabody did lose to BBS in 96, but it was in the "Final 4". The point was everybody keeps saying that Pebaody has to beat the defending state champs(UNAKA). In 1996 Peabody did that in the first round( Pickett County). The BBS game was a bad memory, because that was the closest thing Peabody has had in getting Trenton's second state title overall. Until our girls won 2 years ago.

Sportsnation obviously is from UNAKA, and is trying to give "Bulliten Board" material to UNAKA. I think we do have chance to win eventhough they are defending champs. I know this isnt the same team, but I think it was in 96, when Peabody played defending champs Pickett Co(95), in the first round and beat them so this could be dejavu. This ghetto style he talks about, im not really sure. I mean Peabody doesnt pass the ball around 14 times to get a shot, and doesnt set a plethora of screens. They try to play an uptempo style of basketball. So if thats Ghetto ball then, we are the best "Ghetto ball playing Class A team"...is there an award for that...

825611576[/snapback]

That is so true and there should be an award for that

peabodymom,

Thanks for desperately trying to keep this a thread we can read and enjoy. Nor do we know this sportsnation guy/gal.

I think you'll find several hundred very polite, appreciative fans in Mufreesboro, before and after the game (they get a little fussy during gametime ;) ).

Hope to see you there, and good luck.

EVERYBODY IS DOUBTING THE GOLDENTIDE, BUT I HAVE GOOD FEELING THAT PEABODY WILL WIN. JUST LIKE EVERYBODY WAS DOUBTING THE LADYTIDE TO WIN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP OR BEATING GLEASON ETC.

IF PEABODY PLAYS LIKE DEY DID AGAISNT LC OR W/E THEY WILL CERTAINTLY WIN. PEABODY HAS THE MOST TALENTED TEAM OUT OF ALL THE CLASS A TEAMS GOING TO STATE. PEABODY JUST HAVE TO USE THAT TALENT.

EVERYBODY IS DOUBTING THE GOLDENTIDE, BUT I HAVE GOOD FEELING THAT PEABODY WILL WIN. JUST LIKE EVERYBODY WAS DOUBTING THE LADYTIDE TO WIN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP OR BEATING GLEASON ETC.

825619572[/snapback]

I don't mean to sound trite, but exactly who has been doubting Peabody (girls or boys) all year? I wasn't aware either were underdogs or surprise finishers. Did they upset anyone during either tournament so far? Is there anyone left that, if beaten, people would consider an upset?

I don't mean to sound trite, but exactly who has been doubting Peabody (girls or boys) all year?  I wasn't aware either were underdogs or surprise finishers.  Did they upset anyone during either tournament so far?  Is there anyone left that, if beaten, people would consider an upset?

825619629[/snapback]

It would be a huge upset if they stayed within 20 points of Pickett Co.! thumb

then get a ghetto board and post there...................you are the reason some folks don't like Peabody and their fans.  But thank goodness we are not all like you!

825611496[/snapback]

Not to worry peabodymom, word is sportsnation is not even a peabody fan nor from trenton, just startin' stuff