Peabody Golden Tide

SportsNation

I totally disagree with you. Remember the times when PHS was a Class A powerhouse. When we didnt expect for the TIde to lose. We cant have that attitude as fans. Of course if they loose we will be proud, but we shoudl expect nothing less that a championship every year. We have so much talent in our small town. No other class A school can say that they have talent year in year out. Evry year we have a sports team up for something big. The talent is there. We have to get back to that mentality where we except nothing but winning. These guys have been playing together since they were in the 6th grade. They have played in JR high state games with each other. They know what it takes to win. Remember Obion COunty, and Union City, Bradford girls, Gleason girls,  back in the 90's fans their fans wouldnt make statments like this.  Excepting anything less that a championship is unheard of. Lets get back to the old days where we believe in our program.....Lets dig deep and find some of that TIDE PRIDE!!!!

Roll TIDE

825621654[/snapback]

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I know they CAN win this if they put their minds to it. My point was that if they bring home the gold ball or not, they ARE a great team and have A LOT to be proud of. To lose at this point would not constitute being the "loser" in my book because these final four teams are all GREAT! I want them to bring it home, but if not.....I won't be the one to say, "dang, if they'd just done this or if that hadn't happened".....etc. I am proud of them and the gold ball will not change that. I agree that you should always set your goals high and expect the best out of people. But I also believe that if you express disappointment for NOT reaching the VERY TOP (1st place), you are selling yourself short. (and them) I believe in our program and I have more "tidepride" than you are giving me credit for.

GO TIDEMEN GO!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.  I know they CAN win this if they put their minds to it.  My point was that if they bring home the gold ball or not, they ARE a great team and have A LOT to be proud of.  To lose at this point would not constitute being the "loser" in my book because these final four teams are all GREAT!  I want them to bring it home, but if not.....I won't be the one to say, "dang, if they'd just done this or if that hadn't happened".....etc.  I am proud of them and the gold ball will not change that.  I agree that you should always set your goals high and expect the best out of people.  But I also believe that if you express disappointment for NOT reaching the VERY TOP (1st place), you are selling yourself short.  (and them)  I believe in our program and I have more "tidepride" than you are giving me credit for. 

GO TIDEMEN GO!

825621682[/snapback]

Trust me, I know you have TIDEPRIDE, and no onw will think these guys are losers. But my question is would you have said the same thing last week, if our girls would have lost?? It kinda sounds as if we shouldnt expect our guys to win, likw we are satisfied just making it to state. As an athletic program we should not be so content on just making it to state. Weve been up here numerous times, and couldnt get it done with all the talent. The time to bring home a GOLD BALL is now!!

"You got to want it to win it, and we want it bad" Roll Tide!!

Edited by Tidepride

Trust me, I know you have TIDEPRIDE, and no onw will think these guys are losers. But my question is would you have said the same thing last week, if our girls would have lost?? It kinda sounds as if we shouldnt expect our guys to win, likw we are satisfied just making it to state. As an athletic program we should not be so content on just making it to state. Weve been up here numerous times, and couldnt get it done with all the talent. The time to bring home a GOLD BALL is now!!

"You got to want it to win it, and we want it bad"  Roll Tide!!

825621691[/snapback]

Actually, yes, I would have said the same thing about the girls. I see where you are coming from. I just want to make it clear that even IF they don't bring home the gold ball, I will STILL be proud of them.

HOWEVER...................TIDEMEN..............KEEP IT UP.........................WORK HARD........................DON'T GIVE UP.......................YOU CAN DO IT!

I saw Peabody play their 1st Rd State Tournament game and I don't know what kind of team they were with the bid kid that got kicked off the team but with the team they have in the State Tournament right now they have absolutely no chance of winning the State. Doaks is their WHOLE team and that is not an understatement. Doaks is such a freaskish athlete that if he had any kind of a supporting cast they would be almost unbeatable. But, Doaks is the ONLY thing Peabody has. The little freshman #21 will end up being a good player but right now he still needs a lot of development.

825621534[/snapback]

You must not have seen the 3's falling from ashburn

The little freshman #21 will end up being a good player but right now he still needs a lot of development.

825621534[/snapback]

Well, Robert Yancy, #21 freshman, is the one who stopped North in the Sub-State game! Robert came in the game and held North to only 3 pts in the last 1 1/2 quarters of the game..............per a local newspaper.

I saw Peabody play their 1st Rd State Tournament game and I don't know what kind of team they were with the bid kid that got kicked off the team but with the team they have in the State Tournament right now they have absolutely no chance of winning the State. Doaks is their WHOLE team and that is not an understatement. Doaks is such a freaskish athlete that if he had any kind of a supporting cast they would be almost unbeatable. But, Doaks is the ONLY thing Peabody has. The little freshman #21 will end up being a good player but right now he still needs a lot of development.

825621534[/snapback]

Doaks is not all they have. Peabody is a great TEAM. You can't judge a team by ONE player.

Well, Robert Yancy, #21 freshman, is the one who stopped North in the Sub-State game!  Robert came in the game and held North to only 3 pts in the last 1 1/2 quarters of the game..............per a local newspaper.

825622877[/snapback]

I'm sure Yancey is a fine defensive player and did a great job defensivelly in sub-state game vs JCS.

It is relatively easy to slow a player when he has been playing the whole game and you are FRESH! ! But how do you account for MR. BASKETBALL scoring only 12 pts. vs JCS and did he ever break 20 pts at Boro? If he's Mr. BB, i'm the 40-50 yr. old senior Mr. Universe with this flab on my belly. HA HA

Yes, Trenton stopped Alan North just like Middleton, West Carroll did. 29 pts. vs Middleton in Dist. Champ., 31pts vs W.Carroll in Reg Semis, 23 pts vs. Middleton in Reg. Champ.game and 27 pts. vs Trenton in Sub-State game where your cheating Refs took over the game by fouling out 2 of JCS starters. If you dont think Alan North of JCS is one of the top 1A Guards in the state ask Leon Hunt of Middleton who has been guarding him the past two yrs. to the tune of about 25 ppg. Leon knows his game well and could only hold him down to 23 pts in Reg. Finals.

The truth sets one FREE---but can we accept and believe it?

In all seriousness, Niccy D. is a great player and has a bright future. Best of luck to him and his entire family.

Best wishes to Peabody Mom, by the way is Spudda his daddy? I played H.S. ball with JR back in the seventies.

[color=orange

Exactly, Middleton CAN AND DID. Once we get started, its Over....we got what we wanted....the gold ball that sits in the trophy case now. We worked hard for it. Our boys knew what they wanted and did everything in their power to get it. So, congrats M*TOWN. It was a good game and I am glad that I was able to be a cheerleader.....ya'll made it worth while.