Does Temple have what it takes to win it all?

oldtimeballer63

Temple does have what it takes. Now that being said they still have to win it. Any team at state can beat any team, it happens every year. (grace vs CPA). They have to play their game and they will come home with the gold ball. 34-1 speaks for itself. There the frontrunner for a reason, but that just means everyone wants to beat them that much more. If they play their ball i dont think anyone can beat them, but that being said they still have to do it and its never easy.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all, I was just curious as to how the Middleton fan thinks that losing by double digits is a good thing. And I was showing that Temple beat the defending state champs by 21 at their gym so the argument of hanging with last years state champs doesn't hold up to well, especially if they've lost players etc.  And I was just listing some of the good competition(3 of which are in the 8 at state) that Temple has played and beat since someone implied that Temple hadn't played anyone this year.

From reading the Chattanoogan article, Coach Wadley seems to think Middleton will be one of the toughest and that if the brackets were different then Middleton and Temple would meet in the championship game. Should be a good one.

825619153[/snapback]

The defending AA champs have all of their starters back and are expected to win AA again.

The answer to the original question is: Yes, they have what it takes and so do 7 other teams. Watch the NCAA this weekend and you will see favorites winning and underdogs winning. That is basketball.

Get overconfident, play bad, have an off night, miss free throws, and you lose.

Stay focused, play hard, shoot well, make free throws and you win.

Temple and Middelton are the best teams in the state. But that won't guarantee the tourney for them.

The answer to the original question is: Yes, they have what it takes and so do 7 other teams. Watch the NCAA this weekend and you will see favorites winning and underdogs winning. That is basketball.

Get overconfident, play bad, have an off night, miss free throws, and you lose.

Stay focused, play hard, shoot well, make free throws and you win.

Temple and Middelton are the best teams in the state. But that won't guarantee the tourney for them.

825619517[/snapback]

You're so right, man.

I'm not totally convinced that all 8 teams have what it takes.

You're so right, man.

I'm not totally convinced that all 8 teams have what it takes.

825619573[/snapback]

There aren't 8 teams that can win in the tournament. Middleton and Temple playing in the first round is an advantage to the rest of the pack b/c these are the 2 most likely to win. Sure Unaka is the defending champ, and Pickett plays tenaciously, but they aren't in the same league as the Temple guys.

I think tomorrows game will be the closest for Temple.

One can't help but think these guys have got to be cocky, already anticipating their 3rd trophy, but I know coach Wadley really pushes them to play hard and stay focused. This team is too disciplined and focused to loose in the State.

Well, I'm getting ready to head up to the Boro. I hope to be steping out the house in another hour to half an hour. It is really cold outside, for it to be warm Saturday. Geez!!!!

Good Luck Temple. The game can go either way. If Middleton can start off hot, it will be a good game, but not, Middleton will have a lot of work to do. Again, Good Luck!

Well, I'm getting ready to head up to the Boro. I hope to be steping out the house in another hour to half an hour. It is really cold outside, for it to be warm Saturday. Geez!!!!

Good Luck Temple. The game can go either way. If Middleton can start off hot, it will be a good game, but not, Middleton will have a lot of work to do. Again, Good Luck!

825619806[/snapback]

ah Temple is a looser, like you coach T

The defending AA champs have all of their starters back and are expected to win AA again.

825619440[/snapback]

i know this is kind of off topic but just to get the facts straight : the defending AA champs (Bolivar) only returned 2 starters from last year's team (lake, walker, and becton are gone)

But back on topic, middleton is a very good team, but so is temple. they both have what it takes to win. the question is who will execute. should be a great game.