final CARTER COUNTY TOP 5

LanderMan

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be grossly unfair, to suggest that 31 - 3 Unaka should be granted a lower ranking, based on an upset loss to a team they had beaten three times.

It would be just as unfair to put the 30 - 6 Lady Cyclones in the second spot, based on a terrible performance in Murfreesboro or in the Greeneville Classic. The Lady Rangers know all too well what an overwhelming experience playing there can be.

Of the Nine Combined Losses by both teams, only one loss Elizabethton's loss to the Seveire County Smokey Bears (11 - 17), was to a sub-five-hundred, or losing team. Very Impressive!

The Lady Rangers lost a total of Three Games. They won the Volunteer Classic with their All State Center and her backup, plus this season's District MVP, All Star Guard, unable to Play. They won the Temple Tournament, including a win over State Final Four Team, Christ Presbyterian Academy, with players still sick and hurting.

Elizabethton and Unaka played Eight Common Opponents. Both teams defeated the Volunteer Falcons Three Times. Unaka defeated Johnson County twice, EHS beat them three times.

***Unaka Defeated Cloudland Three of Four, and Renee Ensor had to sit, injured, for a big part of the second half.

***While the Lady Cyclones lost three consecutive games in Greeneville, Rikki Baughman was limping. Not making excuses for either; just stating the facts.

I think that on any given night, the Lady Cyclones could probably beat two of the three teams that beat them in the Greeneville Classic. In fact, I feel that the way they were playing after 7 February, they might could have defeated the Lady Falcons of Jefferson County. We'll never know.

And ....Enough Good cannot be said about Coach Mike Wilson and his TEAM. Wilson proved me Wrong by consistently winning with Five Players. Remarkable Feat.

Likewise for Coach Kenneth Chambers. Unaka's Depth helped them to continue winning while key players were injured or sick. That's a testament to Chamber's coaching ability.

1)Unaka - - - - - 31 - 3 - Tremendous Team.

1)Elizabethton - 30 - 6 - Great Season Ended in Murfreesboro.

3)Cloudland - - 21 -10 - Great Upset of Unaka. Destroyed Daniel Boone.

4)Hampton - - - - 6 - 21- A Very Unfortunate Second Half to their Season

4)Happy Valley - 5 - 18 - Great Expectations for Next Season.

Krich, I'm not gonna get into the who did this and who did that. Seems like you did the homework.

Your final top 5 should suit everyone just fine. That way we all walk away and head to the baseball and softball fields with peace of mind.

Had fun........

1 Elizabethton

1 Unaka

3 Cloudland

4 Hampton

5 Happy Valley

It's been a heck of a season for all of these ladies and made memories for everyone, good and bad......... but mostly good. Look forward to next year girls, it starts all over again. Be prepared. <_<

Edited by GLee

Krich, I'm not gonna get into the who did this and who did that. Seems like you did the homework.

Your final top 5 should suit everyone  just fine. That way we all walk away and head to the baseball and softball fields with peace of mind.

Had fun........

Elizabethton

Unaka

Cloudland

Hampton

Happy Valley

It's been a heck of a season for all of these ladies and made memories for everyone, good and bad.........    but mostly good. Look forward to next year girls, it all starts all over again. Be prepared.  <_<

825616265[/snapback]

I'll second that.

GLee,

It's Obvious which team played their best, late. EHS also won their way to Murfreesboro. Substate games are pressure-packed. EHS won, UHS lost; simple as that. And, this: If EHS had hit a couple more layups, and/or free throws, they may very well be wearing a Crown tonight.

I've said WAY too much about this, even going long distance against coach 17. And it's time to give him his due: He would have agreed to settle this one on the court (or out back, or wherever). I admire him for that....(just don't tell him I said so).

I'm sure that the Lady Cyclones would love to go back and re-play the game against Chester County. No doubt, the Lady Rangers would love to have another try as well.

But Sixty-One and Nine, total. Pretty Good Basketball. I almost hate to see it end ....

....but next week we get to see the Guys and Gals of Summer (or Spring). However, this basketball season will stay with many of us ....until the horn blows.

I'm also not going to argue with Kirch. It was an excellent season for both teams. I'm sure Unake would love to replay their sub-state game, and take the trip to Murfreesboro. And I'm also sure Elizabethton would love to play Chester County again, and very well could've been playing for the championship tonight.

It's been an awesome year, and I'll remember it for a long time. Let's hope next year is just as good.

And my list:

1. Elizabethton

2. Unaka

3. Cloudland

4. Hampton

5. Happy Valley

Edited by hh 12 43

Thought it was a great year for both Elizabethton and Unaka. Cloudland came up with some good games at the right time. Happy Valley and Hampton both were lucky to get the season over with. Don't see how you can rank Hampton over Happy Valley when the Valley beat them twice. Agree with the tie for number one.

1. Elizabethton

1. Unaka

3. Cloudland

4. Happy Valley

5. Hampton

Thought it was a great year for both Elizabethton and UnakaCloudland came up with some good games at the right time.  Happy Valley and Hampton both were lucky to get the season over with.  Don't see how you can rank Hampton over Happy Valley when the Valley beat them twice.  Agree with the tie for number one.

1. Elizabethton

1. Unaka

3. Cloudland

4. Happy Valley

5. Hampton

825617556[/snapback]

Very Good Point,

You're absolutely right; a team that swept another team should be given higher consideration, regardless of the overall record. I really missed that one.

Thanks, Warrior,

Kim

Thought it was a great year for both Elizabethton and UnakaCloudland came up with some good games at the right time.  Happy Valley and Hampton both were lucky to get the season over with.  Don't see how you can rank Hampton over Happy Valley when the Valley beat them twice.  Agree with the tie for number one.

1. Elizabethton

1. Unaka

3. Cloudland

4. Happy Valley

5. Hampton

825617556[/snapback]

My bad on that one too. I wasn't aware that HV swept Hampton. Sorry...

1. Elizabethton

1. Unaka

3. Cloudland

4. Happy Valley

5. Hampton

825617556[/snapback]

Hey Warrior,

I apologized yesterday for the oversight, but just noticed while reading "GLee's" post, that I actually had the Lady Warriors and Lady Bulldogs tied in the fourth spot. But I still get your point; a Sweep is still a Sweep, and my change stands. Thanks and take care.