WAY to GO AE LADY ROADRUNNERS....

AERoadrunners

This says a lot for a team that's so young. I'm very proud of the Lady Roadrunners from Austin East. I'm looking forward to the future because it looks bright. Only 2 seniors will be leaving this team and that means another run at the title could come in the next 3 years :lol: . You gals made history by becoming the first Austin, East, or Austin East girls team to ever make the State Basketball Title game. There's nothing to be mad about, keep your heads up and be ready to compete in the years to come...

Congratulations to Chester County! You jumped on AE big and it took a lot of heart for AE to fight back like they did. Also, congratulations to Tasha Anderson, LaKrystle Goss, and Shy Marsh. You girls carried this bunch all the way to the title game and making the All Tournament team prove that yall are to hard to be reckon with...

BEEP BEEP DO IT!!!

I'll take a Silver Ball, it's the first in history so we can savor the moment because NEXT YEAR, it's ALLabout the gold!!!

This says a lot for a team that's so young.  I'm very proud of the Lady Roadrunners from Austin East.  I'm looking forward to the future because it looks bright.  Only 2 seniors will be leaving this team and that means another run at the title could come in the next 3 years  :lol: .  You gals made history by becoming the first Austin, East, or Austin East girls team to ever make the State Basketball Title game.  There's nothing to be mad about, keep your heads up and be ready to compete in the years to come...

Congratulations to Chester County!  You jumped on AE big and it took a lot of heart for AE to fight back like they did.  Also, congratulations to Tasha Anderson, LaKrystle Goss, and Shy Marsh.  You girls carried this bunch all the way to the title game and making the All Tournament team prove that yall are to hard  to be reckon with...

BEEP BEEP DO IT!!!

I'll take a Silver Ball, it's the first in history so we can savor the moment because NEXT YEAR, it's ALLabout the gold!!!

825616589[/snapback]

I had a blast cheering with the AE cheering section during the title game. Too bad they didnt pull it out, but from what I understand they are very young and two of the girls that made the all-tournament team were freshman. So the future is bright for AE! thumb

Even AE fans appreciate our favorite cheer. "This is basketball not hockey!"

Edited by bob77

I had a blast cheering with the AE cheering section during the title game.  Too bad they didnt pull it out, but from what I understand they are very young and two of the girls that made the all-tournament team were freshman.  So the future is bright for AE! thumb

Even AE fans appreciate our favorite cheer.  "This is basketball not hockey!"

825616655[/snapback]

Why did they not press in the first half?

Why did they not press in the first half?

825617096[/snapback]

AE did alot of questionable things. I thought the tall girl he put in late in the game did a great job and could have helped but he took her right back out, and the girl he put back in for her was not hustling after the ball at all she was playing lazy. They should have pressed more, and they shot too many threes.

The only questionable thing is you guys coming in here and ruin a perfect post. AE did press the first half, however Chester Co did a good job of beating the press. Now I hope that answer your questions. The tall girl that came in the game, well she did what she was asked to do. So why put her or AE coach down? AE deserves to a lot of appreciation because they weren't supposed to make it this far. Remember they're REAL YOUNG!!!

The only questionable thing is you guys coming in here and ruin a perfect post.  AE did press the first half, however Chester Co did a good job of beating the press.  Now I hope that answer your questions.  The tall girl that came in the game, well she did what she was asked to do. So why put her or AE coach down?  AE deserves to a lot of appreciation because they weren't supposed to make it this far.  Remember they're REAL YOUNG!!!

825617215[/snapback]

Young and a coaches stupidity are two different things.

Young and a coaches stupidity are two different things.

825617296[/snapback]

Had nothing to do with coaches' stupidity. Chester had to adjust to Holiday being out of the game while in foul trouble, hence problems with turnovers; AE made a run; Chester regained composure. All of this happens in a course of a game; especially in a championship game, a team isn't going to roll over. AE was courageous, fought hard and made school history. Congrats to all state tourney teams. A trip to Murfreesboro = successful season!

AE had a great year and to question the coach's decision assinine. I'm proud of the Lady Roadrunners and just like I told them when I saw them yesterday lets do it again next year, except bring back the gold.

Chester County has a great team good luck to the Eaglettes!

I gotta got irritated with the Mt. Juliet folks who invaded the cheering section and stood in the aisles and we couldn't see much of the fourth quarter.

Way to go Lady Roadrunners!

Also, I saw what you are talking about splainshornet. There were some very good student sections at the tournament, most acted respectable but one thing that aggervated me was when they announced the Miss Basketball in class A and the Peabody fans started chanting something about yea but we got the gold ball, this is true, but I thought it was very rude to take away from that young ladys moment that won it, she obviously has worked very hard and why not congratulate her and chant about the gold ball when you are rewarded it. I'm sure the winner would much rather have a gold ball, but I thought it was very rude to take away from her moment, maybe a reason they shouldnt announce the winners after the games? Anyone elses have any thoughts?