Opinion on Referees

Muffin_Man11

And how does naming names on these boards hold them accountable? Just what does that accomplish?

825626962[/snapback]

It accomplishes identifying the poster as an immature, whining, ignorant and probably mediocre soccer player or parent of one. There's a definite correlation between the two.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that refs in highschool soccer more so than any other level are afraid of calling fouls. Whether it's from inexperience or lack of confidence, I find that this single recurring problem is more prominent than any other. Especially in the eighteen, it's almost as if they're afraid to call for a penalty kick for some reason.

I find that refs in highschool soccer more so than any other level are afraid of calling fouls. Whether it's from inexperience or lack of confidence, I find that this single recurring problem is more prominent than any other. Especially in the eighteen, it's almost as if they're afraid to call for a penalty kick for some reason.

825630195[/snapback]

I agree fully, Refs very rarely call for the PK. They often hesitate and by the time they realize it was a big foul they decide not to call it.

I agree fully, Refs very rarely call for the PK.  They often hesitate and by the time they realize it was a big foul they decide not to call it.

825630201[/snapback]

They rarely call them because PKs are basically a free goal. All it takes is one goal to decide the game, and most people don't like the game to come down to a questionable call. How many PKs do you see in the EPL or MLS or other professional soccer leagues? I'm not saying that they shouldn't be called, they just need to be called when an obvious goalscoring opportunity is taken away and the ref is 100% sure on his call. In my opinion, the ref shouldn't call it unless it is an obvious foul. If he's not sure, I would rather him not call it.

They rarely call them because PKs are basically a free goal. All it takes is one goal to decide the game, and most people don't like the game to come down to a questionable call. How many PKs do you see in the EPL or MLS or other professional soccer leagues? I'm not saying that they shouldn't be called, they just need to be called when an obvious goalscoring opportunity is taken away and the ref is 100% sure on his call. In my opinion, the ref shouldn't call it unless it is an obvious foul. If he's not sure, I would rather him not call it.

825630218[/snapback]

Even if they are 100% sure it was a foul some refs still don't call it, those are the ones I am talking about.

bad refs come and go but i am a player and a ref for the kiddos on the weekends. last night i witnessed the worst reffed game ever simply because the ref singled out a player that he had problems with last year. player A gets solid shoulder and kinda loses his balanace and his arms go up and come in contact with anther player. the ref calls player a for a foul he didnt commit ok it happens and player A then says come on in frustation and with out warning the ref shows a card . this is player A's first incident this game no other warnings what so ever. i agree the players manners after this were in the wrong but he had every reason to be upset. just should have managed his anger differently. but after this happens a while later i am discussin a call made againist me for on sides and im 5 players back from the original play.i was called offsides and i had fallowed a shot up the guy who shot was in front of me and the cross in which he got was straight across. i didnt say a thing towards the ref i was just tlakign to my coach just explaining what happened and the ref comes up to me and tells me i cant talk about a call with MY coach and i shouldnt question calls he makes. in turn i say OK and turn away as he tells me to watch my mouth ???????? this intern gets my coach angery and as my coach gets his warning he too says ok sir and turns away and the ref continues to urge my coach into sayin more he throws the card on coach. our assist coach then says sir he was walking aaway and told you he understand why did he continue to get the card?

thats my story it was kinda sad when both coachs agreed they would be reporting the ref ... oh yeah dont throw grass either it can be taken as you are saying foul language..... and those who say a ref cant decide the out come of a game your wrong i am sorry to say he can decide simply either makin the call or not makin the call yes he is deciding none the less.