Ooltewah 6, Rhea County 0

GradfromtheNest

Ooltewah scored three in the first and three in the top of the sixth to beat Rhea County at Rhea tonight.

Nic threw a complete game no-hitter.  Don't have the stats, but he prob struck out 8 or 10.

Just about everyone got a hit for the Owls. 

Ooltewah, 1-1 - Rhea County, 0-1

825619585[/snapback]

Not to take anything from Ooltewah, but it must be an off-year for Rhea County. This is the same team Red Bank beat 22-0 in a scrimmage a week ago.

yeah you've got a good point... but remember that was only a scrimmage... i think red bank and ooltewah are "about" equal and they only won 6-0... so consider that... but well done owls; way to bounce back from last night.

825619641[/snapback]

Several points:

One, Rhea County hasn't been "good" for several years.

Two, a scrimmage is just that.

Three, different days, different games. Walker Valley beat Sweetwater last night 16-1. Walker Valley beat Sweetwater tonight, 5-0.

Rhea is not that good, but a no-no is a no-no. Unless you're East Ridge talking it up like they did last night over HOWARD! :blink:

yeah and you make all good points grad...

like i mentioned somewhere earlier this week, it is hard to throw a no-no in high school baseball just b/c it is hard to not "miss" a pitch and locate it somewhere you don't need to...

... by the way... grad i need to talk to you about this weekend... i'm studying right now so i'll talk to you tomorrow...

At least we won are game opener unlike Ootewah GradfromtheNest and we havent balked yet and lost the game cause of that so i dont wanna here it go play with some other kids.

825619838[/snapback]

yeah im sure howard would have killed cookeville..they are much better competition, im looking for howard to compete for the region championship and move on to substate, they have a lot of great players that have been signing up to play recently, watch out for them they can sneak up on you

Not to take anything from Ooltewah, but it must be an off-year for Rhea County.  This is the same team Red Bank beat 22-0 in a scrimmage a week ago.

825619631[/snapback]

If I remember right. Red Bank did beat the Eagles 22-0. That was the second game of a double header. Rhea County beat them in the first game.

Several points:

One, Rhea County hasn't been "good" for several years.

Two, a scrimmage is just that.

Three, different days, different games.  Walker Valley beat Sweetwater last night 16-1.  Walker Valley beat Sweetwater tonight, 5-0.

Rhea is not that good, but a no-no is a no-no.  Unless you're East Ridge talking it up like they did last night over HOWARD!  :lol:

825619648[/snapback]

How can you say Rhea has not been good in several years. They were within a run of going to the state last year, losing in extra innings. Was it 2001 when they were also in sub state. Their district and region are always competetive. You can count on them being a well coached and descipled team. When districts roll around they will be ready.