Grace Christian, South Pittsburg, and Moore County

FridayMainEvent

Please try to work I something about the Bowl game at GCA. One team backed out and we need to play this game! The money raised will go to help the young man from Kingston with his medical bills!

Who is the remaining team?   You may check with the Whitwell coach and see if they are going to a bowl. 

Edit:  Apparently as long as they don't conflict with the playoff, they could play on a Saturday.

Schools that do not qualify for the play-offs may schedule an additional game, bringing the total number of games to 11. No member school shall schedule a game that conflicts with the play-off games.
Edited by rlh

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you can play a playoff game and a bowl game.   You have to be at least 500 on the season to qualify for a bowl, I believe. (not sure on that one) You'd likely have to go all the way up to 5A to find a team that meets both those criteria. 

GCA is just sponsoring a bowl game, not playing in one.  I mean, they are predicted to be one of the front-runners in the east for the 2a title.

RLH... your missing the first sentence..." schools that DO NOT QUALIFY for the playoffs may schedule bowl games....

That is why I suggested Whitwell for the bowl sponsored by GCA.  I thought only 1 of the schools had dropped out, but she never said who the remaining school was.

Edited by rlh

That is why I suggested Whitwell for the bowl sponsored by GCA.  I thought only 1 of the schools had dropped out, but she never said who the remaining school was.

What kind of mess is this?  That Barnhart man can not go to a bowl game.   The only bowl game is that Blue Cross bowl.  That Childress man will be real mad if he finds out that Barnhart man is playing extra games trying to practice for next year right now.  You think im joking but im not.