Dresden Lions against the Bulldogs of Gleason

ysoangry

Once again it's the Obion River rivalry. Dresden is finally play good football and Gleason has struggled a little more than I figured they would. One thing for sure is; Gleason will play their best football game of the year when they are against Dresden. Has Liggins came back from the shoulder injury? If not Dresden should roll, but I say that every year and we struggle mightily against them. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hevyrevy1611

imo Gleason has beat us on field last few games but sadly for them (glad for us) not on the scoreboard. Lions better be ready because Bulldogs will be for sure. I think we will be though. Hopefully Dresden gets a clear, overwhelming win this year, not a "miraculous" comeback we somehow pulled out of the hat.

Guest hevyrevy1611

It seems like regardless of how season going for the Bulldogs, when they play Dresden they get super-ized, they put on superman clothes or eat spinach or sumin, they usually come out and play the best they can. Lions underestimate them at their own peril. But I doubt that happens. Still... on any given gameday anything can happen. Injury free games is perpetual prayer & hope, and it'd be nice to see Lions win big, even allowing subs lotsa playing time. (Hey, I can hope can't I? Even if it's delusional, let me be happy in my own dreamworld.) :)

Guest hevyrevy1611

Dresden should get the w...I think the program is about to take an upswing

I hope so friend. These next two games will have a huge impact on our future imo, not just this one season. I think we'll do good though, we're peaking at right time and still have room to improve. We'll need to hit on all eight cylinders come playoff time. Future looking bright (for rest of this year and even with new TSSAA system coming next year, Lions gonna roar!).

I hope so friend. These next two games will have a huge impact on our future imo, not just this one season. I think we'll do good though, we're peaking at right time and still have room to improve. We'll need to hit on all eight cylinders come playoff time. Future looking bright (for rest of this year and even with new TSSAA system coming next year, Lions gonna roar!).

yes and I hope Coach Derrick comes back if he is comfortable and the school admin is comfortable

Guest hevyrevy1611

yes and I hope Coach Derrick comes back if he is comfortable and the school admin is comfortable

A little personal encouragement and "atta-boys" goes a long way, even for coaches. I text coach Rang at times (and other ones), complimenting & encouraging them, even in a loss. Wish I could afford it I'd even treat them to an occasional meal. Hope others do the same. It might even help keep a good staff here if any of them are getting the wanderlust bug. Perhaps these things would help them be comfortable in a strange, foreign land like Dresden that is not their home/ roots. Little things like that count imo.