6A, Quad 4 Projections

kwc

First off, I am Rooting for Melrose to beat White Station but I doubt they do. With that said, That could realistically be Whitehaven's Toughest game in the area. No disrespect to Houston or Arlington. White Station's familiarity is just troublesome to the Tigers.

I feel ya, but the more I think about it id rather we gone play Whitestation as soon as possible, I think we're ready this year and Im sure these seniors and coaches feel they have a score to settle with them. I want Melrose to win just cause I like their team this year and want them to being a better position for a good playoff run in 5a this year, although Im pulling for Ridgway to take it all!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel ya, but the more I think about it id rather we gone play Whitestation as soon as possible, I think we're ready this year and Im sure these seniors and coaches feel they have a score to settle with them. I want Melrose to win just cause I like their team this year and want them to being a better position for a good playoff run in 5a this year, although Im pulling for Ridgway to take it all!

Havengrad04, I understand where you are coming from. I also feel the same way about 5A. I think Ridgeway has everything they need to bring home the gold ball. I feel the same way about Trezevant in 4A. They have everything they need to bring home the gold ball. This year could really be special for the large public/D1 Memphis area high school football programs. We have teams poised for the post season like never before, as a collective group.

Edited by kwc

Havengrad04, I understand where you are coming from. I also feel the same way about 5A. I think Ridgeway has everything they need to bring home the gold ball. I feel the same way about Trezevant in 4A. They have everything they need to bring home the gold ball. This year could really be special for the large public/D1 Memphis area high school football programs. We have teams poised for the post season like never before, as a collective group.

IF those 3 schools make it to Cookeville I'll be jookin and Gangsta Walking ALL weekend long

IF those 3 schools make it to Cookeville I'll be jookin and Gangsta Walking ALL weekend long

LOL at 'Jookin' and 'Gansta Walkin'.

Do you remember a song that was written by a Whitehaven LB that they use to play on the loudspeakers at Whitehaven during games. I can't remember his name ... but I think he got a scholly to play ball at Colorado State. He wrote it recorded it and I think it got some 'airtime' on some of the Memphis radio stations. I don't remember the name of the song or any of the lyrics, but I remember everytime they played it the team got Really Really hyped up. It had some lyrics in it saying something about 'teams bumping their gums' and I think the hook was 'Respect the Haven!'. I'[ve aked some folks about it. but people just look at me like I'm crazy ... but I remember it was like the team's fight song almost. Do you remember what I'm talking about?

Edited by kwc

LOL at 'Jookin' and 'Gansta Walkin'.

Do you remember a song that was written by a Whitehaven LB that they use to play on the loudspeakers at Whitehaven during games. I can't remember his name ... but I think he got a scholly to play ball at Colorado State. He wrote it recorded it and I think it got some 'airtime' on some of the Memphis radio stations. I don't remember the name of the song or any of the lyrics, but I remember everytime they played it the team got Really Really hyped up. It had some lyrics in it saying something about 'teams bumping their gums' and I think the hook was 'Respect the Haven!'. I'[ve aked some folks about it. but people just look at me like I'm crazy ... but I remember it was like the team's fight song almost. Do you remember what I'm talking about?

Derrick Webb... He signed with Colorado and I believe recently graduated this Spring. He was at the East game. 

Havengrad04, I understand where you are coming from. I also feel the same way about 5A. I think Ridgeway has everything they need to bring home the gold ball. I feel the same way about Trezevant in 4A. They have everything they need to bring home the gold ball. This year could really be special for the large public/D1 Memphis area high school football programs. We have teams poised for the post season like never before, as a collective group.

I almost forgot about trezvant, I don't wanna get ahead of myself just yet but man o man they gone hate if 3 memphis teams make it to Cookeville!

Lol trust me, you won't b alone!... For the ignorant/uninformed people out there reading this gangsta walking is the memphis version of square dancing or whatever kinda crazy dance they do in other parts of the state to have fun. It has nothing to do with any type of literal gang affiliation. Senator I only mentioned that cause I remember you saying something bout Gangsta walking before on here and some dumas took it literally and started talking off the wall...Lol. But I don't think Cookeville ready for north memphis, east memphis and Whitehaven. Talk about a party of epic proportions!

I almost forgot about trezvant, I don't wanna get ahead of myself just yet but man o man they gone hate if 3 memphis teams make it to Cookeville!

I was hoping that Mitchell would have been situated better in 2A. I'm not sure what's happening there. I'm hoping that either Hillcrest or Mitchell can make a push this post season. I was also hoping that Manassas would do things in 3A. I never thought that any of the 2A or 3A favorites coming out of Memphis would make it to the championship game ... but I think they have a puncher's chance to make it to the quarters and possibly the semi's.

I was hoping that Mitchell would have been situated better in 2A. I'm not sure what's happening there. I'm hoping that either Hillcrest or Mitchell can make a push this post season. I was also hoping that Manassas would do things in 3A. I never thought that any of the 2A or 3A favorites coming out of Memphis would make it to the championship game ... but I think they have a puncher's chance to make it to the quarters and possibly the semi's.

BHS is also dating himself cause the Gansta Walk came out when ... late 80's early 90's?

That's him ... Derrick Webb. Now, do you remember the song I'm talking about?

Of course I remember the Song... Being from "the NEW Old School" while I was on the Staff I couldn't understand WHY they play the song DURING GAMES. I understood Pre-Game as well as playing it As the team ran on the field but I wanted to hear the BEST BAND in the LAND play during games lol

Of course I remember the Song... Being from "the NEW Old School" while I was on the Staff I couldn't understand WHY they play the song DURING GAMES. I understood Pre-Game as well as playing it As the team ran on the field but I wanted to hear the BEST BAND in the LAND play during games lol

Man ... you better quit messin wif my head ... what's the name of the dag gone song!

LOLOLOLOL.