6A, Quad 4 Projections

kwc

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If White Station wins against Melrose, that makes them the #2 in district correct? with win over central. First and second place district teams get seeding preference don't they?

It's not that simple in District 16. I think it goes down as follows:

If White Station wins and East wins, then East will be 2nd in disrict at 7-3, and White Station will be a wildcard just like Central, and Melrose. Since Central has a 7-3 record and White Station will have a 5-5 record, Central will get seeded higher in the 6A Quad because overall record comes before the district head-to-head match-ups when it comes to deciding play-off seeding.

If White Station wins and East loses, then White Station will be the runner-up with a 5-5 overall record, but they will only have two losses in district. East, Central, and Melrose will all be wildcards.

If White Station loses then Melrose will be the District 16 runner-up with an 8-2 record and White Station will more then likely miss the post season while East and Melrose will be wildcards.

I may be wrong, but I think that's how it works. There are still a lot of variables.

Edited by kwc

If White Station wins and East wins, then East will be 2nd in disrict at 7-3, and White Station will be a wildcard just like Central, and Melrose. Since Central has a 7-3 record and White Station will have a 5-5 record, Central will get seeded higher in the 6A Quad because overall record comes before the district head-to-head match-ups when it comes to deciding play-off seeding.

If White Station wins and East loses, then White Station will be the runner-up with a 5-5 overall record, but they will only have two losses in district. East, Central, and Melrose will all be wildcards.

If White Station loses then Melrose will be the District 16 runner-up with an 8-2 record and White Station will more then likely miss the post season while East and Melrose will be wildcards.

I may be wrong, but I think that's how it works. There are still a lot of variables.

This game has many impacts on both 6A seeding as well as 5A seeding. Folks in Henry County are very interested in how all of the games in Shelby and surrounding counties shake out. I think there are 5 teams out of the 8 that games this weekend will impact the seeding process. Will be very interesting...

Hoping for the Bolded, underlined scenario 

KWC, I believe you have it nailed down. The only thing that I would add is that if the playoffs started today, there would be 6 teams with 4 wins that get in. So I think that if a team gets to 5, more than likely they will earn a spot. Bartlett will beat Kingsbury and get to 5-5 and Cordova has a chance to beat Arlington to go 5-5. As far as the teams above them, Farragut and Germantown are the most likely to drop. Farragut has to play Maryville and Germantown can't get a fifth win because they played their 10th game last week. The two teams directly ahead of Bartlett and Cordova (Mt Juliet and Bradley Central) play 1-8 and 2-7 teams this week so you would think they would win those games.

Assuming White Station, Bartlett & Cordova all win, the quad could look like this:

1)Whitehaven vs 8)Cordova

4)White Station (if they finish in second place) vs  5)Central

3)Houston vs 6)Collierville

2)Arlington vs 7)Bartlett

If White Station is a wild card then:

4)Central vs 5)Collierville

3)Houston vs 6)White Station

Even if White Station loses they are a strong candidate to get in because of their strength of schedule. They are currently the highest rated of the 4 win teams and I think they would still get in the playoffs with a loss unless all of the 4 win teams below them all won and that isn't very likely. If Cordova doesn't win and they only send one team this way, it would have to be Independence simply for the fact that they are the next closest school to this area and they have sent them here numerous times before when there weren't enough teams to qualify.

Edited by MarkH

KWC, I believe you have it nailed down. The only thing that I would add is that if the playoffs started today, there would be 6 teams with 4 wins that get in. So I think that if a team gets to 5, more than likely they will earn a spot. Bartlett will beat Kingsbury and get to 5-5 and Cordova has a chance to beat Arlington to go 5-5. As far as the teams above them, Farragut and Germantown are the most likely to drop. Farragut has to play Maryville and Germantown can't get a fifth win because they played their 10th game last week. The two teams directly ahead of Bartlett and Cordova (Mt Juliet and Bradley Central) play 1-8 and 2-7 teams this week so you would think they would win those games.

Assuming White Station, Bartlett & Cordova all win, the quad could look like this:

Even if White Station loses they are a strong candidate to get in because of their strength of schedule. They are currently the highest rated of the 4 win teams and I think they would still get in the playoffs with a loss unless all of the 4 win teams below them all won and that isn't very likely. If Cordova doesn't win and they only send one team this way, it would have to be Independence simply for the fact that they are the next closest school to this area and they have sent them here numerous times before when there weren't enough teams to qualify.

It's going to be interesting, to say the least. It's no forgone conclusion that East beats Hamilton ... which being a District 16 game between two 5A teams ... the ramifications have a ripple effect that directly affects 6A. Cordova beating Arlinton is another outcome that has another ripple effect. All we can do is wait and see. One thing is for sure ... Quad 4 has about four or five alternative possibilities. Tonight starts the process with the Arlington/Cordova game.

Mark, based upon the Arlington/Cordova outcome from last night AND the fact that you stated above concerning Independence AND predicting that Whte Station beats Melrose, then we have the following scenerio:

Seed ... Record ... District ... P/O Seeding Decider ... Name of School

... 1 ...... 10-0 ........ 16 .................... D/W ................... Whitehaven

... 2 ...... . 8-2 ........ 14 .................... D/W ................... Arlington

... 3 ...... . 9-1 ........ 15 .................... R/U ................... Houston

... 4 ...... . 7-3 ........ 16 .................... W/C ................... Mem. Central

... 5 ...... . 7-3 ........ 15 .................... W/C ................... Collierville

... 6 ...... . 6-4 ........ 11 .................... W/C ................... Independence*

... 7 ...... . 5-5 ........ 16 .................... W/C ...................White Station

... 8 ...... . 5-5 ........ 14 .................... W/C ................... Bartlett

Rossview will be in Quad 3 making room for a 5-5 Bartlett team in Quad 4. However, a 5-5 Battlett team, who's SOC isn't as impressive as a 5-5 White Station team makes them, Bartlett, the lower seed. Which means the playoff brackets will look like this in the first round:

Top Half of Bracket in Quad 4

1) Whitehaven hosts 8) Bartlett

4) Mem. Central hosts 5) Collierville

Bottom Half of Bracket in Quad 4

3) Houston hosts 6) Independence*

2) Arlington hosts 7) White Station

IF White Station loses to Melrose then the following will likely happen:

1) Whitehaven hosts 8) White Station

4) Mem. Central hosts 5) Collierville

Bottom Half of QUad 4 Bracket

3)Houston hosts 6) Independence*

2) Arlington hosts 7) Bartlett

*= based upon projected final record and geographical location.

Edited by kwc

dannyq:

You know when I did the scenrios above I assumed that East would beat Hamilton. IF Hamilton beats East, based upon the Arlington/Cordova outcome from last night AND the fact that Independence will be pushed west. AND predicting that Whte Station beats Melrose, then we have the following scenerio:

Seed ... Record ... District ... P/O Seeding Decider ... Name of School

... 1 ...... 10-0 ........ 16 .................... D/W ................... Whitehaven

... 2 ...... . 8-2 ........ 14 .................... D/W ................... Arlington

... 3 ...... . 9-1 ........ 15 .................... R/U ................... Houston

... 4 ...... . 5-5 ........ 16 .................... R/U ................... White Station

... 5 ...... . 7-3 ........ 16 .................... W/C ................... Mem. Central

... 6 ...... . 7-3 ........ 15 .................... W/C ................... Collierville

... 7 ...... . 6-4 ........ 11 .................... W/C ................... Independence*

... 8 ...... . 5-5 ........ 14 .................... W/C ................... Bartlett

1) Whitehaven hosts 8) Bartlett

4) White Station  hosts 5) Mem. Central 

Bottom Half of Bracket in Quad 4

3) Houston hosts 6) Collierville

2) Arlington hosts 7) Independence*

IF East loses and White Station loses then the following will likely happen as stated earlier:

1) Whitehaven hosts 8) White Station

4) Mem. Central hosts 5) Collierville

Bottom Half of QUad 4 Bracket

3)Houston hosts 6) Independence*

2) Arlington hosts 7) Bartlett

*= based upon projected final record and geographical location.

Edited by kwc