Whitwell Football

GeorgeWBush

I didn't say that. Then again your reading comprehension hasn't improved much since you went by Purple Patsy, Pillsbury or whatever it was. However, I will write it out in Crayola for you. I don't think Coach Helton is going to be coaching for 2nd Place. Furthermore, Copper Pan has beaten both S.P. and Jasper in recent years. It isn't a good idea to overlook anyone.

I never went by another name brainy. I, unlike you, do not attempt to hide behind a screen name.

I never went by another name brainy. I, unlike you, do not attempt to hide behind a screen name.

Its more about keeping private and professional life separate as much as possible.  It has nothing to do with being afraid of you. 

No. They lost three great backs this year. May be decent in two or three more years, depending on if they decide to have a passing game, and if their players dont leave.

That would have been a good post to begin with instead of the backhanded digs. 

Edited by rlh

Its more about keeping private and professional life separate as much as possible. It has nothing to do with being afraid of you.

That would have been a good post to begin with instead of the backhanded digs.

Im nothing to be afraid of, didnt mean it like that mr professional.....lol. your horse has some tall legs pal. I think i did kind of start like that if i remember correctly.

All I can say is that I am so proud of the Tigers, coaches, players, and administration. This has been a work in progress for the community. If people have a problem with the program step up and do something about it or shut up. Remember the old saying say something good or nothing at all. the facilities are as good as I have ever seen them. The pride is back and that should make the school year run much better if you can enter the mind of a 15 or 16 year old kid.

I remember being laughed at by players, students, and teachers when I went to Whitwell and said we will be good again. Graduation rate was less than 50%. Whitwell had the longest loosing streak in the state. We worked the piss out of our players 5 days a week and won a region championship the second year with a program changing win over Boyd Bucs. What was amazing to me as the season went on it was like class reunions, people were crawling out of the wood work with many sporting leatherman jackets. Students began coming to school, build and trades repared things that students had vandalized. Kids began to understand what hard work can do for you. They began to believe! Whitwell is on high ground right now. They have left it all on the field. Like Butch Jones told me negativity is like a desease. The cure is to remain positive. let's keep supporting these Tigers,and even though you think you may not be a part of it you are the one throwing an ankor to someone drowning it, or someone throwing a rope to save it.

Go Tigers!

Edited by possum

They wont, they lost three of their big time backs. They have a couple of young ones that are pretty good, but the past two years should have been a lot better imo. You know butch jones personally possum?

Well I have spoke with him, and while coaching in Florida I have spoke with recruiting personal about potential athletes in Florida. I have coached against probably 20 kids that had already committed to D1 schools. So, other than that I really do not know him personally that well. But, I do understand the process.