Rhea County Off Season

EaglePride1

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not quite sure, but he should be a good replacement for Noel. As for the QB situation, there are many factors at work. Braxton is looking like the starter if he sticks with football, but there is also Seth Stulce. He did not play this season due to personal reasons, but rumors around the program say he could make a return for his senior year. He was 2nd string behind Dotson when he took over the job mid-season 2014, and seemed to look better developed as a QB compared to Braxton. He would still have to work for it, but he could be a contender. Zach Pemberton was the main QB for the JV team, but Hayden Frazier got a lot of snaps in JV games after Pemberton was injured. There are also members of the team that are not in the QB position, but have experience at QB and could fill that role.

My mistake, I thought you were saying that Prigmore would be playing QB. Regardless happy to hear we will have a capable player at WR.

My mistake, I thought you were saying that Prigmore would be playing QB. Regardless happy to hear we will have a capable player at WR.

I understand. It was my mistake for not clarifying his position. However, I share your joy about having a good replacement for such a playmaker as Noel. Having that deep threat is a big factor for allowing success in the run aspect of our offense and it noticeably hurt the team when that was removed due to defenses being able to stack the box since there was no threat of a long passing game.

• 3 weeks later...

Any truth to the rumor that your HC is being heavily considered by Riverdale? I love bragging about how good the coaching is in our district, so I'd honestly hate to lose him. I figured I'd bring it up here since no one was biting on the Riverdale thread.

Also, congratulations on the players that signed to play college ball. I honesty think all three are talented enough to play at a higher level, but will be immediate stars with the schools they chose.

Coach Pemberton has a reputation of not staying places long, but I haven't heard anything about him leaving for Riverdale or any other school yet. He is certainly qualified but he is committed to the old school WingT, and while Riverdale won back in the 90's running the same offense under Gary Rankin, I don't know if the current Riverdale fan base would go for such a "conservative" style of offense. You never know, could be in the works. Lets hope not.