Class A - Region 2

VFL44

GB baseball won't be no joke these next few years! That sophomore class ain't nothing to joke with on the diamond. But let's talk about how great of a series this Harriman Grace basketball matchup has been, not just this year but over the years altogether. A lot of really good basketball has been played between the two, and tonight was a good one to top it off. Proud of our guys for bringing that extra effort for 4 entire quarters. We're a scary team when we bring the intensity we brought tonight and play together. It was a full team effort. I'm gonna say this though, and not cause his dad gets on here and talks and stuff, but 41 from Grace needed the ball in his hands more tonight. He was on fire. I hate to see this rivalry go, but I loooooove to watch them leave.

RESPECT 👊ðŸ»

I told my son with about 5 minutes to go that the only way Grace was going to win is if Arnold scores 20 down the stretch. The way he was playing it was possible. 

Grace is a tough team, but i said before the game Harriman was a team with no pressure on them and I thought they would win. The pressure was beating Meigs Tuesday, and no matter what happened tonight they were playing Monday. I think Harriman played loose and free, and the result was a great showing.

I wouldn't be surprised if both teams win Monday and I could see either team making a run to the title game in Murfreesboro. I think Humboldt is the favorite from here on out, but I like Harriman's or Grace's chances against any other team left.

Edited by goosevol

I told my son with about 5 minutes to go that the only way Grace was going to win is if Arnold scores 20 down the stretch. The way he was playing it was possible.

Grace is a tough team, but i said before the game Harriman was a team with no pressure on them and I thought they would win. The pressure was beating Meigs Tuesday, and no matter what happened tonight they were playing Monday. I think Harriman played loose and free, and the result was a great showing.

I wouldn't be surprised if both teams win Monday and I could see either team making a run to the title game in Murfreesboro. I think Humboldt is the favorite from here on out, but I like Harriman's or Grace's chances against any other team left.

Totally agree! You could tell the pressure was on Tuesday night and it was a different story tonight. However I don't think either team wants to run into Tyreke Key if they make it to state

This girl is excited about GB baseball! Now about the bigger round ball......congrats to Harriman for finally getting it done! I always root for the underdog so this win for the Blue Devils makes for a great sports moment. It is hard to beat a team what 4 times? Harriman was due (somebody should have told that to the Lady Vols today....my how they miss Pat!) Now that this game is over I am a GCA and Harriman fan the rest of the way! Go make District 3 proud and finish this run! Can't wait to tell both my sons about "Slim" suiting up on the diamond! 6'2 is hard to compete with 6'7 on the hard court without some fancy maneuvering and then it's still a hardship because he's so darn smart too, lol! But facing him on the mound I like our chances a little better. No disrespect but a good, smart batter can battle Goliath on the mound. Hunter will be glad to see him again on the dirt. He has a lot of respect for him and will love to battle him on a more even playing field.

This girl is excited about GB baseball! Now about the bigger round ball......congrats to Harriman for finally getting it done! I always root for the underdog so this win for the Blue Devils makes for a great sports moment. It is hard to beat a team what 4 times? Harriman was due (somebody should have told that to the Lady Vols today....my how they miss Pat!) Now that this game is over I am a GCA and Harriman fan the rest of the way! Go make District 3 proud and finish this run! Can't wait to tell both my sons about "Slim" suiting up on the diamond! 6'2 is hard to compete with 6'7 on the hard court without some fancy maneuvering and then it's still a hardship because he's so darn smart too, lol! But facing him on the mound I like our chances a little better. No disrespect but a good, smart batter can battle Goliath on the mound. Hunter will be glad to see him again on the dirt. He has a lot of respect for him and will love to battle him on a more even playing field.

started a baseball thread since there is some interest from regular posters!

Totally agree! You could tell the pressure was on Tuesday night and it was a different story tonight. However I don't think either team wants to run into Tyreke Key if they make it to state

Key is an absolute stud! However top to bottom I think us or Grace would stand a good chance against him. He is great don't get me wrong, but when he's going up against 5 great players it's going to be tough for him to beat them by his self. You can rest assured the gameplan for whoever draws Clay County will be specifically to take Key out of the ball game! The kid is definitely a special talent and deserves all the credit he's got!

For all the struggles that Greenback baseball has had over the past decade I'm sincerely happy to see them having success! When the Cherokees are relevant it's great for district 3! Harriman shouldn't be bad this year as well. I don't think Harriman will finish in the top 2 of the district but they've got the talent to at least compete and pull an upset or two. Of course I would like to see them shock the district and finish in the top 2 of the district tournament but with the talent that Grace, GB, and Meigs have it's just not likely. I think a very very good year for the Blue Devils would be a third place finish this year. As far as Greenback goes I would not be a bit surprised if the Cherokees make some noise in Murfreesboro!! That team has all the pieces and the talent to put together a deep run in Murfreesboro!!

For all the struggles that Greenback baseball has had over the past decade I'm sincerely happy to see them having success! When the Cherokees are relevant it's great for district 3! Harriman shouldn't be bad this year as well. I don't think Harriman will finish in the top 2 of the district but they've got the talent to at least compete and pull an upset or two. Of course I would like to see them shock the district and finish in the top 2 of the district tournament but with the talent that Grace, GB, and Meigs have it's just not likely. I think a very very good year for the Blue Devils would be a third place finish this year. As far as Greenback goes I would not be a bit surprised if the Cherokees make some noise in Murfreesboro!! That team has all the pieces and the talent to put together a deep run in Murfreesboro!!

You know baseball is just one of those sports where if you have some timely hitting and go deep enough pitching wise you can steal a win on any given night. Often times the better team doesn't win. The thing about baseball is what type of games you string together at the right time in post season. A lot of individual performance in the batter's box at the right time and a lot of coaching adjustments at the right time when it comes to when to pull a pitcher, when to DH, when to steal. Shoot here I have gone and started baseball talk on the basketball board again! Sorry, but thanks SportsWriter! It should be a fun season! Good luck Monday! Edited by ladykee

You know baseball is just one of those sports where if you have some timely hitting and go deep enough pitching wise you can steal a win on any given night. Often times the better team doesn't win. The thing about baseball is what type of games you string together at the right time in post season. A lot of individual performance in the batter's box at the right time and a lot of coaching adjustments at the right time when it comes to when to pull a pitcher, when to DH, when to steal. Shoot here I have gone and started baseball talk on the basketball board again! Sorry, but thanks SportsWriter! It should be a fun season! Good luck Monday!

couldn't have said it better myself!! Look forward to seeing your guys play at harriman this season!!