Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Cordova at Houston - Week 10

• Please log in to reply
    11 replies to this topic

#1 kwc

kwc

Most Valuable Player

• Members
    • 6,133 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:00 AM

Cordova is the favorite in this game. However, they have to be careful as well because this has TRAP GAME written all over it. Both Whitehaven and Cordova can't afford to be looking ahead to next week's showdown and not give this week's opponents the attention they deserve.

kwc
    2016 Class 6A State Champions, 2015 Class 6A Semi-finalist, 2014 Class 6A Semi-finalist2013 Class 6A Quarter-finalist, 2012 Class 6A State Champions, 2011 Class 6A State Runner-up, 2010 Class 6A Semi-finalist, 2009 Class 6A Quarterfinalist

#2 BlackHavenSenator

BlackHavenSenator

Record Holder

• Members
    • 3,577 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:14 PM

B L O W O U T
    on deck

I BLEED BLACK AND GOLD... Former Player, Coach, but ALWAYS The Senator 2012, 2016 6A STATE CHAMPIONS... RESPECT DA HAVEN

#3 kwc

kwc

Most Valuable Player

• Members
    • 6,133 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:13 AM

B L O W O U T
    on deck

That's the standard way of thinking. Houston's passing game is pretty decent. It could be a decent game.

I don't know if I believe that, but i thought I would throw that out there. Where are my Cordova posters? What do you guys think?

kwc
    2016 Class 6A State Champions, 2015 Class 6A Semi-finalist, 2014 Class 6A Semi-finalist2013 Class 6A Quarter-finalist, 2012 Class 6A State Champions, 2011 Class 6A State Runner-up, 2010 Class 6A Semi-finalist, 2009 Class 6A Quarterfinalist

#4 Cordova901

Cordova901

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 32 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:51 AM

I would never predict a blowout because we are dealing with teenagers. Houston is 4-1 in the region and highly improved from earlier in the year. Cordova needs to stay focused on this game which I believe coach jones and his staff will do then it won't be a trap game. This game is huge for seeding in the playoffs and Cordova can't have a let down like the end of last year and end up third in the region but it's at Houston and we know how calls go out there so Cordova needs to focus and take care of business which I believe they will

#5 kwc

kwc

Most Valuable Player

• Members
    • 6,133 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:37 AM

I would never predict a blowout because we are dealing with teenagers. Houston is 4-1 in the region and highly improved from earlier in the year. Cordova needs to stay focused on this game which I believe coach jones and his staff will do then it won't be a trap game. This game is huge for seeding in the playoffs and Cordova can't have a let down like the end of last year and end up third in the region but it's at Houston and we know how calls go out there so Cordova needs to focus and take care of business which I believe they will

So, I have Dragonmaster over in the Whitehaven/Collierville thread talking about how they (Collierville) don't ever get any calls. Then I had to 'one up him' with the incedent with our HC being ejected from the Germantown game because of shirt tails ... yeah, you read that correctly ... shirt tails. (He had to sit out the entire game following that game) Now you want to say that the refs favor Houston? Or are you sayin' that the ref's just find ways to throw flags against Cordova? Which is it? ...  :?:

kwc

#6 Cordova901

Cordova901

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 32 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:19 PM

I heard about those ejections and that was ridiculous. I am saying unfortunately there are certain places and teams that seems to get calls at their homes that others don't. All refs are not this way but I definitely agree with the white hat controlling the game and unfortunately teams have to adjust to that. In the end the officials have never changed a call by arguing with them and players and coaches have to adjust. I do believe the city schools get less calls then the old county schools. Over the years it's changed at Cordova from being a county school to a city school but I'm sure most teams feel they never get calls. At the end you play through it because every once in awhile that call will go your way.

#7 Cordova901

Cordova901

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 32 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:19 PM

Sorry about the repost

Edited by Cordova901, 18 October 2016 - 07:23 PM.

#8 Cordova901

Cordova901

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 32 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:20 PM

Didn't mean to repost sorry

Edited by Cordova901, 18 October 2016 - 07:22 PM.

#9 BlackHavenSenator

BlackHavenSenator

Record Holder

• Members
    • 3,577 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:22 PM

If Cordova doesn't get a running clock on Houston I know wassup

I BLEED BLACK AND GOLD... Former Player, Coach, but ALWAYS The Senator 2012, 2016 6A STATE CHAMPIONS... RESPECT DA HAVEN

#10 pigskinred

pigskinred

Trainer

• Validating
    • 154 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:55 AM

So, I have Dragonmaster over in the Whitehaven/Collierville thread talking about how they (Collierville) don't ever get any calls. Then I had to 'one up him' with the incedent with our HC being ejected from the Germantown game because of shirt tails ... yeah, you read that correctly ... shirt tails. (He had to sit out the entire game following that game) Now you want to say that the refs favor Houston? Or are you sayin' that the ref's just find ways to throw flags against Cordova? Which is it? ...  :?:

Sounds about right. Refs here are more worried about shirt tails and width of eyeblack than calling the game properly! And I can tell you refs don't favor Houston. Not saying they favor other teams, but there have been some interesting calls.

Spirit Style Chooser: