A-AA State Championships .............

rodteague

I would have liked to have seen the outcome of the baiamonte vs diviney with out the bs stalling tactics. Baiamonte ripping his own headgear off and acting like there was an issue with it twice, then looking for his contact twice. He won on points but a true 3-2 minute rounds of no interruptions of actual wrestling. I think someone else would be in that spot this morning!

no doubt bout it.....butt its part of wrestlin and depends on the ref.....it aint called stallin if your on the winnin side

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any reasonable adult would understand where you are coming from on your comment. I questioned myself many times this weekend on what my understanding of stalling was, but it is what it is. I'm sure people will take my comment as a shot at the kid but it's not. These kids for the most part go out and fight with the integrity that they are taught by their coaches. Some coaches teach kids to use the rules to their advantage, i and most of the coaches and parents I know are against anything that can be viewed as dishonest. I do however see the same schools over and over throughout the years with kids that as their in danger of being pinned or gassing out seem as they are hurt, match is stopped they get a little break, start back like nothing ever happened. I don't see it happen in most schools, just certain ones. You all see it, you can't deny it! Losing contacts twice in a match, headgear malfunctions twice in a match, running of the mat crying in the middle of a match, twice. Then the other kid catches the stalling calls.

I would have liked to have seen the outcome of the baiamonte vs diviney with out the bs stalling tactics. Baiamonte ripping his own headgear off and acting like there was an issue with it twice, then looking for his contact twice. He won on points but a true 3-2 minute rounds of no interruptions of actual wrestling. I think someone else would be in that spot this morning!

Stalling should be called quick, this would fix the slow down game of the match. If its coached , you can look to see if one is backpedaling to edge of mat constantly.  usually putting up force right at edge, expect a circle in shot..they do this so if the shots no good they on edge of mat and can go out of bounds quickly to reset the match. Over my years ive seen 2 of Tenessees most dominate teams get win after win using this tactic,..the refs need to pace the matches better

Or just be consistent with it!! Most inconsistent call in wrestling. One guy working while the other is backpedaling is frustrating as can be. Watched same ref in 3 matches yesterday call stalling with 5 seconds or less left. What good does that do for the kid working his tail off. None resets with 5 seconds left. Oh thank you!! Then watch other refs call it as it should be called to benefit the kid working. Luck of the draw I guess, but luck of the draw should NOT decide the outcome of a boys season long work!!

It was still some of the best wrestling if seen in a while. I saw several that didn't wrestle to their capabilities but I didn't see any that didn't deserve to be there! Hope they all are ok today and wish all those young men and women the best life has to offer! Bobcat dad get that boy healed up so next year region 3 can turn him loose on the others.

Or just be consistent with it!! Most inconsistent call in wrestling. One guy working while the other is backpedaling is frustrating as can be. Watched same ref in 3 matches yesterday call stalling with 5 seconds or less left. What good does that do for the kid working his tail off. None resets with 5 seconds left. Oh thank you!! Then watch other refs call it as it should be called to benefit the kid working. Luck of the draw I guess, but luck of the draw should NOT decide the outcome of a boys season long work!!

call in the LYNCH MOB 😂 I couldn't resist