Brentwood/Oak Ridge 1st round AAA State Tournament

SweetScience

I really wish our fans would stop predicting wins. Let's just see how the game ends up before we make ourselves look like idiots.

Who knew we would shoot like this? We will get on fire this half and still win big. There are really only three good teams here...us, East, and Southwind. I'm talking about teams capable of winning it all.

I remember Memphis East losing to Brentwood two years ago (2014-2015) when Alex Lomax and TJ Moss were freshman. That's the year the Hamilton won it all with Chanlder Lawson's two older brothers. They beat East in the semi-final game. I remember watching that game and thinking about how the Brentwood coach out coached the East coach. He 'Mike Krzyzewski'd' him. It was a work of beauty. What do I mean when I say that he Mike Krzyewsji'd him? He knew that he couldn't match up man per man with East, even at that time as freshman, TJ Moss and Alex Lomax were eating the Brentwood guards for lunch. So, the coach for Brentwood took tha air out of the ball and it frustrated the East team. Even then, East was still winning, until mid-fourth quarter ... then the Brentwood coach did his magic. He had his players to allow the guards to drive and he had the front court to get in the lane and draw charges. Forget trying to stop them from driving. Brentwood couldn't. So, they went zone, and took charges for the rest of the game.

It worked. The East players got frustrated and the East coach didn't adjust.

He's a crafty fellow. Smart coach.

Edited by kwc

I assume OR will hold on for the win being up 4 start of 4th but if they do win and play like this Saturday East will skull drag them. Brentwood has tons of open shots do to lazy man defense by the guards but they just didn't fall.

They better think Higgins if they win because he is the only one who has showed up to play today.

Edited by Shozen

I remember Memphis East losing to Brentwood two years ago (2014-2015) when Alex Lomax and TJ Moss were freshman. That's the year the Hamilton won it all with Chanlder Lawson's two older brothers. They beat East in the semi-final game. I remember watching that game and thinking about how the Brentwood coach out coached the East coach. He 'Mike Krzyzewski'd' him. It was a work of beauty. What do I mean when I say that he Mike Krzyewsji'd him? He knew that he couldn't match up man per man with East, even at that time as freshman, TJ Moss and Alex Lomax were eating the Brentwood guards for lunch. So, the coach for Brentwood took tha air out of the ball and it frustrated the East team. Even then, East was still winning, until mid-fourth quarter ... then the Brentwood coach did his magic. He had his players to allow the guards to drive and he had the front court to get in the lane and draw charges. Forget trying to stop them from driving. Brentwood couldn't. So, they went zone, and took charges for the rest of the game.

I remember that. I actually believe that Brentwood has a different coach now but I could be wrong

I remember Memphis East losing to Brentwood two years ago (2014-2015) when Alex Lomax and TJ Moss were freshman. That's the year the Hamilton won it all with Chanlder Lawson's two older brothers. They beat East in the semi-final game. I remember watching that game and thinking about how the Brentwood coach out coached the East coach. He 'Mike Krzyzewski'd' him. It was a work of beauty. What do I mean when I say that he Mike Krzyewsji'd him? He knew that he couldn't match up man per man with East, even at that time as freshman, TJ Moss and Alex Lomax were eating the Brentwood guards for lunch. So, the coach for Brentwood took tha air out of the ball and it frustrated the East team. Even then, East was still winning, until mid-fourth quarter ... then the Brentwood coach did his magic. He had his players to allow the guards to drive and he had the front court to get in the lane and draw charges. Forget trying to stop them from driving. Brentwood couldn't. So, they went zone,

and took charges for the rest of the game.

I remember how Memphis East won last year. BA secured the defensive rebound & game should have been Over,kid dribbled it off his foot & East picked it up for a layup. Never over until it's over. Anything can happen at that level, lots of good players & usually good Coaching.

I do say so. Tee's dunk will jump start us. These are the only games that matter or that have been competitive. Memphis has better teams that are at home than are in this tournament

East would have beat OR today by 30 if they play/played like this vs them.

Edited by Shozen