Region 7 5A

Lol u can tell u haven't seen much.

Or maybe he HAS seen much. (Like the final 4 games of last season.)

I love the optimism and i also expect HC to be better this year and have better results, however passing has not been a strong point of HC offense for a long time. Even in very successful years. The QB is a super athlete and can be dangerous running the ball. I think he can throw enough to keep them honest, but i dont think HC will hurt people throwing the ball.

Another big reason i think HC will have better results will be the absence of Brentwood and Centenniel. 

Looking forward to this season

GO BIG RED

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the optimism and i also expect HC to be better this year and have better results, however passing has not been a strong point of HC offense for a long time. Even in very successful years. The QB is a super athlete and can be dangerous running the ball. I think he can throw enough to keep them honest, but i dont think HC will hurt people throwing the ball.

Another big reason i think HC will have better results will be the absence of Brentwood and Centenniel.

GO BIG RED

I understand where u are coming from but remember henry county went down big early to brentwood and centennial which made us throw the ball more and that's something we haven't done well. Everybody knows we are a run dominant offense. I think a lot of the bad throws at the end of last year was just forcing the issue. If we can establish the run and throw the ball occasionally that's when we are at our most dangerous. I do have to say good luck this year to anybody who think they can stop this henry county offense this year. From what I have seen early on this could be a outstanding offense. Just hope the defense can do enough for us

GO BIG RED

Be that as it may, the QB is a better than fair passer. 

hmmm. I dont know coach Shelby or any of the coaches on a personal level but here's my insight. CHS will likely end up around 5-5 they do have a big and strong online but skill player wise I dont see them matching up with anyone and maybe i'm wrong.

Henry county will be good as always but they have some issues at QB and with that being a problem there vulnerable.

Northeast will be pretty good and will give the best challenge to dethrone HC. they will have the best skill players in the region.

Northwest I think is really tricky because there oline seems to be very small and outside of they great WR they have I dont know what more they can do.

Westcreek is still trying to build and not looking like a challenge to anyone but are returning a big senior class so we should see there.

Dyer county I know nothing about!

Pretty good assessment.

But you have to realize Henry County dominates Clarksville Schools because of their size and strength in the trenches. It is a product of their year round commitment to a program, and it gives an advantage to anyone they put behind center or in the backfield.

Hopefully (because of their lines), CHS will be able to play 4 quarters of football with them this year.

For the person that said I dont watch much HC. hmm more like breaking down film on them if you get my drift! And I stand firmly by my statement the QB can't throw, but they are head above shoulders of everyone else in the region.

He has made a few throws that has been really impressive and that's a fact!! He is no big time Passer no but to say he is worst in the region I doubt that. But then again the running game will probably be stout enough shouldn't have to throw much. So it's all good brother big red football should be OK this year.

With all due respect, there is no way Clarksville high finishes 2nd in this region. Northeast and Northwest will mop the field with them. There are no guaranteed wins in this region for them.

Here are my random, bias, unsubstantiated pre-season predictions.

Henry County  7-3     Back to the top now that Centennial is Gone

Clarksville        7-3      They will rebound back to the top of Clarksville

Northeast        6-4      Tons of talent and new coach that should move  forward

Northwest        5-5      Good team moving in the right direction, welcome back to 5A

Dyer County    5-5      Unknown, so I just put them right in the middle

West Creek     3-7      Should move forward under 2nd year coach

Kenwood         2-8      Lots of challenges, Lost their D1 RB and Coach

There is no way on the green earth CHS finishes second in that region. Obviously you seem like a big time supporter of them, but come on. I agree with Ole Wildcat. This coaching regime has tarnished this program.  

The Clarksville vs. Springfield game (Wk. 2) will be a pretty awesome atmosphere.

This is one of the oldest rivalries in the state and it will be the first game in Springfield’s brand new stadium.

Whats your thoughts on the Rossview/CHS game Pilgrim?