• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Southtowner

TSSAA Important Football Dates 2017

Southtowner    232
Dead Period ................................................June 25 - July 8, 2017

Can Start Practice in Helmets & Shoulder Pads ....... July 17, 2017

First Practice Date in Pads ....................................... July 24, 2017

First Contest Date .................................................... Aug. 18, 2017

Deadline to File Eligibility & Schedules .................... Aug. 18, 2017

DI & DII 1st Round ...................................................... Nov. 3, 2017

DI 2nd Round & DII Quarterfinals ............................. Nov. 10, 2017

DI Quarterfinals & DII Semifinals ............................. Nov. 18, 2016***

DI Semifinals ........................................................... Nov. 24, 2017

DI 1A, 3A, 5A BlueCross Bowl ................................. Nov. 30, 2017

DI 2A, 4A, 6A BlueCross Bowl ................................... Dec. 1, 2017

DII BlueCross Bowl .................................................... Dec. 2, 2017

Dead Period ............................................... June 24 – July 7, 2018 

Here are some important dates but you prolly already know.

I thought the TSSAA was gonna rotate (forward) the Blue Cross Bowls for each class starting this year. According to these dates I found on their website they moved 1A, 3A, 5A to Thursday.  Moved Class 2A, 4A and 6A to the Friday game slots this year and gave DII the Saturday games. 

That means the 4 year cycle will look like this:

Class 1,3,5A will get  Thursday,  Friday,  Saturday then another Thursday Blue Cross Bowl date.

Class 2,4,6A will get Friday, Saturday, Thursday then another Friday date.

DII will get Saturday, Thursday, Friday then another Saturday date.

***Also, it's showing DI having to play their quarterfinals on Nov. 18, 2016. I assume that should be Nov. 17, 2017.

Just something to chat about maybe.... I'm bored.

2017-18 TSSAA SPORTS CALENDAR FOOTBALL 

Edited by Southtowner

Southtowner    232

Here is an excerpt from their special called meeting minutes in July 2016.

The Board voted to rotate which football championship games are played on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday – three games each day.
Division II will be on Thursday in 2016, Friday in 2017, etc. . .

TheAmbassador    165

Does this mean 1A still gets the first game on Thursday? They should rotate it where all divisions get a chance to play under the lights at least every other year.

Edited by TheAmbassador

Roy Dillard    126

Dead Period ................................................June 25 - July 8, 2017

Can Start Practice in Helmets & Shoulder Pads ....... July 17, 2017

First Practice Date in Pads ....................................... July 24, 2017

First Contest Date .................................................... Aug. 18, 2017

Deadline to File Eligibility & Schedules .................... Aug. 18, 2017

DI & DII 1st Round ...................................................... Nov. 3, 2017

DI 2nd Round & DII Quarterfinals ............................. Nov. 10, 2017

DI Quarterfinals & DII Semifinals ............................. Nov. 18, 2016***

DI Semifinals ........................................................... Nov. 24, 2017

DI 1A, 3A, 5A BlueCross Bowl ................................. Nov. 30, 2017

DI 2A, 4A, 6A BlueCross Bowl ................................... Dec. 1, 2017

DII BlueCross Bowl .................................................... Dec. 2, 2017

Dead Period ............................................... June 24 – July 7, 2018 

Here are some important dates but you prolly already know.

I thought the TSSAA was gonna rotate (forward) the Blue Cross Bowls for each class starting this year. According to these dates I found on their website they moved 1A, 3A, 5A to Thursday.  Moved Class 2A, 4A and 6A to the Friday game slots this year and gave DII the Saturday games. 

That means the 4 year cycle will look like this:

Class 1,3,5A will get  Thursday,  Friday,  Saturday then another Thursday Blue Cross Bowl date.

Class 2,4,6A will get Friday, Saturday, Thursday then another Friday date.

DII will get Saturday, Thursday, Friday then another Saturday date.

***Also, it's showing DI having to play their quarterfinals on Nov. 18, 2016. I assume that should be Nov. 17, 2017.

Just something to chat about maybe.... I'm bored.

2017-18 TSSAA SPORTS CALENDAR FOOTBALL 

http://tssaa.org/wp-content/uploads/SportsCalendar/2017FBCalendar.pdf

Southtowner I garuntee you should send a copy of this Childress mans rules to them fellars around the jailhouse so the cant plead ignorance of them Childress mans rules anymore. You think im joking but im not.

• Upvote 1

Southtowner    232

Does this mean 1A still gets the first game on Thursday? They should rotate it where all divisions get a chance to play under the lights at least every other year.

1A will always get the shaft.   According to the TSSAA minutes DII was to be on Friday this year. That means 1A, 3A, and 5A would have been on Saturday.  Instead they rotate the games in the opposite direction.  

Southtowner    232

Splitting DII into 3 classes added an extra game and forced the 3 games on Thursday, which I do not like.   

DII should get their own weekend.  Play a week before DI does.  Why wait 2 weeks to play?

TheAmbassador    165

DII should get their own weekend. Play a week before DI does. Why wait 2 weeks to play?

That would make too much sense and we know the TSSAA doesn't ever make much sense.

howdoitknow    23

This is perfect. Now I know for sure I'll watch the SEC title game this year. D2 gets that time slot. I'm glad D-I is Thursday and Friday. I wish it would stay this way.

FreeAgent11    64

1A will always get the shaft.   According to the TSSAA minutes DII was to be on Friday this year. That means 1A, 3A, and 5A would have been on Saturday.  Instead they rotate the games in the opposite direction.  

Your original post had DII on Saturday.   I assuming this post meant to say DII will be on Friday [NEXT] year.