All Time Maryville Team

GhostofGQ

lots of good'ins already listed-who was the kid that played d-end and had all the qb sacks in the late 90's or early 2000's? it's Dennis N.'s nephew if that helps-can't remember the kids name but he was a wreckin machine at DE!!

one that hasn't been listed and has to be mentioned is Troy Hodge-what a threat as a rb, db and returner!!!

hope everybody in murvil is doing well!! we are Blessed in Boone!!

1 hour ago, coachspanky said:

lots of good'ins already listed-who was the kid that played d-end and had all the qb sacks in the late 90's or early 2000's? it's Dennis N.'s nephew if that helps-can't remember the kids name but he was a wreckin machine at DE!!

one that hasn't been listed and has to be mentioned is Troy Hodge-what a threat as a rb, db and returner!!!

hope everybody in murvil is doing well!! we are Blessed in Boone!!

Hey spank..........Ere ewe talkin' abowt Dwight Wood.....???

Troy wuz a terror on tha feeled......Hiz ingree inn tha laist regular season gaim inn '84 cost us anuthur Gold Bawl imo.......:thumb:

1 hour ago, STARSNBARS said:

Hey spank..........Ere ewe talkin' abowt Dwight Wood.....???

Troy wuz a terror on tha feeled......Hiz ingree inn tha laist regular season gaim inn '84 cost us anuthur Gold Bawl imo.......:thumb:

i don't think that's his name-his uncle is Dennis (Newroth? total sp!!!)

totally agree with the statement about Troy-Marion County wouldn't have stopped Troy and Troy wouldn't have gotten burned on the last play of the 1st half-we missed him so bad!!! along with all of our other wounded.................some losses are very hard to forget!!

there's a ton of other Red Rebels that still haven't been named like Ricky Maples, Rick Armfield, Ryan Gertz, David Reed, etc......

can't wait to see how this year goes-wrong thread-my bad

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:03 PM, REBELRON said:

Gallon had 6 sacks against Knox Central in 2002.  That was huge. Coming into that game Maryville was #1 Central #2. Maryville had several starters out that game. Without Carl Stewart and Drew Galyons effort Maryville loses that game.

Hey Ron how do remember all this worthless garbage???  I can't find my car in the morning in my own driveway !!!!  you must be a dadgum genius!!!!

On 7/24/2017 at 4:37 PM, rebels said:

Best team?? I kind of like the 1998 boys. In particular the dubbing of Wm Blount comes to mind. Not because of the score, but because of the newspaper coverage of Wm Blount that week. WB  was invincible, they were pictured if I remember correctly around a military vehicle with bands of bullets One young man who I will keep nameless came onto the filed to receive the kick off sprouting two middle fingers as he took his position. He received the opening kick off only to fumble the ball which MHS recovered. Coach Hammondtree did not let up until the very last minutes of that game. Final Score MHS 65 Wm Blount 7. No mercy rule back then. Talking to Hammondtree way back then and he felt his team had be slighted and he used that article to full advantage. The elizabethton game was a very good win at Elizabethton with QB Shawn Witten a Va Tech commitment and a freshman name Jason Witten played in that game QB Witten was a very elusive QB. Final Score MHS 20 EHS 16. back to work. 

The picture in the paper that year was of WB's "Four Horsemen"