Greenback at GCA!!!

orngnblk

2 hours ago, muskox said:

Sure hope we don't have to play the refs as usual when we go over there

Are you referring to the extended drive the last time we beat you guys up here when your huge D Coordinator was told several times to back his big fanny up but refused to listen and the line judge ran into him and tossed a flag? His ego cost you guys that victory as GCA took it on in for the go ahead score. Or are you referring to the last 2 times you guys played up here and GCA's penalty yardage was higher than Greenback's? Lol, this is going to be fun. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gcapride said:

Are you referring to the extended drive the last time we beat you guys up here when your huge D Coordinator was told several times to back his big fanny up but refused to listen and the line judge ran into him and tossed a flag? His ego cost you guys that victory as GCA took it on in for the go ahead score. Or are you referring to the last 2 times you guys played up here and GCA's penalty yardage was higher than Greenback's? Lol, this is going to be fun. 

Pride the years have fogged your memory lol! Our "big fanny" D Coordinator was actually about 5'9 and might have been around 170 lbs. or less. I think you are confusing him with our offensive line coach who made about 5 of him. If the ref had hit him he would have bounced off. Coach McCarter was standing where he always stood at home & away. Never had a ref run into him. I understand there are rules about this & the objective is for ref & coaches safety and also not to impede the ref from doing his job which is seeing the field of play to make a call. I have never seen a ref run in that far behind a play that was up field from him & in the middle of the field. He had no reason to be running out of bounds straight toward our D Coordinator while staring at him & reaching for his flag long before he braced for the hit! Have you ever seen a ref purposefully go out of his way to make contact with a coach. By no means am I saying a GCA team was cheating, but I do believe that referee went out of his way to help you guys along or had a personal issue with said coach. Huge defining impact to game that took the game out of both teams (players) hands. Also remember the fumble at goal line that wasn't a fumble but was a fumble? My son who was in on the play came out with the stripped ball long before player went over goal line. But guess what GCA TD given but no ball was involved, lol! Again not GCAs fault but bad call on official's part. You made a good point though. The official must have thought he needed to even up the penalty yardage. Goodness I love GCA/GB football games! Love giving you a hard time Pride but just needed to clear things up lol! All in good fun. 

4 hours ago, gcapride said:

I will give you the D coord foul. They told him to move and he went right back in the no fly zone and yes the ref was watching for him and was reaching for the flag and ran straight into him...But he was in the area he wasn't supposed to be in.

The 2012 fumble on the five that can be seen on any game field was the worst of all,we keep that one and we win. But they give it back to them and the very next play halfback pass touchdown.

The refs at GCA make it a tough place to win!I don't say that very often

Edited by orngnblk