195AAA

werazzlin

195 will be interesting this season. I am uncertain of who is actually going to end up in this weight class. However. Here we go. 

Favorite has to be returning champ Walling(mt. Juliet)

There are many folks who are very strong contenders. 195 has many who can get on a run and win it. 

Gentry (Bradley) if he is here. 

Williams (Clarksville), Noga (Wilson central), Brown (Science Hill), Miler (Mcgavock), Harp (Halls)

I am sure there are other contenders...

Edited by werazzlin

It is very hard to do discussions in preseason. These are not rankings... These are just discussions and opinions to get some recognition for the boys. Coaches don't want to let lineups out for fear of losing an advantage of surprise. So I am not certain who actually falls where. If I had to pick a champion I think Noga... I watched him wrestle at Disney. Plus his performance at Georgia backs that up. Also. Williams got second at Indiana.  I am excited to see what happens this year. I think Hicks makes 195 alot tougher. 

48 minutes ago, werazzlin said:

It is very hard to do discussions in preseason. These are not rankings... These are just discussions and opinions to get some recognition for the boys. Coaches don't want to let lineups out for fear of losing an advantage of surprise. So I am not certain who actually falls where. If I had to pick a champion I think Noga... I watched him wrestle at Disney. Plus his performance at Georgia backs that up. Also. Williams got second at Indiana.  I am excited to see what happens this year. I think Hicks makes 195 alot tougher. 

Maybe I am naïve but what is this advantage of surprise that you talk about?  Everyone will know who is going where and at what weight around the Christmas Break and that will give them ample time to scout and get video on the competition.  Like the great Dan Gable once said it's his job as a coach to have a difficult schedule so that everyone takes a loss during the season.  It's much easier to coach a good wrestler after a loss because they begin to pay attention to the details.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cbg said:

Maybe I am naïve but what is this advantage of surprise that you talk about?  Everyone will know who is going where and at what weight around the Christmas Break and that will give them ample time to scout and get video on the competition.  Like the great Dan Gable once said it's his job as a coach to have a difficult schedule so that everyone takes a loss during the season.  It's much easier to coach a good wrestler after a loss because they begin to pay attention to the details.

Well... I personally think that it is hard for reporters to do rematch coverage... I mean no one wants to be wrong or predict someone be at certain weight and promote a matchup... only to find that the highlite matchup is moved based on coaches decision on duals... does that make sense??? 

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2017 at 6:35 AM, werazzlin said:

195 will be interesting this season. I am uncertain of who is actually going to end up in this weight class. However. Here we go. 

Favorite has to be returning champ Walling(mt. Juliet)

There are many folks who are very strong contenders. 195 has many who can get on a run and win it. 

Gentry (Bradley) if he is here. 

Williams (Clarksville), Noga (Wilson central), Brown (Science Hill), Miler (Mcgavock), Harp (Halls)

I am sure there are other contenders...

On 9/29/2017 at 0:11 PM, salterjd said:

I've heard that Buckman from Halls is eyeing 195 this year. If so, he should be in the mix for a top 3 finish here.

I heard from a very reliable source this weekend that Buckman from Knox Halls will be at 195 this year and Harp will be going to 220 for the red devils.