Raleigh Egypt @ Bolivar

tonym3143

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thoughts on this game?

No doubt Bolivar can score but I know nothing about RE other than Covington found a way to hold them to 9 points and still lose the game.

They are 6-0 on the season. This is the best season they have had in a long while. They are in the 2nd year of being under HC Major Wright, who turned White Station into a perennial contender years ago. He left White Station to coach at Briarcrest, but things didn't go so well. Now he's back coaching in Division 1, which I think is better suited for him.

They are 6-0 on the season. This is the best season they have had in a long while. They are in the 2nd year of being under HC Major Wright, who turned White Station into a perennial contender years ago. He left White Station to coach at Briarcrest, but things didn't go so well. Now he's back coaching in Division 1, which I think is better suited for him.

It all makes since now. I was sure wondering how the heck is RE still undefeated. I remember Coach Wright being a really good coach at WS back in my day. I know to stop picking against them in BGIM now. Good to see that program improve, I'll keep my eye on them and hoping they make some noise in 3a this year.

They will bring a balanced attack and have probably 8 playmakers...very athletic team. We have a 6'6" junior receiver that hasn't played yet this year. Could pose more problems for defenses when he returns We will put points on the board...question will be...can RE outscore us. Boliver does have consistent weaknesses and I expect RE to try to exploit them...it will definitely be interesting.

Edited by tonym3143

They will bring a balanced attack and have probably 8 playmakers...very athletic team. We have a 6'6" junior receiver that hasn't played yet this year. Could pose more problems for defenses when he returns We will put points on the board...question will be...can RE outscore us. Boliver does have consistent weaknesses and I expect RE to try to exploit them...it will definitely be interesting.

tonym:

I haven't seen RE play and I probably won't at any point this season, So I can't speak first hand about the team. All I have is what I have access to through media and the internet. I have, however, been keeping an eye on them from afar after I learned that Major Wright was taking over the program last year as their HC. I remember him building a program at White Station when nobody thought that was possible, just because White Station had always been a doormat type team. That school is still continuing to be a solid football program even to this day, many years after he has gone.

I can however supply you with a few links that I think will be of some benefit. 

Shelby Metro Sports Blogspot Website

The first link is to the entire website that tracks and keeps up with all football related facts and figures and schedules and whatnot for any team in Shelby County or in the Metro area surrounding Shelby County.

Updated Individual Stats through 9-25-16

The second link has individual stats which reveal what their RB, QB, WRs, and top rated DB on the team have done up until the 25th.

Updated Team Stata through 9-25-16

The third link has team stats which reveal how the team has performed in comparison to the rest of the teams in Shelby County and the surrounding areas.

The Individual Stats and the Team Stats will be updated Thursday to reflect last weeks game into the total overall database. That website is pretty awesome if you ask me.

I hope that give you an idea of who RE is.

Edited by kwc

winner of this game gets the 1 seed in the playoffs and hosts the quarterfinals...which is a  joke when you consider the caliber of teams both of these squads have beaten...pop warner football here...

but i will say  this...it is nice to see bolivar turn things around...and im even happy for RE...they will continue to grow and actually be a force in football...just not this year...